Happy Thanksgiving JPG

Happy Thanksgiving!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > International District
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2012, 03:02 AM   #276
SaraP
Proud to be a Sparklist
AW Moderator

SaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by iulialesley View Post
is your language Portuguese Sara?
Yep.

Born and raised in the country, 100% portuguese blood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaziki Sauce View Post
Hello, everyone! I hope it's not too late to say this, but la multi ani! I have a friend in Romania, and that is about all I can say (besides te iubesc). Oh oh, I also know what mici is. Hopefully I can learn more Romanian in this thread.
Welcome aboard! I hang out here and I don't even know how to say hello.

It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate

It takes strength to be gentle and kind

The Smiths

Life getting you down? Come get a pick-me-up.
SaraP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:39 PM   #277
shayla.mist
practical experience, FTW

shayla.mist is well-respected
hi guys! Tocmai m-am "inrolat" in acest forum si am constatat cu mare bucurie ca exista un thread, chiar foarte activ, de romani!Ma primiti si pe mine? Sunt foarte incantata sa va cunosc!
shayla.mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:01 PM   #278
SaraP
Proud to be a Sparklist
AW Moderator

SaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm actually amazed at how much I understood of that.

Welcome to AW, Andra.

It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate

The Smiths

Old 01-25-2012, 09:37 PM   #279
shayla.mist

Thanks Sara! Sorry, I suppose I should use English
Old 01-25-2012, 11:23 PM   #280
SaraP
Proud to be a Sparklist
AW Moderator

Nah, it's fine. Actually, it's part of what makes the International District so unique and amazing.

It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate

The Smiths

Old 01-26-2012, 12:11 AM   #281
Zaziki Sauce
figuring it all out

Zaziki Sauce is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the welcome! Multumesc! And hi, andra
Old 01-26-2012, 11:20 AM   #282
shayla.mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraP View Post
Nah, it's fine. Actually, it's part of what makes the International District so unique and amazing.
True! Plus, there's always google translate when you're in a pinch right?:P

hi Zaziki Sauce! Nice to meet you!
Old 01-26-2012, 10:55 PM   #283
Eddyz Aquila
Noob Writers United

Eddyz Aquila leaves trails of profuse coolnessEddyz Aquila leaves trails of profuse coolnessEddyz Aquila leaves trails of profuse coolnessEddyz Aquila leaves trails of profuse coolnessEddyz Aquila leaves trails of profuse coolness
Bine ai venit Andra

http://www.randomwander.com/

The more you can dream, the more you can do. - Michael Korda
Eddyz Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #284
shayla.mist

Multumesc mult Eddyz!
Old 02-04-2012, 06:49 AM   #285
Eddyz Aquila
Noob Writers United

Eddyz Aquila leaves trails of profuse coolnessEddyz Aquila leaves trails of profuse coolnessEddyz Aquila leaves trails of profuse coolnessEddyz Aquila leaves trails of profuse coolnessEddyz Aquila leaves trails of profuse coolness
La la la cum mai e atmosfera?

In afara de mentiuni gen "friguroasa"...

http://www.randomwander.com/

The more you can dream, the more you can do. - Michael Korda
Eddyz Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:30 PM   #286
andreea
Yeeeesss??

andreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Neata si bine ai venit, andra! Am lipsit cam mult de pe AW, am cam intrat in sevraj. Ce mai e nou?

Nonsense can be found here.
andreea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:32 PM   #287
shayla.mist

buna Andreea. Multumesc! wow, tocmai am vazut ca scrii m/m ca mine si-ti place Josh Lanyon! aww! ♥ I got the feeling we'll get along so well!
Eddyz, sunt curioasa cum de erai treaz la 4 jumate dimineata O_O
Old 02-04-2012, 02:54 PM   #288
andreea
Yeeeesss??

andreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hehe, asa se pare.
And Josh Lanyon rocks. Errr...you get the drift. *wink wink.

ETA din ce am vazut, Eddy e treaz la tot felul de ore ciudate.

Old 02-04-2012, 03:06 PM   #289
shayla.mist

Lanyon totally rocks indeed!
Old 02-04-2012, 03:45 PM   #290
andreea
Yeeeesss??

De unde esti?

Old 02-04-2012, 03:55 PM   #291
shayla.mist

Tulcea, tu?
Old 02-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #292
j. Adams
Athletic Wizard

j. Adams is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tepelus View Post
And I have to say, I miss the Romanian parties I used to go to. Y'all sure know how to throw a party. And I miss mici. Most of all, the mici.
haha, so true. My parents were in Romania (Bucharest) for 6 years and I visited them every summer and winter vacation. The night life there was awesome. I also liked the very lopsided exchange rate (Pounds/Dollars --> Lei) at the time that made you an instant millionaire, and you could easily go out with $100 for the entire weekend and have a blast.
j. Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #293
Sargentodiaz

Sargentodiaz has a spectacular auraSargentodiaz has a spectacular aura
Thumbs down

And they have a computer hacker there who is ripping off unsuspecting Americans by using a scam where the IRS is offering a refund and all one has to do is click on a link and fill out a form. Then sit back and ways for your $$$$.

The only problem is - IT AIN'T THE IRS!
It's a guy named DULGHERU SILVIO who used my debit card to order $2k worth of computer equipment from Novicio Tech Division, both of Bucharest.
And the Romanian government tell me to hire a Romanian lawyer.
Some kind of country.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #294
andreea
Yeeeesss??

Quote:
Originally Posted by andra View Post
Tulcea, tu?
Bucuresti

Quote:
Originally Posted by j. Adams View Post
haha, so true. My parents were in Romania (Bucharest) for 6 years and I visited them every summer and winter vacation. The night life there was awesome. I also liked the very lopsided exchange rate (Pounds/Dollars --> Lei) at the time that made you an instant millionaire, and you could easily go out with $100 for the entire weekend and have a blast.
When was that? Because now you won't do much with 100$.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:59 PM   #295
andreea
Yeeeesss??

@lvcabbie

Sorry you got scamed. Every country has few bad apples, but that's no reason to judge the whole country after those few.

Old 02-05-2012, 12:39 AM   #296
j. Adams
Athletic Wizard

j. Adams is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreea View Post
Bucuresti

When was that? Because now you won't do much with 100$.
1998-2004
j. Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #297
andreea
Yeeeesss??

That explains it then. Money had other value back then.

Old 02-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #298
shayla.mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreea View Post
Bucuresti
Oh, right! silly me! lol sorry, I'm a total airhead.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:47 AM   #299
Elenitsa
A seadog looking for crewmates

Elenitsa is on a distinguished road
Iar atmosfera nu e doar friguroasa, e si alunecoasa... Calde salutari din Bucurestiul inzapezit! Cum e pe la Tulcea? A inghetat Dunarea?

Elenitsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:11 PM   #300
shayla.mist

Buna Elenista. E groaznic si aici. Ninge in continuu de azi-noapte, bate un viscol crunt si tre sa ai mare grija pe unde calci. Categoric nu e vreme de iesit pe-afara.