Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 04:01 AM   #24001
Robert L.B.
Tao of Wonka

Robert L.B. is a shiny, shiny jewelRobert L.B. is a shiny, shiny jewel
Smashing.

Genesis Machine - 11,190/60000 "Long ago a god sealed away a great evil in an enduring hidden temple to save existence. Only, that's not entirely accurate..."

Golden Wings - On Hold
Old 01-29-2012, 04:07 AM   #24002
Elysium
believe

Location: In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvania other times
Elysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Haha.

UNFAIR
A Dark Retelling of Snow White
Old 01-29-2012, 04:10 AM   #24003
Missus Akasha
I'm a monster. I'm a saint.

Missus Akasha has a spectacular auraMissus Akasha has a spectacular aura
Let's spread the happiness.

WIPs:
We Must Be Killers: Batman and Kick Ass meets Dexter meets Count of Monte Cristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Gide
The most beautiful things are those that madness prompts and reason writes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Dennis
I always start writing with a clean piece of paper and a dirty mind.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:13 AM   #24004
Zoombie
Vengeful Crystaline Hawk 45C
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Madican...did you see that gif on the same Tumbler I saw it on!?

DOES THAT MEAN YOU ALSO WATCH FRIENDSHIP IS WITCHCRAFT?!

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (43k/80k)

Invasion 2071 (With Editors)

Read my blog: Quantum Spin Plates

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 01-29-2012, 04:17 AM   #24005
Elysium
believe

Elysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missus Akasha View Post
Let's spread the happiness.
I love this one.

UNFAIR
Old 01-29-2012, 04:20 AM   #24006
Zoombie
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (43k/80k)

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 01-29-2012, 04:25 AM   #24007
Robert L.B.
Tao of Wonka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoombie View Post
Madican...did you see that gif on the same Tumbler I saw it on!?

DOES THAT MEAN YOU ALSO WATCH FRIENDSHIP IS WITCHCRAFT?!
I don't follow anything on Tumblr. People post some of these things on the Awkward Zombie forum where I hang out and I scoop up the best ones.

And I don't watch MLP either.

Genesis Machine - 11,190/60000 "Long ago a god sealed away a great evil in an enduring hidden temple to save existence. Only, that's not entirely accurate..."

Golden Wings - On Hold
Old 01-29-2012, 04:30 AM   #24008
Zoombie
AW Moderator

Well, watch this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIfHK...lcp&playnext=1

It's Friendship is Witchcraft. It's amazing. It's a parody redub of Friendship is Magic. And it's amazing. Hilariously amazing.

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 01-29-2012, 04:35 AM   #24009
Robert L.B.
Tao of Wonka

What am I watching. The cutesy ponies cause my Alt-W fingers to spasm and yet the dialogue stays my hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zHZj...eature=related That's the only other pony-related video that I enjoyed.

Golden Wings - On Hold
Old 01-29-2012, 04:36 AM   #24010
Zoombie
AW Moderator

FIW is a parody of FIM with redubs and such. It's funny as hell.

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 01-29-2012, 05:01 AM   #24011
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
yeah, but... it's still a gif. even if it isn't a .GIF file.

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Old 01-29-2012, 05:18 AM   #24012
Robert L.B.
Tao of Wonka

One last bit of Nigel Thornberry goodness before I head out to some sort of party.

Golden Wings - On Hold
Old 01-29-2012, 05:29 AM   #24013
Missus Akasha

Nigel Thornberry = My childhood

WIPs:
We Must Be Killers: Batman and Kick Ass meets Dexter meets Count of Monte Cristo

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-29-2012, 05:30 AM   #24014
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
wow i'm gone for two days and the thread jumps like 9 pages. I always miss the excitement!

Hows everyone doing? Have i missed anything?
WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
Old 01-29-2012, 05:34 AM   #24015
Missus Akasha

Hi, Ally!

WIPs:

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-29-2012, 05:35 AM   #24016
amlptj

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hey Missus, how are you? Love the new cover!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 01-29-2012, 05:37 AM   #24017
Missus Akasha

Thanks! Just tossed it together after getting a new story idea (as usual lol). How are your classes going for you?

WIPs:

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-29-2012, 05:39 AM   #24018
amlptj

They are a pain in the ass... i have 6 this semester, in an attempt to make this my last one ever. But I've dealt with worst semesters... at least i think, so i cant really complain.

How about you? I cant remember are you still in HS or in college?

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 01-29-2012, 05:41 AM   #24019
Missus Akasha

Wow, 6? The highest I've had was five and that semester was crazy because it was my first college semester. I am in college. One more semester until I am a junior! I actually just submitted my application for the bachelor program at my college this week. So I am excited.

WIPs:

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-29-2012, 05:48 AM   #24020
amlptj

Yay! yes very exciting stuff. What are you going for? I'm a Chem major

Yeah every semester since freshman year, i've had 3 science classes with three labs and then finally an elective for my general requirements. So if we add in the labs i'm used to having like 7 classes a semester. This is my "easy" semester.

Oddly enough I'm in sort of a mental dilemma right now. Two nights ago i got an email from NASA asking me to fill out an internship application for the summer, because they are trying to up there numbers for workers with disabilities.

Problems.... they sent me the email rather late because the application (including letters of recommendation) are due Tues. Next issue, i looked up online to see the nearest NASA sight. Its in Maryland, which is like a three hour drive from my house. That's so not going to work out well.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 01-29-2012, 05:49 AM   #24021
Elysium
believe

MA - I loved the cover. I wish I could make covers as pretty/amazing as yours.

Hey Ally!

I was outlining but I got sidetracked hehe

UNFAIR
Old 01-29-2012, 05:50 AM   #24022
amlptj

Hey Ely! How are you?

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 01-29-2012, 05:53 AM   #24023
Elysium
believe

I'm good. I was productive today for the first time in a really long time. How are you?

UNFAIR
Old 01-29-2012, 05:53 AM   #24024
Missus Akasha

I am an early childhood education major, but wow! 3 hours? When I do my field experiences for my classes, the farthest that I have driven is 25-35 depending on the traffic. The place I am at now for my hours is about eight minutes from my house. But 3 hours? You must feel really conflicted unless you already know what you want to do.

Hehe, thanks, Ely. The gradient tool on Photoshop is my friend, lol. Outlining for Whispers in the Dark?

WIPs:

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-29-2012, 05:57 AM   #24025
Elysium
believe

MA - Yep.

I keep searching for the perfect pic for WitD's cover, but I can't seem to find a good one. I haven't checked PhotoBucket though.

UNFAIR
Closed Thread