Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 08:31 PM   #23301
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkspatters View Post
Dude, I literally had no idea what I was doing with referencing even at the very end of my first year...I was always like, "OMG DEPARTMENT GIVE ME GUIDELINES!"

I'm going to have to get better at referencing this year, since I'm switching over into law school and I've heard they're a bit tougher about these things.
I made it through my law degree without ever learning to reference.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:33 PM   #23302
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
Yay, Para!
Sherlock Holmes' Apprentice - MG Historical Mystery - On hold
Untitled - YA Paranormal Romance - Writing the first draft

Reading:
"Girlfriend in a Coma" - Douglas Coupland

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 01-21-2012, 08:48 PM   #23303
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Taylor_Writes has a spectacular auraTaylor_Writes has a spectacular aura
Lazy day = writing day. Hoping to at least get something done :P
Old 01-21-2012, 08:50 PM   #23304
Zoombie
Vengeful Crystaline Hawk 45C
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I've cleaned the kitchen, taken out the trash, eaten breakfast, done my homework....

All before 9 in the morning.

*puts on a top hat*

Who wants to write?

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (43k/80k)

Invasion 2071 (With Editors)

Read my blog: Quantum Spin Plates

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 01-21-2012, 09:05 PM   #23305
MargoWest
the chart is not the sea

MargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputation
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeee

After I finish watching the last twenty minutes of S2E3 of Sherlock. I knew it would be brilliant, and I was not disappointed.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:05 PM   #23306
Zoombie
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Lets write!

We shall post what we have written in one hour!

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (43k/80k)

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 01-21-2012, 09:13 PM   #23307
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
I want to write. An epic session to hit 20K is what I really want to do...

BUT I HAVE A STUPID 3K ESSAY TO DO. D:

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 01-21-2012, 09:17 PM   #23308
Zoombie
AW Moderator

An essay is writing.

Articulating and explaining a point about something clearly is overwhelmingly useful in prose.

Especially in fight scenes!

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 01-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #23309
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

It's boring.

I WANT TO WRITE THE EPICNESS THAT IS THE AWKWARD KISS SCENE.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 01-21-2012, 09:20 PM   #23310
Zoombie
AW Moderator

Sometimes, life is boring.

Like when you're stuck on a cruise and your only entertainment options are to drink yourself into a stupor or throw yourself overboard!

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 01-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #23311
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Hopefully, I'll finish it tomorrow or Monday... But we shall see.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 01-21-2012, 09:24 PM   #23312
Zoombie
AW Moderator

You can do it!

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 01-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #23313
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Thanks, Zoom!

I'm just worried that when I get to it, I won't know where I am or what I'm doing. I'm like that with my other unfinished WIPs.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 01-21-2012, 09:28 PM   #23314
Zoombie
AW Moderator

Well, when I have to take a break on a WIP, I just re-read what I've already written. That's usually enough to jog the mind.

Also, 667 words!

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 01-21-2012, 09:29 PM   #23315
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

What if you hated bits when you re-read it?

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 01-21-2012, 09:33 PM   #23316
Zoombie
AW Moderator

Then you re-write them to better suit your vision!

Also, I'm endlessly amused by this: I'm writing The Tale of Kes the Twistcatcher. It's 40,000 years into the future, and she's on a SPACESHIP traveling through a massive interstellar empire that spans a billion worlds and ten thousand years of recorded, uninterrupted history.

...and what is the most common form of death on said spaceship?

SCURVY AND DYSENTERY!

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 01-21-2012, 09:42 PM   #23317
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

LOL. I love it when you have something set in the future combined with something "historical".

Dinner soon.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 01-21-2012, 09:47 PM   #23318
MargoWest
the chart is not the sea

MargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputation
Where are we posting, Zoom?
Old 01-21-2012, 09:54 PM   #23319
Zoombie
AW Moderator

Well, I posted right now!

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 01-21-2012, 09:56 PM   #23320
MargoWest
the chart is not the sea

No no, where?
Old 01-21-2012, 10:05 PM   #23321
Zoombie
AW Moderator

Where! Uh, young adult, the thread at the top!

YA Write Now!

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 01-21-2012, 10:20 PM   #23322
MargoWest
the chart is not the sea

Posted and commented.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:21 PM   #23323
Zoombie
AW Moderator

Yay!

Now, I'm insane. I'm writing a Warhammer 40,000 story. This is a universe of warfare, darkness and bleakness.

...and I've put in a love triangle.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!?

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 01-21-2012, 10:26 PM   #23324
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Time to attempt to continue the essay.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 01-21-2012, 10:34 PM   #23325
MargoWest
the chart is not the sea

Because love triangles are fun! That is, if there's some purpose other than to belabor the obvious.