Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 06:00 AM   #17776
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hey, y'all. Glad yah here! I wonder how dirty bingo is played (or shouldn't I ask? prelick s for y'all 'n tuna too for kee kat!

Please check out my book on this link. Thanks.
https://www.createspace.com/4742539
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...d.php?t=138688
HOF link: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8514909#post8514909
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...07#post7397507
verning is the only way to travel!
*Prelicks Suze - It's the next best thing to getting Laverned*
Old 03-09-2012, 06:05 AM   #17777
alleycat
"The best part of waking up . . . "
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Dirty Bingo is somewhat similar to regular bingo except the cards have designated ways to win (for example, making an "O" can win; the O stands for . . . uh, never mind). The prizes are either gift certificates from the bar or club, or naughty little presents.

It's somewhat entertaining if you're really bored. It doesn't cost anything to play (if it did, it would be illegal in Tennessee).

Old 03-09-2012, 06:30 AM   #17778
Cliff Face
Meet Jill, the goth guitar!

Cliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
They don't allow bingo in Tennessee?

Actually, I'm pretty sure I broke the law repeatedly even as young as 8 or 9... My grandparents used to belong to a Seniors Club, which ran bingo nights. Mum used to take me and sis to play. $2 per ticket book, but I remember winning as much as $15 in a single night once.

8 year olds gambling... Hmm. *arrests mum*
The Anger That Drives Me To Heresy
Old 03-09-2012, 06:32 AM   #17779
alleycat
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
They don't allow bingo when it's actually gambling, unless under very strict regulations.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:43 AM   #17780
Cliff Face

Cliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hmm.

This seems weird to me. Though it's probably related to the fact that South Australia (where I live) is the gambling capital of Australia.

I think there's something like $8billion made each year on Pokies (slot machines) in this state alone (1 million population).

Just about everyone here has gambled at some point, and a good percentage of the population are problem gamblers.

South Australia is the Pokies centre of the country, at the very least.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:03 AM   #17781
Duchessmary
Where I want to be

Duchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hey Cliff, any spider blankets where you are? I watched a video showing millions of Australian wolf spiders invading some place in New South Wales, I think. Their town was literally covered in spider webs.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:09 AM   #17782
alleycat
SuperModerator

The Giant Spider Invasion! Coming to a location near you . . .

Old 03-09-2012, 07:23 AM   #17783
Synonym
This too will come, someday...

Synonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
hoo boy. I'd be packing so fast it would make your head spin!

Old 03-09-2012, 07:48 AM   #17784
Cliff Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
Hey Cliff, any spider blankets where you are? I watched a video showing millions of Australian wolf spiders invading some place in New South Wales, I think. Their town was literally covered in spider webs.
*thanks fortune he doesn't live in New South Wales*

No, we haven't had plagues of spiders where I live. Last year we had a plague of crickets though... The buggers were everywhere!

It's safe to say that if we had a plague of spiders, I'd invest in some medieval armour and strap fly spray to my body like commandos do with ammunition.

I'd probably die of a heart attack before killing more than 100 of them, but that's neither here nor there.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:29 AM   #17785
parumpdragon
photography aficionado

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
uh-oh, the thread is sleeping... or at least dozing off.

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
Old 03-09-2012, 08:41 AM   #17786
Cliff Face

I was editing a story that I'm not sure is any good, now that I get right down to it.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:51 AM   #17787
parumpdragon
photography aficionado

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
last year I discovered thumb-drives and brought a bunch of old stories from my Mac 10.2 to my laptop.

I had loved them when I wrote them in 2003. Now, not so much. But seeing the imporovement between then and now is interesting.

Goodreads

Old 03-09-2012, 08:55 AM   #17788
alleycat
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by parumpdragon View Post
uh-oh, the thread is sleeping... or at least dozing off.
I prefer to think of it as cat-napping.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:23 AM   #17789
parumpdragon
photography aficionado

That is prrrfect.

Goodreads

Old 03-09-2012, 10:49 AM   #17790
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Pokies - I like that name for slot machines. Sounds fun! Hey, all. Any fun plans for the weekend? Hope so! s!

Please check out my book on this link. Thanks.
https://www.createspace.com/4742539
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...d.php?t=138688
HOF link: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8514909#post8514909
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...07#post7397507
verning is the only way to travel!
*Prelicks Suze - It's the next best thing to getting Laverned*
Old 03-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #17791
night-flyer
flying about searching for cows

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Geez, just spent an hour or so reading back...something about gumbo, dirty bingo, and guinea pigs. I don't think I'm quite well enough yet to figure it all out.

Thanks for the well wishes and prayers everyone. You guys make me smile.

I'm out of the hospital for now. Healing. I have one more surgery to go through and then I'll be done. I hope. Not feeling great, the hospital seems to do as much damage as fixing. But I'm mending.

Sure did miss everyone.

Rob, wth? You're the most shmooed muppet that I've ever seen. :P

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:38 PM   #17792
GailD
Plotting the breakthrough...

GailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yay, Nighty. Good to see you back here. Get lots of rest and get well soon, 'k.

Muppet shmooing is an awesome spectator sport.

The Branch of Thorns - my s/story in the African American Review (Vol 46.1) on sale now.

New blog - Write, Right and Research. Part 3 (Final) UPDATED DEC 1st. With pictures!!

Old 03-09-2012, 02:08 PM   #17793
alleycat
SuperModerator

Welcome back, n-f.

I wouldn't try the gumbo if I were you. The last time I heard Rob was swimming in it.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #17794
night-flyer

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thanks AC.

*makes note- no gumbo*

Wouldn't want to choke on a hairball.

Quote:
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:22 PM   #17795
alleycat
SuperModerator

I hate hairballs!

Old 03-09-2012, 02:23 PM   #17796
night-flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailD View Post
Yay, Nighty. Good to see you back here. Get lots of rest and get well soon, 'k.

Muppet shmooing is an awesome spectator sport.
Thanks Gail. Not resting tonight, but I'll probably sleep all day tomorrow.

Quote:

Old 03-09-2012, 02:23 PM   #17797
night-flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
I hate hairballs!
You are a hairball. :P

Quote:

Old 03-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #17798
alleycat
SuperModerator

Someone is going to need a new avatar . . .

Old 03-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #17799
night-flyer

That one just about fits right now. Especially after drinking the hospital coffee.

Quote:

Old 03-09-2012, 02:42 PM   #17800
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

Sydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
That dragon isn't nearly awesome enough to represent NF!!