Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #22126
kairoru
Wannabe Novelist

kairoru is on a distinguished road
Hi Ink !

You can just call me Kay

That's cool haha ^_^. Always nice to drop bye lol!

CURRENT NOVEL:
~The Pack
First draft being written!
~Lena--First in Fallen/Angel series
Currently on hold!
Old 01-07-2012, 09:16 PM   #22127
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I love chocolate mini wheats and lucky charms.

My doctor is astonished to find out my blood sugar is perfectly normal. He thinks I should be studied medically, because he cant understand how someone like myself (who he had treated for the last 12 year) eats so unhealthy yet I have nothing wrong with me. I've gained a little weight at college but that's it.

He just puts his head down every time i go in for a check up and tell him how much coffee i drink and just how much sugar i put in every cup. Then when i go into how i still (yes he still cant understand after 12 years) refuse to eat fruits and veggies he always looks ready to have a heart attack.
WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
Old 01-07-2012, 09:19 PM   #22128
kairoru
Wannabe Novelist

kairoru is on a distinguished road
lol everyone at my lunch table is astonished when I bring chocolate to lunch and no healthy food. I've gotten better though! Now I occasionally bring pasta salad and chicken coated with Italian dressing

CURRENT NOVEL:
~The Pack
First draft being written!
~Lena--First in Fallen/Angel series
Currently on hold!
Old 01-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #22129
amlptj

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh my friends still cant understand or believe just how picky i am. I wish i liked thing i just dont. I like very little. And the stuff i do like is not healthy in the least.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 01-07-2012, 09:27 PM   #22130
inkspatters
The coordinates keep changing...

inkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Mmmm, this thread is making me hungry, haha. I have been ridiculously unhealthy lately (festive season, so not my fault), but as I actually enjoy eating somewhat healthily (says the girl who survived first year Uni on nothing but chocolate brownies...) I'll go back to that soon.

And I tweet, too!

~ FALL TO PIECES, YA thriller, Marshall Cavendish
Old 01-07-2012, 09:28 PM   #22131
Horserider
Ever onward

Horserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
INK! *tacklehugs*

I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right. ~The Book Thief

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:
Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

Old 01-07-2012, 09:29 PM   #22132
inkspatters

inkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*falls over*

*tacklehugs HR back*

And I tweet, too!

Old 01-07-2012, 09:32 PM   #22133
amlptj

my school semesters are nothing but ramen, pizza, and lots of coffee!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 01-07-2012, 09:37 PM   #22134
Missus Akasha
I'm a monster. I'm a saint.

Missus Akasha has a spectacular auraMissus Akasha has a spectacular aura
Hope everyone is having a good day.

WIPs:
We Must Be Killers: Batman and Kick Ass meets Dexter meets Count of Monte Cristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Gide
The most beautiful things are those that madness prompts and reason writes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Dennis
I always start writing with a clean piece of paper and a dirty mind.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:40 PM   #22135
amlptj

Hey Missus! How are you doing?

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 01-07-2012, 09:44 PM   #22136
inkspatters

Oh, coffee and ramen are essential to my school life, too. How could I forget.

Hi Missus Akasha

And I tweet, too!

Old 01-07-2012, 09:49 PM   #22137
Missus Akasha

I am doing okay. I had to go to the ER last night. Horrible, horrible ear infection. :< How are you though?

Hi, inkspatters!

WIPs:
We Must Be Killers: Batman and Kick Ass meets Dexter meets Count of Monte Cristo

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-07-2012, 09:55 PM   #22138
amlptj

Awwwww I'm sorry!!! Hope you feel better! Ear infections are soooooo horrible!

I'm good, wrote and am writing alot today, although i feel horrible. I've felt horrible all last night and into today, haven't been able to go to sleep because i keep getting woken up by the pain... (cramps)

ETA: You know i was thinking the other day, we should create some alternative thread or something in which has all the TWFTies welcoming questions. Like. What a person prefers to be called, what they write, and when they joined or something. I think it would be really valuable and time saving. I mean i have a horrible memory, and i always forget what people like to be called. Just a random thought.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Last edited by amlptj; 01-07-2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:04 PM   #22139
Missus Akasha

Thanks! Got plenty of meds on my side and hopefully I shall feel a little better before my courses start next week.

