Happy Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > International District
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2012, 11:13 PM   #301
andreea
Yeeeesss??

andreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
How are you, guys? Everyone accounted for? Cum va descurcati cu vremea asta?

Nonsense can be found here.
andreea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:46 AM   #302
Tepelus
Is a chilly.

Tepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Be careful and stay warm over there. We're having a rather warm and mostly snowless winter this season. We got about two inches last night and that's been the most we've had at one time so far. This area seems to tend to not get as much snow as others because of Lake Erie. February and March are usually our snowiest months here. I'm used to living in western Michigan where lake effect snow is common, so it's strange for me living here in this part of Ohio where it seems heavy snow is something that doesn't happen often.

Cast Your Eyes On The Ocean,
Cast Your Soul To The Sea.
When The Dark Night Seems Endless,
Please Remember Me.

My Blog. You know you want to.
My deviantART page. I draw and photograph, too.
Tepelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:30 AM   #303
SaraP
Proud to be a Sparklist
AW Moderator

SaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreea View Post
How are you, guys? Everyone accounted for? Cum va descurcati cu vremea asta?
I don't follow the news... is the weather giving you guys trouble over there?

It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate

It takes strength to be gentle and kind

The Smiths

Life getting you down? Come get a pick-me-up.
SaraP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #304
andreea
Yeeeesss??

andreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yea, the weather is terrible here. - 20 to - 32 degrees celsius during the night, heavy snow, blizzards. There are whole villages stranded because of the snow, with no food or electricity, and it's still snowing and it will be for the next few days. After that we're expecting a new wave of cold air so the temperatures will be down again to - 30 during the night. There were -24 in the morning when I left for work.

There's only - 30 degrees C at the South Pole, while we had -32.5 in some places. So yea, it's a warm winter. )

Old 02-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #305
Tepelus
Is a chilly.

Tepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Dang, I knew it was cold but not that cold. I feel bad for you all. Here's hoping spring will make an early arrival for you.

Please Remember Me.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #306
SaraP
Proud to be a Sparklist
AW Moderator

SaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ouch.

We're having a cold, but very sunny, winter. Can't remember having so much sun in winter months.

Take care of yourselves out there.

It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate

It takes strength to be gentle and kind

The Smiths

Life getting you down? Come get a pick-me-up.
SaraP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:26 AM   #307
andreea
Yeeeesss??

Thanks, girls, for the warm thoughts. *hugs

Old 02-13-2012, 07:38 PM   #308
shayla.mist
practical experience, FTW

shayla.mist is well-respected
Same here! Thanks very much!
shayla.mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:41 AM   #309
Eddyz Aquila
Noob Writers United

Eddyz Aquila leaves trails of profuse coolnessEddyz Aquila leaves trails of profuse coolnessEddyz Aquila leaves trails of profuse coolnessEddyz Aquila leaves trails of profuse coolnessEddyz Aquila leaves trails of profuse coolness
Zapada a devenit usor usor munca noastra zilnica din cate vad

http://www.randomwander.com/

The more you can dream, the more you can do. - Michael Korda
Eddyz Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:43 AM   #310
mfarraday
Time Traveler

mfarraday has a spectacular auramfarraday has a spectacular aura
my mother-in-law is from a small village outside Pitesti, about an hour or two from Bucharest. we've heard that she is snowed in, in Pitesti at a relative's apartment, been there for about a week now. my husband is worried about his Grandmother, who is in his hometown village completely stranded. i've heard the snow is quite high, to the tops of windows in some cases. that it's a national disaster.

i hope the snow melts soon and that people are not too cold. i don't know how you get firewood in such a situation. my guess is that you just don't get wood. which is awful to think about.

keep warm and hang in there, in Romania! been there 4 times.
mfarraday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:52 PM   #311
mfarraday
Time Traveler

picture of Romanian snow

Old 02-16-2012, 11:53 PM   #312
mfarraday
Time Traveler

another picture

Old 02-16-2012, 11:54 PM   #313
mfarraday
Time Traveler

those were pics my husband found online.

enjoy!
Old 02-17-2012, 12:29 AM   #314
Tepelus
Is a chilly.

I've seen some of those and watched a news broadcast on the snow. My ex told me he's never heard of so much snow before in Romania, ever. And people here whine about an inch or two. I posted these pics on Facebook so the whiners can stop their whining. lol

Please Remember Me.

Old 02-18-2012, 03:45 PM   #315
Elenitsa
A seadog looking for crewmates

Elenitsa is on a distinguished road
Hello! In Bucharest is better than there, but it is still an adventure to skate/ swim to work... When I described this impossible weather now, my American friends called it "slushie". Not sure what is it, but I guess it is their equivalent of "flescaiala". A Romanian word which our first English consultant (who experienced a winter here, not as heavy as this one, it was 1992 I think) loved...

http://beforethemast.b1.jcink.com/index.php
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies, open since August 2010;
winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-
Elenitsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:49 PM   #316
Nimram
sometimes woefully inaccurate

Nimram is well-respected
Salut,
prima postare trebuie sa fie in romana daca tot am unde.
Bine (ca)v-am gasit!
Zapada se topeste si incepe sa miroasa a primavara. hehe..wishful thinkin'
Nimram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:08 PM   #317
shayla.mist
practical experience, FTW

shayla.mist is well-respected
Yey! Somebody new! Bine ai venit, nimram!
Intr-adevar vine primavara. Au iesit ghioceii si afara e caldut. Finally! Dupa asa o iarna abia asteptam caldura.
shayla.mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:38 PM   #318
Elenitsa
A seadog looking for crewmates

Elenitsa is on a distinguished road
Bine ai venit, Nimram! Bucuresti sau care colt? Ca suntem cam peste tot, se pare...

http://beforethemast.b1.jcink.com/index.php
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies, open since August 2010;
winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-
Elenitsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:20 PM   #319
Nimram

Nimram is well-respected
Bucuresti. Abia am aterizat pe forum. Nu mi-a venit sa cred cand am gasit sute de pagini cu chestii destepte. Ar trebui sa-mi iau liber o saptamana ca sa trec prin ele rapid.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:44 PM   #320
Eddyz Aquila
Noob Writers United

Eddyz Aquila leaves trails of profuse coolnessEddyz Aquila leaves trails of profuse coolnessEddyz Aquila leaves trails of profuse coolnessEddyz Aquila leaves trails of profuse coolnessEddyz Aquila leaves trails of profuse coolness
Bine ai venit, Nimram!

Old 02-25-2012, 01:04 AM   #321
Nimram

Nimram is well-respected
Salve Eddy,
bine te-am gasit.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:08 AM   #322
andreea
Yeeeesss??

Bine ai venit, Nimram. Sper ca aduci primavara cu tine ca iarna asta m-a terminat.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:02 PM   #323
Nimram

Nimram is well-respected
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreea View Post
Bine ai venit, Nimram. Sper ca aduci primavara cu tine ca iarna asta m-a terminat.
Look outside
Old 02-28-2012, 01:20 AM   #324
Eddyz Aquila
Noob Writers United

Sa vina primavara mai repedeee!

Old 02-28-2012, 10:19 AM   #325
rhetoric by rosalie
figuring it all out

rhetoric by rosalie is on a distinguished road
It'll be May before all that snow has melted. (Hope I'm not repeating something already said in Romanian. I think I interpreted something about springtime and the month of May above.) Warm thoughts to you all over there. It's a warm 60 F here in Maryland. Normally we have very cold weather and a lot of snow or ice storms this time of year....global warming I guess.
rhetoric by rosalie is offline   Reply With Quote