Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 04:49 AM   #17601
Stlight
ideas are floating where they will

Location: where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of things
Stlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
Never park on the ramp part if you can help it.

Making a note. It's been ten years since I drove in a parking deck.

Must now go to bed and practice trying to read myself to sleep this early. I mean I need to get a couple of hours reading, right?

Note I am one of those people who needs nine hours sleep, ten is better. You would not like me on 8 or less.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:49 AM   #17602
Duchessmary
Where I want to be

Duchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I love DST. I hate when it goes back to Standard time and it gets dark early. HATE IT.

Our weeds are doing delightfully.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:49 AM   #17603
Cliff Face
Meet Jill, the goth guitar!

Cliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'd probably be pretty consistent with shift work actually...

I tend to only give 60% at any given moment anyway.
The Anger That Drives Me To Heresy
Old 03-07-2012, 04:52 AM   #17604
alleycat
Pretty butterfly. I'll kill it.
AW Moderator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
I love DST. I hate when it goes back to Standard time and it gets dark early. HATE IT.
I used to consider that the worst day of the year. Even the traffic seemed to be worse.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:53 AM   #17605
alleycat
Pretty butterfly. I'll kill it.
AW Moderator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Face View Post
I tend to only give 60% at any given moment anyway.
That high?

Old 03-07-2012, 05:42 AM   #17606
Cliff Face
Meet Jill, the goth guitar!

Cliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Well, I am a professional zombie, so yeah, that high.
The Anger That Drives Me To Heresy
Old 03-07-2012, 06:00 AM   #17607
night-flyer
One cow, two cows, three...

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Did Duchess say that her weed is growing well? Hm...that's cool.

Hi funners.

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:05 AM   #17608
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

Sydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I believe she did NF.

So good to see you! You aren't on nearly often enough dragon.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:10 AM   #17609
kenthepen
practical experience, FTW

kenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Smile

Hi floozies!

I hate DST! Don't care in the summer, but that's supposed to be part of fall and winter, the short days and early dark.

LOML flips her days/nights every week. Don't know how she does it. It's brutal.

Severe allergic reaction to the slightest traces of reality

Kenneth Folta available on Smashwords
Old 03-07-2012, 06:20 AM   #17610
Duchessmary
Where I want to be

Duchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Dragon wench! How is the grand tot? Hope you and yours are well.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:21 AM   #17611
kenthepen

kenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Question

Duchess, what's this about you growing weed??????

Old 03-07-2012, 06:38 AM   #17612
night-flyer

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyd View Post
I believe she did NF.

So good to see you! You aren't on nearly often enough dragon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
Dragon wench! How is the grand tot? Hope you and yours are well.
Hey, guys. Yeah, not around much. The grandtot is fine and out of the hospital, but now I'm in here. Life just kind of sucks that way. Anyway, had two operations and now waiting on a third. So, not on much. Miss you guys though.

Quote:
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:40 AM   #17613
HistorySleuth
Researching History's Mysteries

HistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh my NF, it's always somthin', ain't it?

Old 03-07-2012, 06:41 AM   #17614
Duchessmary
Where I want to be

Malicious lies! I was referring to the weeds in my back yard. As in weeds WEEDS. Not WEED. Sheesh.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:43 AM   #17615
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

Sydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
This is how rumors begin.

Me: Did you hear about Duchess?

Person not me: Oh yeah, never expected it.

Me: Well it is always the royal ones.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:47 AM   #17616
night-flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorySleuth View Post
Oh my NF, it's always somthin', ain't it?
One thing after the other HS. Just the way it is.

*smokes Duchess' weed*

Quote:

Old 03-07-2012, 07:03 AM   #17617
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

So, I thought you would all want a Chermioya update.

A little backstory: I basically bought the fruit cause it had the word ice cream in the title. I forgot what it was called, got help in identifying and learned I had to wait till it was ripe.

Today was that day.

I cut it down the middle as per instructions and put it in a flat tupperware. First of all, it looked a little like smooth white matter from a brain with these large black alien-like seeds scattered throughout.

Still, I pushed forward and scooped the first bite. The consistancy was, smooth, but with a hint of slimy--enough to make it difficult to swallow. The taste was chalky, a little like a papaya (which I hate) and had just enough tart sweetness to compell me to take another bite. On it went, an almost slimy texture that began with an initial off-putting flavor that ended with a sweetness that just almost enough but not quite.

Then I shifted the tupperware and realized it was not what I thought it was, and the entire time the juices had been leaking through an unknown hole and into my lap. I decided this was the sign needed.

Here endeth Cherimoya.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:08 AM   #17618
night-flyer

Sounds disgusting. I don't do slimey very well.

Quote:

Old 03-07-2012, 07:12 AM   #17619
swachski
ripply

swachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh noes, NF! Surgery is no fun. Virtual hugs to you, and hope the last one goes smoothly!!
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didnít do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. ó Mark Twain
Old 03-07-2012, 07:15 AM   #17620
night-flyer

No, it's not very cool. I could do without them, but they don't seem to think so. Thanks Swachski.

shh...don't tell Susie, I don't want her to worry.

Quote:

Old 03-07-2012, 07:16 AM   #17621
kenthepen

Talking

I'm not sure about any of you. Duchess Mary is growing Sheesh Weed and Gail is using some new drug that spparently is absorbed throuigh the lap?! WTOMG?

Old 03-07-2012, 07:18 AM   #17622
kenthepen

Red face

Sorry gail, Sydney's doing this chairinmyeyea thing.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:33 AM   #17623
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

It is a fruit. Not drug
Old 03-07-2012, 07:41 AM   #17624
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
too late, nighty. I'm worryin' already! Big s 'n there's s in it for you to be outta that place 'n the same feisty, loving nighty that we knowz'n luvs! s
Old 03-07-2012, 07:44 AM   #17625
kenthepen

Unhappy

(((((nf))))). Sorry, Syd, I wish I'd read closer. I just ordered several cases online.

Closed Thread