And I hope you feel better too! Mother Nature is a bitch. Why do we have to have the cramps? Why can't guys have those kinds of cramps? Also, I think that's a great idea because I have a bad memory myself, lol.

I have been wondering when would it be a good time to post up a new TWFT thread. By next week, we probably will be in the 1000s page-wise.

WIPs:

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-07-2012, 10:15 PM   #22140
inkspatters

I'm pretty sure the mods start up a new thread every time the old one gets too big. And they retire the old one to oblivion. Mods are awesome like that.

Maybe someone could make a post at the start of that new thread that basically just profiles all the twifties? Could be a good idea, but I don't really mind introducing and reintroducing myself to people

And I tweet, too!

Old 01-07-2012, 10:17 PM   #22141
amlptj

usually a mod does that when we get around 25,000.

Yes mother nature sucks and its totally unfair. I'm a lucky girl too because i get cramps so bad my doctor had to put me on prescription pain killers. And even those dont work!

Hum... maybe we should create a sticky or talk to a mod, about just having a list of all the TWFTies, and things like Age, genre, perfered name and join date. That way when a TWFTie who hasn't been on for a while comes back everyone can just look them up and know everything. Or when a new TWFTie joins they can add in there info and that way everyone who comes on later that day wont have to ask the same questions.

I think it would be handy. I know alot of people still call me Aml, amp, amlptj, because they dont know i go by Ally. that's my fault though for having such a strange username!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Last edited by amlptj; 01-07-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:20 PM   #22142
Missus Akasha

Oh, I didn't know that. Then we've got quite a ways to go before a new thread goes up, but I definitely like the introduction idea. People can just call me MA or my real name, Jhordan (no typo).

WIPs:

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-07-2012, 10:23 PM   #22143
inkspatters

A list would be handy

And omg, I feel you on the ridiculous cramps. I have prescription meds, too. And they don't very well, either.

Jhordan, eek on the ear infection!! Hopefully you feel better, soon.

And I tweet, too!

Old 01-07-2012, 10:30 PM   #22144
amlptj

they suck soooo much! And my dr. refuses to give me anything stronger!!!

I'm so jealous of all my friends, they dont get cramps nearly as bad. To them they are a minor inconvenience, for me they leave me housebound for days!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 01-07-2012, 10:34 PM   #22145
inkspatters

Mine have gotten a lot better over the years, but yeah. Basically sometimes our bodies suck majorly for it seems no reason in particular. Damn bodies, lol.

And I tweet, too!

Old 01-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #22146
Missus Akasha

If I could cast a curse. I want all guys to suffer with cramps for one day a year. I will be pleased, LOL.

WIPs:

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Missus Akasha; 01-07-2012 at 11:02 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:31 PM   #22147
KarlaErikaCal
YA romance writer in love with love

KarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ink! Hi!

Also sorry for the pain some of you are feeling. Pain suck!

I too get cramps. Usually only on the first day but really bad...hate it

Anyway, even though I wrote 17K in 24 hours yesterday, I'm not burned out to write some more. Yay! Maybe I can write another 8K by the end of the weekend. Or another 10K would be nice too. But yeah...SO excited about this WIP! Never been this excited for a different book (or anything else!) ever! And it's awesome
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

Old 01-07-2012, 11:33 PM   #22148
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
Hi, guys!

ETA: I get cramps the week leading up to the start.
Sherlock Holmes' Apprentice - MG Historical Mystery - On hold
Untitled - YA Paranormal Romance - Writing the first draft

Reading:
"Girlfriend in a Coma" - Douglas Coupland

Twitter
Tumblr

Last edited by lisalulu09; 01-07-2012 at 11:34 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:34 PM   #22149
inkspatters

Karla! I'm so glad you're feeling so inspired. That's awesome!

And hey Lisa!

And I tweet, too!

Old 01-07-2012, 11:34 PM   #22150
Missus Akasha

OMG, Karla! Can I have some of your muse? LOL 17K, that's amazing.

Hi, Lisa.

WIPs:

Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread