Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > Bulletin Board
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2011, 03:59 AM   #1
MacAllister
'Twas but a dream of thee
El Jefe

MacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
July 11-12 AW Outage and Rollback

So the good news is, we're back, folks - with a huge round of applause for SHawkins, who has been a serious hero all day long.

So the less-good news is that we had to roll back a few days, to get things to stabilize...so we lost some data. You'll notice you're missing some rep comments, some posts, and there will likely be several new members who'll have to re-register again.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and the lost data. I'm very glad you're here, folks, and I intend to let the mods know we'll just have to go on a repping spree to make it up to you.

Welcome home, everyone -- and if you see SHawkins around the boards, buy him a beer and say thank you!

I also want to thank everyone who has been so terrific about helping spread the word, this last day or so, while we were down. You guys are the best group of people I've ever seen collected in a single community, and I deeply appreciate the assist.

Sofa Monkeys - Pop Culture for the Short Attention Span | Creating Home - Living well, creating a home, and cooking with Mom! | Stones In the Field - Random notes and maunderings
MacAllister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:01 AM   #2
robeiae
AW's Foremost Intellectual (AWFI)

robeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'll buy him a beer, but I won't speak to him...

Learning to run, T'ai Chi style--blogging about running and Eastern philosophy
Ponds of Happenstance--blogging about politics, economics, and history
Sailor on the Ponds--tweeting about everything

A unanimous SCOTUS smackdown on Presidential power-grabbing...or is it?

Breathing during a run: find your center and run from within
More on the Altra Zero Drop shoe
robeiae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:05 AM   #3
Guardian
Rainbow Laser Princess

Guardian is a candidate for sainthoodGuardian is a candidate for sainthoodGuardian is a candidate for sainthoodGuardian is a candidate for sainthoodGuardian is a candidate for sainthoodGuardian is a candidate for sainthoodGuardian is a candidate for sainthoodGuardian is a candidate for sainthood
I'm too young to buy him a beer. What's a suitable substitute?

Thanks for getting the boards up. Too bad about the reps, though!
Old 07-13-2011, 04:05 AM   #4
missesdash
You can't sit with us!

missesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I was wondering if I can be bumped so I can post in SYW? I had over a hundred posts erased and now I'm back to 9. I had one query and one chapter of my MS up.

haha this is sad, I just registered, so now everything I'd customized is gone
missesdash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:06 AM   #5
MacAllister
El Jefe

MacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Missesdash, I'm so sorry about the data loss. Yes, I will absolutely go and bump your post count right now -- and if you need any help with the customizations, let me know how I can be of assistance!

Sofa Monkeys - Pop Culture for the Short Attention Span | Creating Home - Living well, creating a home, and cooking with Mom! | Stones In the Field - Random notes and maunderings
Old 07-13-2011, 04:07 AM   #6
Alessandra Kelley
Sophipygian
AW Moderator

Alessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Wow, hooray for SHawkins. This must have been a hell of a day for you all. Hope things get back on track.

Alessandra Kelley, Fine Art, Illustration, and Egg Tempera Instruction
"Confessions of a Postmodern Pre-Raphaelite" -- my blog
Alessandra Kelley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:09 AM   #7
missesdash
You can't sit with us!

missesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAllister View Post
Missesdash, I'm so sorry about the data loss. Yes, I will absolutely go and bump your post count right now -- and if you need any help with the customizations, let me know how I can be of assistance!

Okay thanks so much. I was really only worried about the post count, I probably would have cried if I had to start all over. I can just repost now.
missesdash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:09 AM   #8
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

heyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yay SHawkins! Our hero!
heyjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:09 AM   #9
MacAllister
El Jefe

Guardian, coffee or ice tea always works, too. Or just give him a virtual hug.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:10 AM   #10
thothguard51
A Gentleman of a refined age...

thothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Forget the beer, a scotch and water to all the heros...

And clean underwear...

Currently working on...

