Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 06:03 AM   #14676
lvae
oh so shiny

lvae is a shiny, shiny jewellvae is a shiny, shiny jewel
My netbook just fell on the ground. Everything seems to be okay. Hmmm...
YA Contemporary - temporarily shelved.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:22 AM   #14677
Zoealea
Mmmm, caffeine.

Zoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolness
*waves*

Detachable (NaNo novel)-
1.6k/50k

Old 09-19-2011, 06:40 AM   #14678
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
Hiiii.

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Old 09-19-2011, 06:51 AM   #14679
Zoealea
Mmmm, caffeine.

Zoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolness
Heyyy!

How are you?

Detachable (NaNo novel)-
1.6k/50k

Old 09-19-2011, 02:28 PM   #14680
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
Hi, guys.

I want some Tipex before I continue plotting Underdogs, so for now I'm going to work on my Beauty and the Beast retelling, which I thought of a possible title for the other night: "Discoloured Rainbows". What do you guys think?
Untitled - MG Fantasy - Resting
Sherlock Holmes' Apprentice - MG Historical Mystery - Writing the first draft

Reading:
"Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" - JK Rowling

Twitter
Tumblr

Last edited by lisalulu09; 09-19-2011 at 02:39 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:38 PM   #14681
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Taylor_Writes has a spectacular auraTaylor_Writes has a spectacular aura
Gaaaaaaaaaaahhhh. Schoooooooooool. I haaaaaaaaaaaateeeeeee youuuuuuuuu.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:40 PM   #14682
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
OMG I have passed 8K posts! How did I not notice this. :O

I'm so glad I don't go back to uni 'til next month...

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 09-19-2011, 08:25 PM   #14683
Horserider
Ever onward

Horserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
This is my fourth week at uni...

I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right. ~The Book Thief

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:
Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

Old 09-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #14684
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Hi, HR.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 09-19-2011, 08:47 PM   #14685
Horserider
Ever onward

Horserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hi lisa.

I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right. ~The Book Thief

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:

Old 09-19-2011, 08:52 PM   #14686
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Do you want to see my blurb for "Discoloured Rainbows"?

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 09-19-2011, 08:57 PM   #14687
Horserider
Ever onward

Sure.

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:

Old 09-19-2011, 09:03 PM   #14688
The Kidd
Not an actual kid...or goat.

The Kidd has a golden reputationThe Kidd has a golden reputationThe Kidd has a golden reputationThe Kidd has a golden reputationThe Kidd has a golden reputationThe Kidd has a golden reputation
They are filming a Damn movie at school so class is canceled

WIP:
Miraculous Mr. D: MG Fantasy>: 36k/45k

(Untitled Kelpie story) Paranormal Romance>: 3.5k/50k

Old 09-19-2011, 09:05 PM   #14689
Horserider
Ever onward

Wish they'd cancel class here. That'd be fantastic.

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:

Old 09-19-2011, 09:10 PM   #14690
MargoWest
the chart is not the sea

MargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputation
How are you liking college so far, HR?
Old 09-19-2011, 09:12 PM   #14691
The Kidd
Not an actual kid...or goat.

The Kidd has a golden reputationThe Kidd has a golden reputationThe Kidd has a golden reputationThe Kidd has a golden reputationThe Kidd has a golden reputationThe Kidd has a golden reputation
I'm just mad because I had to leave the hospital ( mom broke her arm last night) and drive across town in the rain.

WIP:
Miraculous Mr. D: MG Fantasy>: 36k/45k

(Untitled Kelpie story) Paranormal Romance>: 3.5k/50k

Old 09-19-2011, 09:18 PM   #14692
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

The blurb for "Discoloured Rainbows"

Quote:
Chris has been bullied by Nate ever since they started school together in Year Seven. Now in Year Eleven, it's got worse. Nate has been getting other boys in their form class to join in with the bullying. At the annual Christmas Ball, Chris confronts Nate after he teases him about not having a date because all of the guys aren't gay, and Nate kisses him. Shocked, Chris tries to avoid him as much as possible while Nate tries to come to terms with the feelings taking over him. But nothing is as easy as it seems.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 09-19-2011, 09:25 PM   #14693
Horserider
Ever onward

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargoWest View Post
How are you liking college so far, HR?
Except for the professors that can't teach, I love college.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalulu09 View Post
The blurb for "Discoloured Rainbows"
Now I understand why you've been talking about Karofsky.

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:

Old 09-19-2011, 09:25 PM   #14694
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

LOL. Yes.

Is it too Glee-like?

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 09-19-2011, 09:31 PM   #14695
Zoealea
Mmmm, caffeine.

*waves*

Lisa, it seems a lot like glee.

Detachable (NaNo novel)-
1.6k/50k

Old 09-19-2011, 09:35 PM   #14696
Thalia

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
I'm inclined to agree with Zoe.

That awkward moment when the time on the computer is earlier than the time on AW...

ETA: Tay, it may be because I know that it's inspired by HP, but now everything you post about your book makes me immediately think "okay, compare to HP, is it too similar?"

So both the MC dying and the MCs running around trying to prevent the bad guy's immortality is very HP-like to me. The problem I've been seeing, honestly, is that it keeps feeling like you're taking something from Harry Potter and saying "okay, how can I change this so it goes in my story", rather than coming up with ideas on your own (which I know you're really good at =) )

I may be wrong, but I'm the kind of person who sees all similarities between books and has issues with them XD Hence why I did not like TMI until Sebastian showed up.

Last edited by Thalia; 09-19-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:37 PM   #14697
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

That is my problem.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 09-19-2011, 09:40 PM   #14698
Bookgirl2021
A place where dreams are born

Location: In your head. I'm the little voice you hear all the time. And you thought that was your conscience!
Bookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hi friends!

Mirror Effect: 2K/65K On hold

OLS: Editing

My Website/Personal Blog
Old 09-19-2011, 09:42 PM   #14699
Thalia

Lisa, here is what you need to read: http://hollylisle.com/how-to-legally...y-steal-ideas/ It basically addresses that issue perfectly.

ETA: Hi, BG!

Old 09-19-2011, 09:44 PM   #14700
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

I wasn't intending to steal ideas... I did steal a name.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Closed Thread