Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 02:17 AM   #23801
KarlaErikaCal
YA romance writer in love with love

KarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
LOL sorry, MA. I will say that it involves writing fiction and artwork. Which are part of my FMC's and MMC's external conflict respectively. So it's their life dreams that help out with their dream guy/girl.
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

Old 01-27-2012, 02:23 AM   #23802
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
I feel like downloading a load of Beatles stuff (I don't have that much on iTunes yet ) and dropping references to them every so often in this thing...

I'm only going to write it when I'm stuck/super bored.

ETA: Going to bed.
Sherlock Holmes' Apprentice - MG Historical Mystery - On hold
Untitled - YA Paranormal Romance - Writing the first draft

Reading:
"Girlfriend in a Coma" - Douglas Coupland

Twitter
Tumblr

Last edited by lisalulu09; 01-27-2012 at 02:58 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:21 AM   #23803
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
So i just had the best class ever. The girl sitting next to me also write books, is a member of AW and we talked the whole class pretty much about trying to get published and books and stuff!
WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
Old 01-27-2012, 03:37 AM   #23804
Zoombie
Vengeful Crystaline Hawk 45C
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...96#post6951196

This is all

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (43k/80k)

Invasion 2071 (With Editors)

Read my blog: Quantum Spin Plates

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 01-27-2012, 03:38 AM   #23805
amlptj

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
OMG!!!!! CONGRATULATION!!!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 01-27-2012, 03:39 AM   #23806
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Taylor_Writes has a spectacular auraTaylor_Writes has a spectacular aura
Go Zoom! Congrats!
Old 01-27-2012, 03:45 AM   #23807
Horserider
Ever onward

Horserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
CONGRATULATIONS! Rep please??? Or is it under wraps?

I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right. ~The Book Thief

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:
Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

Old 01-27-2012, 03:47 AM   #23808
Zoombie
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Well, there's some weirdiness in that there is an agent who may or may not be interested, as they did a resub request and haven't gotten to re-reading the resub, and the publisher needs to send a CONTRACT, so...all there is is that amazing good news.

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (43k/80k)

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 01-27-2012, 04:22 AM   #23809
Elysium
believe

Location: In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvania other times
Elysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congratulations Zoom!

UNFAIR
A Dark Retelling of Snow White
Old 01-27-2012, 04:22 AM   #23810
Zoombie
AW Moderator

Guess whose reading a contract RIGHT NOW!

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 01-27-2012, 05:40 AM   #23811
Bookgirl2021
A place where dreams are born

Location: In your head. I'm the little voice you hear all the time. And you thought that was your conscience!
Bookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
That is so awesome, Zoom!

Mirror Effect: 2K/65K On hold

OLS: Editing

My Website/Personal Blog
Old 01-27-2012, 05:58 AM   #23812
MysteryRiter
Murder isn't so bad...

MysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Go Zoom! I'm hardly refraining from asking you who the publisher is because I saw in the thread you said you couldn't tell.
Do you have an agent or did you get published solo?
That's really, really great! And SOO well deserved! :congrats:
Old 01-27-2012, 05:58 AM   #23813
KarlaErikaCal
YA romance writer in love with love

KarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
YAYAYAY CONGRATS ZOOM!!
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

Old 01-27-2012, 06:10 AM   #23814
Missus Akasha
I'm a monster. I'm a saint.

Missus Akasha has a spectacular auraMissus Akasha has a spectacular aura
Congrats, Zoom! I am so happy for you.

WIPs:
We Must Be Killers: Batman and Kick Ass meets Dexter meets Count of Monte Cristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Gide
The most beautiful things are those that madness prompts and reason writes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Dennis
I always start writing with a clean piece of paper and a dirty mind.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:15 AM   #23815
Zoombie
AW Moderator

Thanks everyone <3

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 01-27-2012, 07:26 AM   #23816
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
WOAHLY MOALY ZOOM THAT'S AWESOMESAUCETASTIC!

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Old 01-27-2012, 07:29 AM   #23817
Bookgirl2021

Location: In your head. I'm the little voice you hear all the time. And you thought that was your conscience!
Bookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Tally, who's the guy in your avatar? I know who the girl is, and that's why I'm confused.

My Website/Personal Blog
Old 01-27-2012, 07:47 AM   #23818
Springs
practical experience, FTW

Location: Pennsylvania and Virginia (depends on the time of year)
Springs is on a distinguished road
Popping in on this thread for the first time, and just in time to see the awesome news! I'm so happy for you, Zoom!

Anyway, hi, everyone!

Currently reading:
City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
Old 01-27-2012, 07:57 AM   #23819
Bookgirl2021

We have some questions we ask everyone:
1. What should we call you?
2. How old are you?
3. What do you write (like, sci-fi, fantasy, paranormal, etc)?

I'm Bookgirl/BG, just turned 22 (so not *technically* a teen anymore, but that's okay), and typically write fantasy, with a bit of historical and contemp thrown in to give it some variety.

My Website/Personal Blog
Old 01-27-2012, 08:05 AM   #23820
Springs
practical experience, FTW

Location: Pennsylvania and Virginia (depends on the time of year)
Springs is on a distinguished road
You can call me Springs and I'm 18. As far as what I write, the ideas I get range from more realistic fiction to fantasy and sci-fi. I'm not sure how exactly you would describe my only 'finished' manuscript; it's definitely speculative, as it has aspects of the afterlife and reincarnation in it, but it takes place on a current day earth. I suppose it's paranormal?

Currently reading:
City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
Old 01-27-2012, 08:17 AM   #23821
Missus Akasha
I'm a monster. I'm a saint.

Missus Akasha has a spectacular auraMissus Akasha has a spectacular aura
Hi, Springs! I love the concepts of the afterlife and reincarnation, so your story sounds pretty awesome.

On a sidenote, I just finished watching Water for Elephants and I wanna cry like a little bitch because it was so good.

WIPs:
We Must Be Killers: Batman and Kick Ass meets Dexter meets Count of Monte Cristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Gide
The most beautiful things are those that madness prompts and reason writes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Dennis
I always start writing with a clean piece of paper and a dirty mind.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:35 AM   #23822
Elysium
believe

Elysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I want to see Water for Elephants mainly because I kind of like seeing Robert Pattinson playing any other character than Edward. I think he's a good actor (Remember Me made me cry for hours) and that Edward is just...hmm.

But welcome to AW, Springs! I'm Ely.

UNFAIR
Old 01-27-2012, 08:56 AM   #23823
Elysium
believe

Trying to figure out how I want to start my wip. I already know what's going to happen but... :P

UNFAIR
Old 01-27-2012, 09:02 AM   #23824
Robert L.B.
Tao of Wonka

Robert L.B. is a shiny, shiny jewelRobert L.B. is a shiny, shiny jewel
Drop a bomb. Always works for me. Sometimes it's even literal.

Genesis Machine - 11,190/60000 "Long ago a god sealed away a great evil in an enduring hidden temple to save existence. Only, that's not entirely accurate..."

Golden Wings - On Hold
Old 01-27-2012, 10:26 AM   #23825
amlptj

anyone want to give me there quick opinion on a short excerpt... like which version is better? only 200 words each.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Closed Thread