From, The Tales of Netherron,
Book 1, A Game of Pawns
Book 2, Pawn takes Queen,
Book 3, Pawn's Gambit,

In the pipeline,
Children of Netherron, follow up trilogy
Guardians of Netherron, prequel trilogy

http://nickanthony51.wordpress.com (on hiatus)

Nick Anthony
thothguard51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:10 AM   #11
pollymilton
please hold....

pollymilton is a glorious beacon of lightpollymilton is a glorious beacon of light
Thank you SHawkins!
pollymilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:10 AM   #12
MacAllister
El Jefe

Quote:
Originally Posted by missesdash View Post
Okay thanks so much. I was really only worried about the post count, I probably would have cried if I had to start all over. I can just repost now.
No worries - and feel free to let other newish members know, too, that we can help 'em out, if they're in the same boat.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:12 AM   #13
Medievalist
Cultus Gopherus MacAllister
SuperModerator

Medievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandra Kelley View Post
Wow, hooray for SHawkins. This must have been a hell of a day for you all. Hope things get back on track.
Keep in mind that poor shawkins also has a day job.

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
My opinions are my own. | Who else would want them?
Medievalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:14 AM   #14
Spiral
looking at the stars

Spiral has a golden reputationSpiral has a golden reputationSpiral has a golden reputationSpiral has a golden reputationSpiral has a golden reputationSpiral has a golden reputation
I never knew how much I liked trhis place until it was gone for so long. Thanks SHawkins! (even if I don't know you yet) Much appreciated
Spiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:14 AM   #15
amergina
Just don't fall for the boss...
AW Moderator

amergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thank you Shawkins! And thank you, Mac!

(And huzzah! I can now avoid getting pulled into that thread I shouldn't have let myself get pulled into the other day! Even better!)

Coming August 19th: Take0ver (M/M contemporary romance) from Berkley InterMix

I have a Website! My Pen Name has a Website! I also Tweet!
amergina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:15 AM   #16
Shadowflame
Gametrovert

Shadowflame has a golden reputationShadowflame has a golden reputationShadowflame has a golden reputationShadowflame has a golden reputationShadowflame has a golden reputationShadowflame has a golden reputation
Thank you SHawkins!

and FB for Shadowflame Designs Beadowork
BLOG

Space Marine Gerbils

Rejection count 2014 - 16
Stories out 11
Acceptances: 1
Shortlisted: 1
Shadowflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:15 AM   #17
MacAllister
El Jefe

Amergina, yep - like it never happened...

Old 07-13-2011, 04:15 AM   #18
Karen Junker
Live a little. Write a lot.

Karen Junker has a double-platinum reputationKaren Junker has a double-platinum reputationKaren Junker has a double-platinum reputationKaren Junker has a double-platinum reputationKaren Junker has a double-platinum reputationKaren Junker has a double-platinum reputationKaren Junker has a double-platinum reputation
Thank you so much for all your hard work!
Karen Junker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:16 AM   #19
AbielleRose
Crazy Cat Lady

AbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
So glad everything is back up and running again! *buys round of beer for all*
AbielleRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:21 AM   #20
Neurotic
Militant apathist

Neurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thanks SHawkins!

Whenever AW goes down, I'm always amazed by the amount of time and work people put into getting it up and running again as soon as possible. You're all superhuman, I swear.

Rhinovirus: The leading cause of rhinos.
Neurotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:22 AM   #21
Guardian
Rainbow Laser Princess

Guardian is a candidate for sainthoodGuardian is a candidate for sainthoodGuardian is a candidate for sainthoodGuardian is a candidate for sainthoodGuardian is a candidate for sainthoodGuardian is a candidate for sainthoodGuardian is a candidate for sainthoodGuardian is a candidate for sainthood
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbielleRose View Post
So glad everything is back up and running again! *buys round of beer for all*
Oooh! Ooh! No takesies backsies!
Old 07-13-2011, 04:23 AM   #22
mccardey
I'm writing. Undistractable.

mccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thank you Shawkins!!!
mccardey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:24 AM   #23
Bigglesworth
practical experience, FTW

Bigglesworth is well-respected
Congrats and thanks to all involved in getting back up and running!

I can't believe some people are getting so many rep points in a week for it to be worth bemoaning their loss! I post Fried Gold every day, and get nuthin'! Nuthin', I tells ya! =)
Bigglesworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:28 AM   #24
dolores haze
ageing savage

dolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thanks, Shawkins, and the rest of the team!

*buys a round*
dolores haze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:30 AM   #25
C.H. Valentino
Wording!

C.H. Valentino is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsC.H. Valentino is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsC.H. Valentino is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsC.H. Valentino is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsC.H. Valentino is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsC.H. Valentino is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsC.H. Valentino is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsC.H. Valentino is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsC.H. Valentino is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsC.H. Valentino is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsC.H. Valentino is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thank you, SHawkins.

(Also, thanks Mac for keeping the twitter feed updated, too.)
C.H. Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote