Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 01:45 AM   #12776
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

Kyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admiration
I'm a fan of Tally's words about my query. Made me laugh my ass off.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:50 AM   #12777
The Kidd
Not an actual kid...or goat.

The Kidd has a golden reputationThe Kidd has a golden reputationThe Kidd has a golden reputationThe Kidd has a golden reputationThe Kidd has a golden reputationThe Kidd has a golden reputation
UGH CMRH is a very good idea :P

WIP:
Miraculous Mr. D: MG Fantasy>: 36k/45k

(Untitled Kelpie story) Paranormal Romance>: 3.5k/50k

Old 09-05-2011, 01:57 AM   #12778
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

Kyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admiration
What Kidd said
Old 09-05-2011, 02:00 AM   #12779
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
Thirded.
Untitled - MG Fantasy - Resting
Sherlock Holmes' Apprentice - MG Historical Mystery - Writing the first draft

Reading:
"Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" - JK Rowling

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 09-05-2011, 02:01 AM   #12780
The Kidd

The Kidd has a golden reputationThe Kidd has a golden reputationThe Kidd has a golden reputationThe Kidd has a golden reputationThe Kidd has a golden reputationThe Kidd has a golden reputation
Ari, I started reading Weeping and I'm enjoying it so far

WIP:

Old 09-05-2011, 02:02 AM   #12781
KarlaErikaCal
YA romance writer in love with love

KarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I meant my non-romance ideas from before I officially became a romance writer.

But I do like CMRH's idea a lot
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

Old 09-05-2011, 02:02 AM   #12782
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

Glad to hear it! I need to get started on my beta stuff in a little while, including Grimace. I've been all over the place since yesterday and very distracted.

ETA: Ohhhh. Well Karla...we all have those regrettable early ideas. (I'm guilty of what was prettymuch a rip-off of Sailor Moon blended with Magic Knight Rayearth. Including random people who are naturally blonde, but 100% Japanese.)
Old 09-05-2011, 02:05 AM   #12783
The Kidd

Yeah. And Of Pads and Fingers was pretty much 40k words of nothing happening XD. I do have characters in there I want to salvage...one day.

WIP:

Old 09-05-2011, 02:10 AM   #12784
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia View Post
kk, Ally, critted your query. warning: I am very harsh. it's not personal. i am just a bitch when I crit stuff.
Thanks Tally it wasnt too Harsh, actually it was just the kind of response that brings up my many questions on how to write this query for such a complicated and twist fulled book like mine... Also answered you confusion on the title the Monsters.
WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
Old 09-05-2011, 02:11 AM   #12785
micahcannibal
I am a Cannibal :)

micahcannibal is on a distinguished road
Hey Heyy

Anybody doing anything fun for Labor Day?
Old 09-05-2011, 02:11 AM   #12786
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
Hi!

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 09-05-2011, 02:12 AM   #12787
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
there is no labor day down here

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Old 09-05-2011, 02:12 AM   #12788
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
no nothing fun...

I'm just racking my brain about my query letter all while trying to write TH and deal with my grandmom's birthday party.
WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
Old 09-05-2011, 02:14 AM   #12789
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

I am English. 'Nuff said.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 09-05-2011, 02:20 AM   #12790
The Kidd

Weathering a tropical storm and going to work because my boss does not believe in off days.

WIP:

Old 09-05-2011, 02:22 AM   #12791
Thalia

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
I hear ya, Kidd. I've been through that with snowstorms (we'll see how my new school reacts to tropical storms).

Old 09-05-2011, 02:24 AM   #12792
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

I'll be...answering ChaCha questions and meeting up with a girl from my Comp II class, I think. And hopefully writing/beta reading.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:27 AM   #12793
Thalia

Wait, are you leaving? *sadface*

Old 09-05-2011, 02:29 AM   #12794
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

If you mean me, not right now, no. I have nothing to do tonight other than ChaCha...which I have pulled up in another window.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:32 AM   #12795
Thalia

Okies!

Dayum, I need to get to work on Sin. And figure out what the hell she's up to.

Old 09-05-2011, 02:33 AM   #12796
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

I hate that I keep finding songs that fit the second and third book in the series, though I dunno why I hate it.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 09-05-2011, 02:36 AM   #12797
Thalia

dude, they don't need to fit exactly. I played Taylor Swift for a torture scene. It's just about putting on music you like that makes you feel... writerly.

Old 09-05-2011, 02:41 AM   #12798
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

Yes Tally, yes you do.

And Lisa, prettymuch what she said. I have "This Piece of Poetry Is Meant to do Harm" by The Ark that ALWAYS makes me feel like writing and it is in no way anything like anything I've written.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:43 AM   #12799
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

I'm doing a musical outline - the problem is - I find loadsa songs that fit later in the series rather than Underdogs. It's mostly for inspiration. I mostly listen to albums when I'm actually writing. I have a feeling I'll be listening to a lot of Glee and classic Disney, lol. Except for the 'Matthew in prision thing' scenes.

If you're wondering, I don't feel ready to write it yet. I feel like I'm cheating on Suns and Stars. If that makes sense.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 09-05-2011, 02:44 AM   #12800
Thalia

i'm cheating on everything I write all the time. only thing I've never cheated on was MAAH.

Closed Thread