Happy Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 04:11 AM   #17376
Cliff Face
Meet Jill, the goth guitar!

Cliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
Technically you were correct. It was March 3rd in Australia.
Actually, we put it to a vote, and it's now March 9th, because we were all getting impatient.

Tru fax.
The Anger That Drives Me To Heresy
Old 03-03-2012, 04:35 AM   #17377
bettielee
Just a regular Fairy Princess

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*wishes she was in Australia*

Currently NaNoing: The Heroine from Hampshire - gothic romance maybe... kinda

Twitter
Old 03-03-2012, 04:36 AM   #17378
bettielee
Just a regular Fairy Princess

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
And no, Cliff, I'm not following you.

Really.

Currently NaNoing: The Heroine from Hampshire - gothic romance maybe... kinda

Twitter
Old 03-03-2012, 05:05 AM   #17379
Duchessmary
Where I want to be

Duchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yikes! Everyone be safe, please. Let us know you're okay when you can.

I had a wonderful afternoon today. Retail therapy at the mall, and my daughter treated me to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory! Yep, guess what I have in my refrigerator. White chocolate and raspberry cheesecake. I'm gonna have an orgy.

Old 03-03-2012, 06:27 AM   #17380
Synonym
Tis the season!

Synonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*sneaks into DM's fridge*

nomnomnomnomnomnomnom...

Old 03-03-2012, 06:31 AM   #17381
alleycat
Shiny!
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh. Hi there. I'm just, uh, looking for refrigerator mice.

Old 03-03-2012, 06:36 AM   #17382
Duchessmary
Where I want to be

Duchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

Back you beasts! *brandishes whip*

Old 03-03-2012, 06:52 AM   #17383
Synonym
Tis the season!

Synonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
oooh. Kinky!

Old 03-03-2012, 07:00 AM   #17384
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

Sydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
She did say it was an orgy...
Old 03-03-2012, 07:02 AM   #17385
Cliff Face

Cliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I just spent $20 on packing boxes for the big move later this month.

I'd rather have bought a DVD or CD or something, but whatever.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:09 AM   #17386
Duchessmary
Where I want to be

Have some cheesecake, Cliff.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:16 AM   #17387
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
hey, all, Cliff why don't you go to a supermarket and ask for their empty boxes. They give them away for free!

Hope you're all safe from the tornadoes. Yuck! s s!
Old 03-03-2012, 07:26 AM   #17388
Cliff Face

Where I live, nowhere really gives boxes away anymore.

I'm pretty sure supermarkets (and the place I used to work at for that matter) recycle empty boxes by flattening them out as soon as they're empty... And a flattened box is no good for reuse.

It used to be that the big hardware store chain down here had boxes that anyone could take... Last time mum tried taking some from there, though, she was told that the boxes are just there for customers needing to transport their products home.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:28 AM   #17389
Cliff Face

But the ones we've been using are pretty good.

They start out flattened, but then fold all sorts of ways to give the end product a double-strength sides and bottom. Great for transporting books. And you can flatten them out again later.

Whereas most boxes tend to rely on packing tape holding the bottom together, so flattening them out pretty much means you can't use them again.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:29 AM   #17390
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Gee, times sure have changed, huh and not for the better in some instances. I just saw a fellow in Walmart, carry-out a bunch of empty boxes!
Old 03-03-2012, 07:43 AM   #17391
Synonym
Tis the season!

Cliff, I just pre-ordered the first season of "Game of Thrones" on DVD. Does that help? LOL

Old 03-03-2012, 07:49 AM   #17392
alleycat
Shiny!
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
This just in from DGD #1.

Quote:
Hurt my leg trying to keep a mouse from getting on me. I don't like mice, they're brave.
I'm so . . . embarrassed. My DGD, afraid of mice.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:54 AM   #17393
Synonym
Tis the season!

LOL...this is from the cat side of your personality, I assume?

Old 03-03-2012, 08:15 AM   #17394
alleycat
Shiny!
SuperModerator

I just hope she and DD #2 don't come up with some harebrained scheme to get rid of the mouse. Like, say, burning the house down.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:44 AM   #17395
Synonym
Tis the season!

Did you suggest traps?

Old 03-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #17396
alleycat
Shiny!
SuperModerator

Uh.

I suggested not using a shotgun.

I thought that was helpful.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:50 AM   #17397
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

Sydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I've heard that when you want to catch mice, flamethrowers are your friend.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:52 AM   #17398
alleycat
Shiny!
SuperModerator

In every life a little hail must fall . . . or, sometimes, a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6j3dou0MrI

This is a video of the hail near where I live this afternoon.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:55 AM   #17399
Duchessmary
Where I want to be

Mice confetti!! EEEEK!!!

Old 03-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #17400
alleycat
Shiny!
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyd View Post
I've heard that when you want to catch mice, flamethrowers are your friend.
Please, don't tell that to DD #2.
Closed Thread