Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 09:08 AM   #22751
Bookgirl2021
A place where dreams are born

Location: In your head. I'm the little voice you hear all the time. And you thought that was your conscience!
Bookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm a weirdy. I loved high school. I love college. Heck, I even loved middle school/junior high. ...Especially in retrospect. ...But seriously. I really have enjoyed the majority of my educational career. The social aspect of high school was awesome, and in college it just goes to a whole new level. Sometimes it sucks, but that's okay. It's all learning experiences, if you let it be. Besides which, I know I wouldn't recognize all the fantastic times I've had if I hadn't had those miserable ones.

Mirror Effect: 2K/65K On hold

OLS: Editing

My Website/Personal Blog
Old 01-11-2012, 09:12 AM   #22752
chocowrites
scaredy cat

chocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
is the word count thing broken

or have I really written that little?

I keep expecting my WC to go up by like 1,000 words whenever I write a passage. More like by a 100, ha.

/slow writer woes
Old 01-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #22753
Zoealea
Mmmm, caffeine.

Zoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolness
Homework is the most horrible thing ever. 0_0 My work is due tomorrow and I still have so much to do. Gah stress.

Sorry the only time I come in here is to mini-rant about school and being busy.

Detachable (NaNo novel)-
1.6k/50k

Old 01-11-2012, 12:52 PM   #22754
inkspatters
The coordinates keep changing...

inkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I had 14 hours a week of Uni, which seems like very little, but somehow all my free time seems to go on things other than writing (I did work 30 hours a week on top of school for quite a while, so that may perhaps explain it...). I'm likely switching to a degree in communications with a focus on creative writing next year (discovered that generalised degrees are not for me) and I am hoping that it'll kick my butt into gear a bit more with ze writing. Plus it's only 9 hours a week. Woo.

Choco, I have the same problem -- my brain doesn't want to switch from whatever I'm studying (or just attending classes, since I'm not big on actually studying) to the creative things so I need huge amounts of down time/time away from studying before I can write or even read.

And I tweet, too!

~ FALL TO PIECES, YA thriller, Marshall Cavendish
Old 01-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #22755
KarlaErikaCal
YA romance writer in love with love

KarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I was so bad about doing homework and writing instead in college lol. I'd fall so far behind in my classes, too...I had this vicious cycle where school would stress me out, so I wrote to cope, but fell behind because I wrote. And I'd be even more stressed out I'm falling behind so I wrote more. Yeah. School wasn't right for me. I might do vocational school one day and hopefully only do maybe 1-2 classes/week.
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

Old 01-11-2012, 03:35 PM   #22756
Allaboutwords13
You Snooze, You Lose!

Allaboutwords13 is well-respected
*yawn* Morning everyone. *yawns* I am soo tired! How are you all?

"You know how it is in the kid's book world; it's just bunny eat bunny."
Old 01-11-2012, 03:47 PM   #22757
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
I'm numb.

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Old 01-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #22758
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Taylor_Writes has a spectacular auraTaylor_Writes has a spectacular aura
Snow. Day.

YAAAY.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #22759
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
Hi, guys.
Untitled - MG Fantasy - Resting
Sherlock Holmes' Apprentice - MG Historical Mystery - Writing the first draft

Reading:
"Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" - JK Rowling

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 01-11-2012, 09:44 PM   #22760
chocowrites
scaredy cat

chocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
hi!

*is attempting to hit 15k today*
Old 01-11-2012, 09:50 PM   #22761
Horserider
Ever onward

Horserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Go choco!

I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right. ~The Book Thief

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:
Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

Old 01-11-2012, 09:55 PM   #22762
inkspatters
The coordinates keep changing...

inkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Go choco, go!

And I tweet, too!

~ FALL TO PIECES, YA thriller, Marshall Cavendish
Old 01-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #22763
chocowrites
scaredy cat

*is encouraged to write*

write or die it isssssss.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:10 PM   #22764
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
I got my old story open today (I sent it to people to read in April '10, and embaressed because of the feedback I deleted all trace of it from my house), and I'm cringing at it. The premise is good though, so I'm thinking of rewriting it from stratch and self-publishing it.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 01-12-2012, 12:43 AM   #22765
Zoombie
Vengeful Crystaline Hawk 45C
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Why science is AWESOME

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/holocaust.html

Quote:
This document does not advocate or condone the extinction or betrayal of ewoks, it merely reports upon a physical situation and the acts involved.

The circumstances at the end of Return of the Jedi lead inevitably to an environmental disaster on the Endor moon. The explosion of a small artificial moon in low orbit sends a meteoric rain onto the ewok sanctuary, on a scale unmatched since Endor formed. Through either direct atmospheric injection of small particles, or showers of ejecta from large impacts, the atmosphere will be filled with smoke and fallout causing a gargantuan nuclear-winter effect.

Unless the rebel commandoes on Endor were executing a suicide mission, the rebel fleet was evidently able to intervene to protect their immediate vicinity: probably an area comparable to Luxembourg. Debris fragments amounting to the mass of the rebel fleet might conceivably have been diverted from that particular locality (by the exertion of the fleet's tractor beams) and onto adjacent areas of the Endorian globe. However this is only a tiny fraction of the total mass incident on the moon during an event lasting mere minutes. The mass of the entire debris cloud and fireball is incomparably (inexorably) greater than the combined mass of both fleets over Endor.

A general climatological catastrophe was unavoidable. Averting the disaster would have required physical action on a scale greater than the construction of a Death Star, within minutes of the battle station's explosion.

Immediately following ROTJ the Endor moon has become unliveable, meaning that the ewoks are extinct
Read the whole thing to see why, scientifically speaking, the Ewoks are screwed.

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (43k/80k)

Invasion 2071 (With Editors)

Read my blog: Quantum Spin Plates

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 01-12-2012, 12:44 AM   #22766
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Hi, Zoom.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 01-12-2012, 12:49 AM   #22767
Zoombie
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
DIE EWOKS, DIE!

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (43k/80k)

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 01-12-2012, 01:05 AM   #22768
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

How have you been doing, Zoom? :3

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 01-12-2012, 02:35 AM   #22769
Zoombie
AW Moderator

Good! I got another request for a full from an agent!

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 01-12-2012, 02:51 AM   #22770
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I has a jealous!
Old 01-12-2012, 02:55 AM   #22771
Elysium
believe

Location: In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvania other times
Elysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hey everyone!

And that's awesome Zoom!

UNFAIR
A Dark Retelling of Snow White
Old 01-12-2012, 02:55 AM   #22772
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I got to meet Kyrie today!
Old 01-12-2012, 02:58 AM   #22773
Elysium
believe

Location: In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvania other times
Elysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parametric View Post
I got to meet Kyrie today!
Now I'M jealous.

UNFAIR
A Dark Retelling of Snow White
Old 01-12-2012, 03:02 AM   #22774
lvae
oh so shiny

lvae is a shiny, shiny jewellvae is a shiny, shiny jewel
Congrats, Zoom. I hope it goes well!
And yay for RL meetups, Para! I'm totally jealous.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:16 AM   #22775
KarlaErikaCal
YA romance writer in love with love

KarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
CONGRATS ZOOM!!

Para - YAY! How'd it go?!?!

Ely - Got your comment on my blog post about TL! Is it possible for you to be my cheerleader beta for the next month or so? Having one really helped with finishing CMRH last summer. And it's not first-draft stuff because I've been revising as I go, so it'll be much better than my sucktastic bare bones first draft stuff lol
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

Closed Thread