Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 11:46 PM   #23926
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
I love milk.
Untitled - MG Fantasy - Resting
Sherlock Holmes' Apprentice - MG Historical Mystery - Writing the first draft

Reading:
"Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" - JK Rowling

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 01-28-2012, 11:49 PM   #23927
Elysium
believe

Location: In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvania other times
Elysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by MargoWest View Post
I like drinks to be so hot that they burn a hole through the roof of my mouth.
O.o

Lisa - I love milk too, but it makes me sick, so I can't drink it.

UNFAIR
A Dark Retelling of Snow White
Old 01-28-2012, 11:50 PM   #23928
Robert L.B.
Tao of Wonka

Robert L.B. is a shiny, shiny jewelRobert L.B. is a shiny, shiny jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
Madican - I've never heard of Snowflake, unless you're talking about the Snowflake Method. If so, then no. They're just software that make it easier to organize your notes for your wips and things like that.
http://www.advancedfictionwriting.co...snowflake_pro/

I should probably use it more often after paying fifty bucks because I was a dumbass a few years ago. It is a good bit of software though.

Genesis Machine - 11,190/60000 "Long ago a god sealed away a great evil in an enduring hidden temple to save existence. Only, that's not entirely accurate..."

Golden Wings - On Hold
Old 01-28-2012, 11:50 PM   #23929
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
ELY: D:

I think I might get a notebook for TMB and try scribbling. Hopefully it will make sense.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 01-28-2012, 11:59 PM   #23930
Elysium
believe

Elysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I've tried writing in notebooks but I can't stand my handwriting, so I just type all of my notes up in Word.

UNFAIR
Old 01-29-2012, 12:00 AM   #23931
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

There's something fun about sitting in uni with a notebook though.

I'm going to start a new project on holiday with a notebook.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 01-29-2012, 12:08 AM   #23932
Missus Akasha
I'm a monster. I'm a saint.

Missus Akasha has a spectacular auraMissus Akasha has a spectacular aura
Ely, I just read your snippet. I think this gif sums up my reaction to it:

I wants more.

WIPs:
We Must Be Killers: Batman and Kick Ass meets Dexter meets Count of Monte Cristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Gide
The most beautiful things are those that madness prompts and reason writes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Dennis
I always start writing with a clean piece of paper and a dirty mind.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:09 AM   #23933
Bookgirl2021
A place where dreams are born

Location: In your head. I'm the little voice you hear all the time. And you thought that was your conscience!
Bookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Basically the only time I'm writing by hand is if we're not allowed to have our laptops in class, I'm writing in my journal, or I'm writing letters. It's just so much faster to type than it is to write.

Mirror Effect: 2K/65K On hold

OLS: Editing

My Website/Personal Blog
Old 01-29-2012, 12:09 AM   #23934
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

I'm a slow typer.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 01-29-2012, 12:12 AM   #23935
Elysium
believe

I'm a slow writer, but a really fast typer. I can even type readable sentences with my eyes closed, which is weird, but it freaks some people out.

MA - I'm glad you liked it. That gif is...there are no words. lol

UNFAIR
Old 01-29-2012, 12:15 AM   #23936
KarlaErikaCal
YA romance writer in love with love

KarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hey guys!

I have Liquid Story Binder as a writing program. I love it, but I don't use it anymore. I like to send documents to my phone, and it's too much work converting the chapters into one MS Word file. So I just stick to MS Word. I might start it again though because I haven't really used my phone lately. LSB was really helpful at times to make timelines and whatnot.

I hate my handwriting but I love writing in notebooks anyway. I also love the pens I've bought. Pilot Precise V5 in assorted colors. SO SMOOTH.

ETA: Damn. Didn't refresh. If I'm typing something I wrote by hand or retyping something from a textbook into notes, I can stare at the notebook/textbook and not at the computer screen and type stuff up with hardly making a mistake. Also, if I do make a mistake, sometimes I know I did and fix it without looking too lol.
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

Old 01-29-2012, 12:15 AM   #23937
Missus Akasha

The next person to finish their story, gets a shipment of awesome chocolate chip cookies!

