Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 05:21 AM   #24476
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
it horrified me too... i didnt get my permit until i was 18 because of the fear factor... thing is after your first month of real diving... you really get used to it and it becomes second nature. Dont worry you will be fine!

To cheer you up...
WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
Old 01-31-2012, 05:21 AM   #24477
Missus Akasha
I'm a monster. I'm a saint.

Missus Akasha has a spectacular auraMissus Akasha has a spectacular aura
DEAR JESUS, ALLY! O.O That is one huge kitty!

Congrats, Zoey, on your permit! That must have been really exciting. It's pretty normal to be scared about driving. I sure as heck was and I still am now because I drive safely and everyone else around me is driving like lunatics.

WIPs:
We Must Be Killers: Batman and Kick Ass meets Dexter meets Count of Monte Cristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Gide
The most beautiful things are those that madness prompts and reason writes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Dennis
I always start writing with a clean piece of paper and a dirty mind.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:24 AM   #24478
Bookgirl2021
A place where dreams are born

Location: In your head. I'm the little voice you hear all the time. And you thought that was your conscience!
Bookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Note to self: do not buy ground turkey anymore. After having hamburger again, it's just nasty.

*cough*

Ahem.....

Hi guys!

Mirror Effect: 2K/65K On hold

OLS: Editing

My Website/Personal Blog
Old 01-31-2012, 05:29 AM   #24479
Zoealea
Mmmm, caffeine.

Zoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolness
YAY KITTY!

Part of me really want to drive so I can get to places on my own and such. But then the other part of me is like "ahhhhhhhhhhh"

Detachable (NaNo novel)-
1.6k/50k

Old 01-31-2012, 05:31 AM   #24480
Bookgirl2021
A place where dreams are born

Location: In your head. I'm the little voice you hear all the time. And you thought that was your conscience!
Bookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I didn't get my license until my senior year. It wasn't because I was worried about driving (well, not really), but more because I just wasn't worried about it. I basically only ever went to school and church, and my mom worked at the school across the street, so I didn't see the need. When I finally did get it, it was because my mom said *she* needed me to have it.

Mirror Effect: 2K/65K On hold

OLS: Editing

My Website/Personal Blog
Old 01-31-2012, 05:36 AM   #24481
Zoealea
Mmmm, caffeine.

Zoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolness
My parents had to force my brother to get his. I've always been really enthusiastic about getting mine, I think to the point where I started to (in my mind) get a little cocky about it. So when I actually sat down and started to drive, it was kind of shocking how many things you have to do at once, and all the things you have to keep track of when driving. It also has gotten real so fast, you know?
I've always been the person who couldn't wait to grow up and move out. Except now that that's happening in a couple years, it's all going by really fast.

Detachable (NaNo novel)-
1.6k/50k

Old 01-31-2012, 05:38 AM   #24482
amlptj

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hey BG! How are you?

Dont worry Zoe, my first time driving. I was terrified. No one in my family drove... not since my grandfather but he passed away when i was 8. Since then i'd rarely been in cars and had to rely on public transportation for everything. I didnt know what any the the buttons did... didnt know which peddle was the gas, or that the steering wheel moves back after you make a turn...

My first lesson the guy told me on the phone (had to pay for an instructor) that we would just practice turns in a secluded area. And for the first hour of the lesson that's what i did... and i was happy and content with that... then he tells me to pull out of the parking lot... I slammed on the breaks and was like "What?! Are you serious... with real people on the road?" He laughed and made me do it. I was TERRIFIED! But after the first three blocks... i realized it wasn't hard.

I only had four lessons that were two hours each and I passed the driving test the first time.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 01-31-2012, 05:42 AM   #24483
Elysium
believe

Location: In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvania other times
Elysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I don't really like cars so I don't think I'll ever drive. I'd rather take the bus but congrats on getting your permit Zoe!

UNFAIR
A Dark Retelling of Snow White
Old 01-31-2012, 05:42 AM   #24484
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
Here, you can't drive or get your learner's or anything 'till you're 17. In Canada, depends on the province.

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Old 01-31-2012, 05:43 AM   #24485
Zoealea
Mmmm, caffeine.

The lessons here are one hour each and there is only three of them. You also skip driving in a secluded area. They pick me up at my house and I go straight to driving with people on the road. Deep down I know it will be fine, and even if it isn't the people still have a break to prevent me from hitting something. But there's still that little, anxiety driven part of my brain that is freaking the eff out. *sigh*

ETA- I need to stop moping. SO. How are you all doing today?

