Happy Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 03:55 AM   #20176
lvae
oh so shiny

lvae is a shiny, shiny jewellvae is a shiny, shiny jewel
See you Lisa!
We're YAWN-ing in about six minutes right?
Old 12-20-2011, 03:56 AM   #20177
MysteryRiter
Murder isn't so bad...

MysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudge
I'm ending early. Got 200 words in 10 minutes; pretty good.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:56 AM   #20178
KarlaErikaCal
YA romance writer in love with love

KarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
That's the downside of writing by hand. I can't YAWN lol
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

Old 12-20-2011, 03:57 AM   #20179
lvae
oh so shiny

I've just realised the old version of the rewrites I recently did actually makes more sense/is superior to the new version. God damnit. Back to the drawing board. :S
Old 12-20-2011, 04:01 AM   #20180
KarlaErikaCal

KarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
At least you figured out it's better! Sometimes it takes me a while to figure out that sort of stuff. But lately I've been good about following my intuition to see where my story needs to go. Actually, I take that back. I had some issues with hardly writing and not knowing where to take things the last week or so, though, that might have been laziness because I didn't want to leave the couch when watching TV lol. Either way, at least I'm on track again

Also, I've got 3.6K total and 2.2K words is from today. Still hoping to reach that 5K, and I'm so sure I'll make it!
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

Old 12-20-2011, 04:02 AM   #20181
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm up for actually yawning.

I just got to 217 words in like 10-15 minutes!
WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
Old 12-20-2011, 04:04 AM   #20182
lvae
oh so shiny

I'm going to have to pull out of YAWN-ing. Apparently I need to go somewhere in fifteen minutes.

If there's anything still up when I come back, I'll definitely post reps. Good luck guys!
Old 12-20-2011, 04:06 AM   #20183
amlptj

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
oh darn! I dont think i Yawned anything from my new story before.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 12-20-2011, 04:22 AM   #20184
amlptj

So i did the math I wrote 2.1K in the last hour and a half. That's really good for me after this horrible slump i've been in lately!

Think i might be getting over my lack of motivation/writers block.

Now for the attack of the Mermaids! Bwhahahahaha! (I'm so evil to my characters!)

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 12-20-2011, 04:56 AM   #20185
KarlaErikaCal

I've officially given up writing by hand. My hand is cramping up really badly. UGH.

Well I guess I can YAWN again! But first, I gotta type up 3.6K worth of words...
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

Old 12-20-2011, 05:49 AM   #20186
MysteryRiter
Murder isn't so bad...

MysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudge
That sucks, Karla....
Old 12-20-2011, 06:08 AM   #20187
KarlaErikaCal

My hand is all right now. I guess I exaggerated. It didn't cramp up too badly. But if I'd continued writing til I hit my 5K, I know it would have hurt like hell.

I've been typing stuff up and I'm expanding too. That was exactly my intent in writing by hand - write a first draft on paper, expand it into a second draft when typing it up since I'm a bare-bones first drafter.

I also just realized that The Perfect Crime is a YA contemporary. The romance is a subplot. :O I'm not used to this at all lol. In all my other novels, the romance is the main plot. But I guess maybe that's why it fit that The Perfect Crime is the one I'm meant to work on. Change can be good after being confined in the romance genre conventions.
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

Old 12-20-2011, 06:25 AM   #20188
amlptj

So the damn power went out on my campus for a whole hour... Now only one outlet in my room works... And I can only get online through my phone because the lack if power took out the Internet too! What the hell does my 40k a year go towards!!!!!!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 12-20-2011, 06:36 AM   #20189
Elysium
believe

Location: In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvania other times
Elysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hey everyone!

UNFAIR
A Dark Retelling of Snow White
Old 12-20-2011, 07:08 AM   #20190
amlptj

Hello!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 12-20-2011, 07:19 AM   #20191
Elysium
believe

Elysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hey am!

How's it going?

UNFAIR
Old 12-20-2011, 07:27 AM   #20192
amlptj

Kind of sucks right now most of the poet and the heat is out here so is the Internet... I'm cold starving and really wanted to see Sherlock Holmes tonight but my boyfriend won't get off work till 12 at the earliest... And to top it off my roomate has guests over so im being ignored...

Everything would be better if I just had Internet... Typing everything on my phone is a pain in the ass..

How are you?

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 12-20-2011, 07:43 AM   #20193
Elysium
believe

Hopefully your night gets better. I currently have three pairs of socks on and two sweaters. It's pretty cold in my room. The heat is on but it's not heating up in my room.

But I'm okay. Just waiting for break to get here. School has been stressing me out a lot lately and I really need a vacation/some time away from teachers and other people at school. Not only that...I can't seem to focus on schoolwork anymore. I think I failed my psychology test today too on top of that. *sighs*

UNFAIR
Old 12-20-2011, 08:42 AM   #20194
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
Hi friends.

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Old 12-20-2011, 09:01 AM   #20195
Elysium
believe

Hey Tally!

UNFAIR
Old 12-20-2011, 09:01 AM   #20196
amlptj

Awww i'm sorry! I know what you mean about stress! Its been a horrible semester for me this year. But it will get better during break. It will be here before you know!

Hey Tally, hows it going?

I went all the way to Will's work so i could finally get internet. Apparently its official, i'm not going to have heat or internet tonight. And I'm probably not going to get it all back till tomorrow at some time, there not sure when.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 12-20-2011, 09:48 AM   #20197
MysteryRiter
Murder isn't so bad...

Well, I didn't hit my goal. I'm going to bed with 2k words. Not good, but at least I feel confident thanks to the great crits over at SYW.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:04 PM   #20198
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
Hi, guys.

Catching up on Glee and doing the alternating thing I did yesterday

SPOILER: Stripper Sam is kinda disturbing...
Sherlock Holmes' Apprentice - MG Historical Mystery - On hold
Untitled - YA Paranormal Romance - Writing the first draft

Reading:
"Girlfriend in a Coma" - Douglas Coupland

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 12-20-2011, 06:16 PM   #20199
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
WHITE CHOCOLATE!

I'm alright. I think I'm having a really unhealthy food day ahead of my, but whatever. It's Christmas.

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Old 12-20-2011, 07:15 PM   #20200
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
I was just like... O.o
Sherlock Holmes' Apprentice - MG Historical Mystery - On hold
Untitled - YA Paranormal Romance - Writing the first draft

Reading:
"Girlfriend in a Coma" - Douglas Coupland

Twitter
Tumblr
Closed Thread