Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 05:30 AM   #12626
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

Kyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admiration
Am I allowed to feel sisterly pride now? Because I very much do. Understood? YAY TALLY!

Old 09-04-2011, 05:58 AM   #12627
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congrats!
WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
Old 09-04-2011, 06:13 AM   #12628
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
Thanks!!!

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Old 09-04-2011, 09:53 AM   #12629
Imbroglio
PERPETUAL EXISTENTIAL CRISIS VICTIM

Imbroglio is a glorious beacon of lightImbroglio is a glorious beacon of lightImbroglio is a glorious beacon of light
Congrats, Thalia!

So dead tonight.

CURRENTLY READING: Furies of Calderon |Boneshaker
Old 09-04-2011, 10:03 AM   #12630
amlptj

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
It is very dead...

Ok first chapter down. YAY me! YAY 3K down!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 09-04-2011, 10:27 AM   #12631
Bookgirl2021
A place where dreams are born

Location: In your head. I'm the little voice you hear all the time. And you thought that was your conscience!
Bookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
It's been kind of dead all day, though.

Mirror Effect: 2K/65K On hold

OLS: Editing

My Website/Personal Blog
Old 09-04-2011, 10:29 AM   #12632
Imbroglio
PERPETUAL EXISTENTIAL CRISIS VICTIM

Imbroglio is a glorious beacon of lightImbroglio is a glorious beacon of lightImbroglio is a glorious beacon of light
True dat, yo.

T_T

CURRENTLY READING: Furies of Calderon |Boneshaker
Old 09-04-2011, 11:25 AM   #12633
amlptj

anyone still up?

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 09-04-2011, 01:16 PM   #12634
amlptj

Any lurkers still awake?

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 09-04-2011, 03:37 PM   #12635
Allaboutwords13
You Snooze, You Lose!

Allaboutwords13 is well-respected
MORNING ALL!

"You know how it is in the kid's book world; it's just bunny eat bunny."
Old 09-04-2011, 05:03 PM   #12636
MysteryRiter
Murder isn't so bad...

MysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Hi, everyone!!!!! First internet access I've had in over a week. Power expected to return tuesday night. Any1 gone 10 days without power? IT SUCKS!!!
Old 09-04-2011, 05:17 PM   #12637
Allaboutwords13
You Snooze, You Lose!

Yeah, that sounds horrible MR But yay you're back! How are you?

Old 09-04-2011, 05:31 PM   #12638
MysteryRiter
Murder isn't so bad...

MysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Ok, considering I had to sleep in my room when it was like 90 degrees and I had no air conditioning, no fan. I barely slept but I couldn't even distract myself with the internet. I'm at my mom's office and my computer's dying. Great *he says sarcastically*
Old 09-04-2011, 05:36 PM   #12639
Allaboutwords13
You Snooze, You Lose!

So have you been able to get any writing done? And I hate the heat. I have a fan in my room that I have on sometimes even when it's not hot. haha it's like... the sound is a comfort. so random

Old 09-04-2011, 05:55 PM   #12640
MysteryRiter
Murder isn't so bad...

Not really. My handwriting is awful. I wrote a few book reviews and another story but I only planned my novel, didn't do much with it. Im sure you don't care but I was pleasantly surprised to see how one of my books was doing. I now love self pubbing. I am working on an anthology with some of my favorite indie authors. Oh yeah, I was asked to guest post for a pretty popular book blog, in the sig its barbra hightower, so would you mind if I run an idea for that by you. How are you doing?
and I forgot to mention that I have to take freezing cold showers. The good news: school is delayed.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:13 PM   #12641
Octave
New kid, be gentle!

Octave is well-respected
Whoa. You write by hand? That. Is. Amazing. O.O

I have barely enough patience to write microfiction by hand, much less the capability write anything longer than a hundred words by hand.

The Black Sky and All Those Lights

There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason to ever hate without reservation, to imagine that God Almighty Himself hates with you, too.
~Kurt Vonnegut
Old 09-04-2011, 06:25 PM   #12642
MysteryRiter
Murder isn't so bad...

I know but it was like six hundred. I don't think I've seen you before. What kinda stories do you write. Flash fiction at all.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:30 PM   #12643
Allaboutwords13
You Snooze, You Lose!

Yeah sure, run whatever by me lol.
I'm about 40 pages into my second story. It's not a vampire story so hopefully a little less cliched.

Old 09-04-2011, 06:31 PM   #12644
Thalia

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
I plot, worldbuild, character build, everything by hand. I only write the actual story by computer.

Old 09-04-2011, 06:31 PM   #12645
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
Hi, guys.

Decorating notebooks = Yay!
Untitled - MG Fantasy - Resting
Sherlock Holmes' Apprentice - MG Historical Mystery - Preparing to write

Reading:
"Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" - JK Rowling

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 09-04-2011, 06:34 PM   #12646
Allaboutwords13
You Snooze, You Lose!

Lately I've been writing notes about what's going to happen in the next scene in advance, for when I dont feel in the spirit to actually write the dialogue or whatever.

Old 09-04-2011, 06:37 PM   #12647
Thalia

Hey, by the way, have you read any MAAH yet?

Old 09-04-2011, 06:37 PM   #12648
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
I'm going to be doing a lot of plotting and playlist constructing at the moment. I don't feel ready to write Underdogs yet - it sort of feels like I'm cheating on Suns and Stars, haha.
Untitled - MG Fantasy - Resting
Sherlock Holmes' Apprentice - MG Historical Mystery - Preparing to write

Reading:
"Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" - JK Rowling

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 09-04-2011, 06:37 PM   #12649
Octave
New kid, be gentle!

Octave is well-respected
I'm Jae/Jace. I've been a Twiftie for the longest time, but uni just drags me away lots, so I'm hardly ever here. Sad truth. :|

For the most part, I write short fiction and novels that lean towards the darker side of things. How about you?

(And yeah, I plot and characterize by hand, but I don't really count it cause I technically just scribble whatever comes to me at the moment. Any actual writing goes directly to the computer.)

ETA: Thalia, no, but I'm in love with the title, for what it's worth.

The Black Sky and All Those Lights

There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason to ever hate without reservation, to imagine that God Almighty Himself hates with you, too.
~Kurt Vonnegut
Old 09-04-2011, 06:39 PM   #12650
Allaboutwords13
You Snooze, You Lose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia View Post
Hey, by the way, have you read any MAAH yet?
Oh yeah i have. I got to about chapter four or five and then was so busy this past week I got distracted and haven't got back to it. I'll continue later I really really like it

Closed Thread