Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 12:28 AM   #24876
Elysium
believe

Location: In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvania other times
Elysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yeah, I don't wear shorts. A lot of people at school seem to wear less and less clothes everyday, even when it's extremely cold outside. I never understood that. *shrugs*

UNFAIR
A Dark Retelling of Snow White
Old 02-05-2012, 12:29 AM   #24877
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
Tally -- I honestly wasn't intending to be rude. Sorry.
Sherlock Holmes' Apprentice - MG Historical Mystery - On hold
Untitled - YA Paranormal Romance - Writing the first draft

Reading:
"Girlfriend in a Coma" - Douglas Coupland

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 02-05-2012, 12:30 AM   #24878
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
the only reason I wear more clothes is either if I'm cold or if I feel fat. I always feel fat, but I still wear short shorts. and I wear a bit less in the way of deep necklines because I have barely any cleavage.

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Old 02-05-2012, 12:36 AM   #24879
Elysium
believe

Elysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I have too much, which is why I try not to wear a lot of revealing clothes, unless the shirt is really cute and I can at least put a camisole underneath it.

UNFAIR
Old 02-05-2012, 12:37 AM   #24880
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
Speaking of cold weather, it has been snowing here for a while.

Finishing my lyrics I started last week.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 02-05-2012, 12:38 AM   #24881
Bookgirl2021
A place where dreams are born

Location: In your head. I'm the little voice you hear all the time. And you thought that was your conscience!
Bookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Our heater isn't working, so it's cold inside and out.

Mirror Effect: 2K/65K On hold

OLS: Editing

My Website/Personal Blog
Old 02-05-2012, 12:40 AM   #24882
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

I've been sleeping in Mum's room for the last two nights, because my room is WAY TOO COLD. D:

The main themes of TMB:
  • Depression
  • Lost love
  • Memories
  • Recovery
This is going to be the saddest book I've ever written, I think.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 02-05-2012, 12:51 AM   #24883
Elysium
believe

I'm looking at graduate schools.

UNFAIR
Old 02-05-2012, 12:53 AM   #24884
Horserider
Ever onward

Horserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
I'm looking at graduate schools.
Just to look or to actually apply soon?

I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right. ~The Book Thief

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:
Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

Old 02-05-2012, 12:55 AM   #24885
MysteryRiter
Murder isn't so bad...

MysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Well, I made some progress in my WIP. It's getting to the end, at least, but I'm scared to think how bad the book really is. Oh well.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:57 AM   #24886
Elysium
believe

HR - Just to look. I know it's really early since I haven't actually started going to college yet, but I want to have an idea of where I want to go after I finish my four years.

Plus, I did some research to see what I kind of law schools I can get in to with my major and it said people with an undergrad degrees in Sociology get accepted into both Cornell and the University of Pennsylvania, which is exciting because I really want to go to an Ivy League school.

It also means that I have to work extra hard when I go to college. hehe

UNFAIR
Old 02-05-2012, 01:07 AM   #24887
Thalia

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
I have hips and no boobs

but yeah. Hmm. MAAH needs expanding, then.

Anyone want to beta for that?

Old 02-05-2012, 01:08 AM   #24888
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

*puts hand up* XD

Glee version of Baby, It's Cold playing. It is snowing outside. XD

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 02-05-2012, 01:09 AM   #24889
Elysium
believe

Ugh. I hate snow.

Tally - I can beta for you.

UNFAIR
Old 02-05-2012, 01:12 AM   #24890
Thalia

I LOVE YOU GUYS.

I'm at a bit of a loss of where I should start with expanding, so could you rep me your email? (lisa, I already have yours) Again, thanks so much.

Old 02-05-2012, 01:17 AM   #24891
Elysium
believe

No problem, Tally. And I repped you my email.

UNFAIR
Old 02-05-2012, 01:19 AM   #24892
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia View Post
I wish I knew what expansiveness of a project meant. Or interiority. (goes to dictionary)
Okay. A character's interiority is the internal stuff - their thoughts, their feelings, their mindset. I wonder if she thinks the viewpoint isn't close enough, like the reader is still being kept at a distance from Corwin. (If Corwin isn't the viewpoint character, she might mean that she can't understand Corwin well enough based on his actions, dialogue, etc, and we need to get a better sense of Corwin as a person.)

Her comments about the expansiveness (and the landscape) sounds like the main characters are compelling, but the rest of the story might not be quite there yet. I would look at the secondary cast and/or the world-building.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:21 AM   #24893
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm feeling fairly fragile at the moment, so everybody please be gentle.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:25 AM   #24894
MargoWest
the chart is not the sea

MargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputation
*swaddles para in bubble wrap and then gently hugs*

My little brother is kinda awesome. He came to Starbucks with me to write and asked to read my WIP. I sent it to him, and he's actually been reading it for the last 45 mins. He's eleven.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:27 AM   #24895
Thalia

Thanks Para!

Old 02-05-2012, 01:29 AM   #24896
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Glee > JB.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 02-05-2012, 01:31 AM   #24897
Elysium
believe

Lisa - If by JB you mean Justin Bieber, then you are spot on. ANYTHING is better than him.

UNFAIR
Old 02-05-2012, 01:38 AM   #24898
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Taylor_Writes has a spectacular auraTaylor_Writes has a spectacular aura
Quote:
Lisa - If by JB you mean Justin Bieber, then you are spot on. ANYTHING is better than him.
OMG I LOVE YOU.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:38 AM   #24899
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Quote:
This. So much.

Having Glee come on my iTunes tonight so much (yay, shuffle!) has made me want to write a little.. i.e. until my head hurts again.

I don't know whether to go in the deep end or take it slow...

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 02-05-2012, 01:40 AM   #24900
Thalia

I like Justin Bieber. I wouldn't go to a concert of his, but I don't mind him at all.

Closed Thread