Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 08:05 AM   #19001
bettielee
Just a regular Fairy Princess

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm going to continue to work on my query

believe it or not, I think writing the query now will help me with the rewrite... I wish I'd written the query first. I keep saying I'm going to do that.

Currently NaNoing: The Heroine from Hampshire - gothic romance maybe... kinda

To edit:
The Vampire Baron - gothic romance - needs editing
Nocturnelle - gothic romance - first draft
The Last Hunter - fantasy - soaking
Endways of the Gods - fantasy mish/mash - might be garbage

To Betas
Dreadlight - Urban Fantasy

Writing Blog: New Years and SHERLOCK LIVES!

Books with Bettielee Blog: taking a break from the bookblog....

Twitter

Old 03-24-2012, 08:23 AM   #19002
RNJ
addicted to love

RNJ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRNJ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRNJ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRNJ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRNJ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRNJ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRNJ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRNJ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRNJ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRNJ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRNJ is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Happy Friday to all the grandmas, fairies, muppets, and capriscious cats of writing land. It won't be Friday much longer in the fair land of Andrew Jackson, Davy Crockett, and Dolly Parton. And sausage. Don't forget the sausage. We also have fried cornbread cakes.

I think we should have a get together this weekend and party.

I'm not lazy, I just follow the Laws of Conservation of Energy.

Website/Blog
Old 03-24-2012, 08:33 AM   #19003
bettielee

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
happy Fridays to you, as well!

To edit:

To Betas

Twitter

Old 03-24-2012, 08:35 AM   #19004
night-flyer
flying around in the pumpkin patch

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie View Post
See, Mystery listens to meh, who else? s! Glad to 'c' you here! Hey, all. Whatcha gonna do for the weekend? And where's our resident muppet?
I always listen to you, Susie! Susie knows best.

Muppet dude ran off to visit his English muppet friends for a few days.

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 03-24-2012, 08:49 AM   #19005
night-flyer
flying around in the pumpkin patch

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettielee View Post

believe it or not, I think writing the query now will help me with the rewrite... I wish I'd written the query first. I keep saying I'm going to do that.
Good luck oh editing fairy, you. I hate writing queries. Hope it comes easier for you than it does for me.

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:39 AM   #19006
Cliff Face
Meet Jill, the goth guitar!

Cliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Queries are evil. Almost as evil as synopses!

Actually, I'm in a similar boat as Bettie - I'm planning on writing a synopsis before I do the rewrite/edits of my WIP. It's a little light on interesting points, so the rewrite is more to add stuff than to rewrite from scratch. But I'm hoping a synopsis will help me know what needs to be done.
The Anger That Drives Me To Heresy
Old 03-24-2012, 10:53 AM   #19007
bettielee

yes~ they are teh ebil!!!!

To edit:

To Betas

Twitter

Old 03-24-2012, 11:27 AM   #19008
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

Sydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm planning on some editing tomorrow night. and . All in all today was a good day. Went to the park and enjoyed some sun, then went and played some pool.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:16 PM   #19009
GailD
Plotting the breakthrough...

GailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh, oh. You guys would mention the 'e' word! Meh!

I've got my novel down from 196k to 104K. (So far.)

Head has asploded many times. While cleaning up after last asplode something clicked:

Kee-kat says, "I am a poor innocent kee-kat."
Kee-kat declares a "No Pants Day."

Kiddies rhyme: Liar, liar, pants on fire.

I sees a link.

Happy Caturday, everyone.

New blog - Jumping Genres. (Updated August 14)

Old 03-24-2012, 02:34 PM   #19010
alleycat
Trick or . . . trick?
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good morning, house of poor innocent kee kats.

Old 03-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #19011
Cliff Face
Meet Jill, the goth guitar!

Cliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I've done a lot of reading today, and not much else.

Does anyone remember how I said a month or so ago that I'd have more time to focus on writing once I was at Uni and not working? And how people laughed and told me that I'd have even less time for my writing when I was at Uni?

Yeah, those people were right... *sigh*

I've now spent 4 weeks doing virtually nothing but Uni stuff. I need a holiday! Send cake!
The Anger That Drives Me To Heresy
Old 03-24-2012, 04:26 PM   #19012
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
good mornin' all. I told RNJ we'll all be over w. bells on 'n s. I'm gettin' mah tongue all clean 'n stuff for the prelicks Sheesh, I didn't get the muppet memo, nighty. Thx for letting us know! Happy weekend.

Last edited by Susie; 03-24-2012 at 04:29 PM. Reason: added
Old 03-24-2012, 05:30 PM   #19013
Synonym
This too will come, someday...

Synonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Gail's logic is flawless.

Old 03-24-2012, 06:41 PM   #19014
RNJ
addicted to love

RNJ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRNJ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRNJ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRNJ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRNJ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRNJ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRNJ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRNJ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRNJ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRNJ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRNJ is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
good mornin' all. I told RNJ we'll all be over w. bells on 'n s.
Turn right at that rock that looks like Rock Hudson. Go about 102.33333 miles and make your way up the drive through the giant dandy lions. Everyone's welcome. Even innocent kee kats and muppets. But watch out for the doggies. They like kee kats. To play with, not to eat. But they will play until you drop. And they love Belles too.

I'll fire up the bar-b and have red velvet cake for desert. Pre-licked of course.

Website/Blog
Old 03-24-2012, 06:47 PM   #19015
Synonym
This too will come, someday...

Synonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ummm. That sounds lovely. I'll be there in uh...two days? Save the left-overs!

Old 03-24-2012, 06:52 PM   #19016
RNJ
addicted to love

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettielee View Post
Speaking of queries, I posted the newest version of mine over in the meat grinder of QLH last night but no one has critiqued it. I guess that means it's good since no one wants to chew on it. I so love getting kicked in the @$@% over there.

Website/Blog
Old 03-24-2012, 08:11 PM   #19017
Susie

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
hey, guyz, aww thx for the directions! We're on our way, so glad yo' all spiffy 'n stuff Can't wait to 'c' yah 'n chow down. I've done the prelicks on your red velvet carpet 'er s

I haven't been crittin' cuz w. my ol' eyes it's hard to 'c'. I'll take a gander at it, though. I bet it's durn 'gud', RNJ.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:24 PM   #19018
Duchessmary
Where I want to be

Duchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good morning house of query evil.

I totally goofed off last night so I will be doing wordage today. Rough drafts, a necessary evil also. For me it's difficult to just let the drivel flow and not critique myself as I go along.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:33 PM   #19019
Susie

Hey, all. Duchess, why not do what works for you! I always do that. Hope you're all havin' a great day! s s!
Old 03-24-2012, 11:31 PM   #19020
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

Sydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I made coffee, who wants a cup?
Old 03-25-2012, 12:07 AM   #19021
bettielee

memememememmemememememememememememmemememememmmeme memememememe

me!

To edit:

To Betas

Twitter

Old 03-25-2012, 12:10 AM   #19022
Susie

hey, guys. Do yah have any yoohoo? That's mah drink. s!
Old 03-25-2012, 12:16 AM   #19023
Jehhillenberg
More like the queen of typos. Oops!

Jehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by night-flyer View Post
I always listen to you, Susie! Susie knows best.

Muppet dude ran off to visit his English muppet friends for a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Face View Post
Queries are evil. Almost as evil as synopses!

Actually, I'm in a similar boat as Bettie - I'm planning on writing a synopsis before I do the rewrite/edits of my WIP. It's a little light on interesting points, so the rewrite is more to add stuff than to rewrite from scratch. But I'm hoping a synopsis will help me know what needs to be done.
Yeah. I hated writing synopses, but I've come around to them since I have a fifth draft written I'm satisfied with. Not as evil as queries to me. Queries seem like either a hit or miss and sometimes an "almost there."

Quote:
hey, guys. Do yah have any yoohoo? That's mah drink. s!
Nah, just yahoo. I'll try a yoohoo.

"What's the most resilient parasite? An idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities...transform the world and rewrite all the rules." - Inception

"I don't have delusions of grandeur, I have an actual recipe for grandeur." - Limitless
Old 03-25-2012, 01:38 AM   #19024
alleycat
Trick or . . . trick?
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good afternoon, house of funsters.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:43 AM   #19025
Lavern08
When All Else Fails, Lavern ItŠ

Lavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thumbs up

Did someone say Sausage and Fried Cornbread Cakes???

Lawdy-Lawd, that sounds good - Isn't it dinner time?

I'll provide the dessert...

I haz me some Lemon Sorbet and Gingersnaps.

Kylabelle:
Laverning is how I get through the long days... (Don't ask about the long nights, just don't)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiddlywinks View Post

Whoo-hoo! I got Laverned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailD View Post
You haven't lived 'til you've been Laverned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
We've all been Laverned and we love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Rob View Post
Okay! I confess! I was Laverned in the library with the lead pipe!
Closed Thread