Ely: It's my favorite gif, LOL. It go be applied to so many situations.

WIPs:
We Must Be Killers: Batman and Kick Ass meets Dexter meets Count of Monte Cristo

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-29-2012, 12:15 AM   #23938
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

I'm going to download a Beatles album. There's so many I can't buy them all at once. XD

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 01-29-2012, 12:20 AM   #23939
MargoWest
the chart is not the sea

MargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputation
Usually I write pretty cleanly (I write slow but edit in my head, as I write, etc), but if I can't get something to sound good, one of the best ways to fix it is to write it down on paper and then type it up on the computer. When I type it up I automatically start to fix it.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:23 AM   #23940
KarlaErikaCal
YA romance writer in love with love

KarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Margo, that's part of the reason I decided to write a different WIP by hand last month. When I type stuff up from what I've written by hand, I fix it. I figured that'd be like my second draft. But then my hand started to get cramped, so I stopped lol
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

Old 01-29-2012, 12:25 AM   #23941
Missus Akasha

My favorite song from Across the Universe is Happiness is a Warm Gun. The second one is While My Guitar Gently Weeps and my third is Let It Be (I cried like a little bitch).

WIPs:

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-29-2012, 12:26 AM   #23942
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlaErikaCal View Post
Margo, that's part of the reason I decided to write a different WIP by hand last month. When I type stuff up from what I've written by hand, I fix it. I figured that'd be like my second draft. But then my hand started to get cramped, so I stopped lol
I think it would be the same for me.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 01-29-2012, 12:26 AM   #23943
Elysium
believe

Let it Be and Revolution are two of my favorite Beatles songs. I loved the idea of using songs as dialogue in a movie. They should do another movie like that but with another great band/musician such as the Beatles.

UNFAIR
Old 01-29-2012, 12:27 AM   #23944
MargoWest
the chart is not the sea

MargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputation
Yeah that is an issue. I think a lot faster than I type, so when I'm actually writing it by hand, I'm a mess. Sometimes I write the last part of a sentence first, or totally skip whole paragraphs.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:27 AM   #23945
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Have you never seen Tommy?

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 01-29-2012, 12:28 AM   #23946
Elysium
believe

Lisa - No. What's it about?

UNFAIR
Old 01-29-2012, 12:40 AM   #23947
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

It's a musical written by The Who about this deaf, dumb and blind kid. It's kinda weird, hahaha.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 01-29-2012, 12:45 AM   #23948
Bookgirl2021
A place where dreams are born

Location: In your head. I'm the little voice you hear all the time. And you thought that was your conscience!
Bookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
With my first project I ever finished, my computer crashed and my flash drive went through the washing machine almost the same day, so I just had a hard copy of what I'd written before. So I went through and retyped everything. I also made a *ton* of changes to it as I did that. So for me a lot of the time I'll finish something, leave it for a little while, and then print a copy and start retyping.

Mirror Effect: 2K/65K On hold

OLS: Editing

My Website/Personal Blog
Old 01-29-2012, 12:50 AM   #23949
Elysium
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missus Akasha View Post
The next person to finish their story, gets a shipment of awesome chocolate chip cookies!

Ely: It's my favorite gif, LOL. It go be applied to so many situations.
COOKIES! *rushes to finish wip*

UNFAIR
Old 01-29-2012, 01:22 AM   #23950
Horserider
Ever onward

Horserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
I'm a slow writer, but a really fast typer. I can even type readable sentences with my eyes closed, which is weird, but it freaks some people out.
Hehe. I'm the same way. There was one time last summer when I was typing at the desktop and my mom was standing in the kitchen talking to me. Instead of stopping typing to answer her, I just talked while I typed. She thought it was really weird.

I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right. ~The Book Thief

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:
Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

Closed Thread