Detachable (NaNo novel)-
1.6k/50k

Old 01-31-2012, 05:49 AM   #24486
amlptj

It will get easier with time! Good luck though!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 01-31-2012, 06:01 AM   #24487
amlptj

so wanna hear something weird? today driving home i got a SNI... for a YA romance... what the hell!!! Thats so not a genre i can write...

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 01-31-2012, 06:02 AM   #24488
Missus Akasha

Is it contemporary romance or paranormal, Ally?

WIPs:
We Must Be Killers: Batman and Kick Ass meets Dexter meets Count of Monte Cristo

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-31-2012, 06:04 AM   #24489
amlptj

Contemp. romance shockingly. No fantasy, thriller or horrish aspects involved... which... if you really knew all my ideas and books... is NOT LIKE ME at all...

It would be a touching gooshey sad book...

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 01-31-2012, 06:07 AM   #24490
Elysium
believe

Elysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I love YA Contemporary Romances of the sad and gushy variety!

That's what my unfinished wip is about, sad and gushy romance.

UNFAIR
Old 01-31-2012, 06:20 AM   #24491
Missus Akasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlptj View Post
Contemp. romance shockingly. No fantasy, thriller or horrish aspects involved... which... if you really knew all my ideas and books... is NOT LIKE ME at all...

It would be a touching gooshey sad book...
I say give the story idea a try. You might actually like writing the genre.

WIPs:

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-31-2012, 06:25 AM   #24492
Thalia

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
Changed the 'Off With Her Head' cover.

Old 01-31-2012, 06:27 AM   #24493
amlptj

i just wrote a little summary... to but in my "Other Ideas" folder.

Quote:
Emma Dilinger know life was always unfair. At 16 she was already the class dork who was brutally picked on her whole life, and now her only and best friend of 13 years Westly will have to move three states away at the end of the year. But Em never realized that life could be cruel and unusually unfair until she was diagnosed Ewing's Sarcoma a rare and aggressive type of bone cancer. Doctors tell her she will only have a year to live if she is lucky.

Her life thrown upside down, she tries to continue on as normal and keep hope. But faced with her own mortality, having never really lived in life she begins to breakdown... that is until Wes, comes up with a plan. Something to give them both meaning... something to change there lives. Take down the bullies that have ruined there lives. Humiliate them and torment them before Em dies and Wes moves away forever. Take back the school for themselves and all the other poor crushed souls.
During the book as Emma and Wes transform into badasses. Emma begins to contemplate that she will die a virgin, so Westly offers to help with that. But what turns in to casual sex, starts to have more strings attached.

Sadly although there plan turns out in there favor... Emma dies at the end of the book.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 01-31-2012, 06:30 AM   #24494
Elysium
believe

Oooh I love it, Tally! I love how colorful both covers are.

Ally - That sounds like a great story. You should definitely give it a shot and write it. You never know where it might go.

UNFAIR
Old 01-31-2012, 06:34 AM   #24495
KarlaErikaCal
YA romance writer in love with love

KarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I really like the idea, Ally!
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

Old 01-31-2012, 06:37 AM   #24496
MysteryRiter
Murder isn't so bad...

MysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Tally, that cover is awesome!
I really want to write SOMETHING today so I'm word warring, probably with myself, from :15 - :50. If anyone wants to join, you're welcome to!
Old 01-31-2012, 06:42 AM   #24497
Thalia

Thanks, MR!

Old 01-31-2012, 06:48 AM   #24498
free_cashews_on_me
Insanium in the cranium

Location: Between a rock and a hard place. Sort of cozy here.
free_cashews_on_me is a glorious beacon of lightfree_cashews_on_me is a glorious beacon of lightfree_cashews_on_me is a glorious beacon of light
Oh my Goodness. My twifties. It's been too long. I have missed you all so much.

"I have never danced without unwittingly causing a political uprising."

-Belle Goose, Nightlight
Old 01-31-2012, 06:57 AM   #24499
Elysium
believe

CASH! *pounces*

UNFAIR
Old 01-31-2012, 07:00 AM   #24500
free_cashews_on_me
Insanium in the cranium

Location: Between a rock and a hard place. Sort of cozy here.
free_cashews_on_me is a glorious beacon of lightfree_cashews_on_me is a glorious beacon of lightfree_cashews_on_me is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
CASH! *pounces*
WHATS UP?!

"I have never danced without unwittingly causing a political uprising."

-Belle Goose, Nightlight
Closed Thread