Happy Thanksgiving JPG

Happy Thanksgiving!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 08:20 PM   #101
Zoealea
Mmmm, caffeine.

Zoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolness
Homework. *collapses*

Detachable (NaNo novel)-
1.6k/50k

Old 05-28-2011, 08:30 PM   #102
Kyrie
Queen of Adverbs (unfortunately)

Kyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputation
Morning.

A Terror of Darkness: v. 4.0 - 67k - waiting for beta comments

And then I met a man called the Doctor. A man who could change his face. And he took me away from home in his magical machine. He showed me the whole of time and space. I thought it would never end.

BLOGGER! YOUTUBE!
Old 05-28-2011, 08:31 PM   #103
Zoealea
Mmmm, caffeine.

Zoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolness
Morning Ky.
How are you?

Detachable (NaNo novel)-
1.6k/50k

Old 05-28-2011, 08:36 PM   #104
Kyrie

Kyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputation
Pretty good, how're you?

And then I met a man called the Doctor. A man who could change his face. And he took me away from home in his magical machine. He showed me the whole of time and space. I thought it would never end.

BLOGGER! YOUTUBE!
Old 05-28-2011, 08:38 PM   #105
Zoealea
Mmmm, caffeine.

Good. I'm thinking of tapping in to the DW marathon (I think it's today), while I do homework.
Oh, and you have a rep.

Detachable (NaNo novel)-
1.6k/50k

Old 05-28-2011, 08:41 PM   #106
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
Hey guys.

Damn, I was all set to go shopping with my mom and then my dad comes in and is like "We need to take pictures to send to your new school" and then he took a picture of me and told me I looked fake. And then I kind of blew up. I didn't know it was possible to feel this much anger.

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Old 05-28-2011, 08:43 PM   #107
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Afternoon team. I'm test-driving a first-person version of my YA UF, which I think should remove much of the pronoun confusion of a female protagonist among an overwhelmingly female cast. Protagonist about to end up in a car crash slash ambush in a motorway tunnel somewhere around the M25.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:44 PM   #108
Zoealea
Mmmm, caffeine.

*hugs*
Sorry, Tally.

Detachable (NaNo novel)-
1.6k/50k

Old 05-28-2011, 08:51 PM   #109
parumpdragon
May God bless you and keep you

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Wow, lots going on today!

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
Old 05-28-2011, 08:51 PM   #110
Kyrie

Thalia: I'm sorry dear. *hugs*

Para: Cool! Is the M25 the highway supposedly designed by the devil (according to GOOD OMENS, anyway)?

BLOGGER! YOUTUBE!
Old 05-28-2011, 08:53 PM   #111
Thalia

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
Sounds cool, Para.

Thanks, guys.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:55 PM   #112
Kyrie

On a random note, jam on pancakes instead of syrup is rather tasty. *om nom nom*

ETA: I've killed it with the random, haven't I?

BLOGGER! YOUTUBE!

Last edited by Kyrie; 05-28-2011 at 09:04 PM.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:04 PM   #113
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrie View Post
Para: Cool! Is the M25 the highway supposedly designed by the devil (according to GOOD OMENS, anyway)?
Ha! Yes. It's the London orbital motorway, the circular road that goes around London. Notorious for grinding to a standstill at peak hours. It is not yet notorious for ambushes by sword-fighting ninjas in tunnels, BUT IT WILL BE.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:07 PM   #114
Kyrie

That sounds epic!!

BLOGGER! YOUTUBE!
Old 05-28-2011, 09:18 PM   #115
parumpdragon
May God bless you and keep you

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Tummy growls on that note

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
Old 05-28-2011, 09:52 PM   #116
Thalia

Woot woot! Guys, I am like the dancing QUEEN today.

In jeans. Damn, I should've put on shorts or a skirt.

Old 05-28-2011, 10:09 PM   #117
chocowrites
scaredy cat

chocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
So I haven't written for kind of a long time.

But I'm going to write today. The sun is shining and there is a slight breeze coming through the window and I AM GOING TO WRITE.

-puts determined hat on-
Old 05-28-2011, 10:14 PM   #118
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
Hey, guys.

So today, I bought the complete series of Glee on DVD (I HOPE IT WORKS), I Am Number Four (book), Clockwork Angel and City of Fallen Angels.

Just under £45 spent on all of that.
Sherlock Holmes' Apprentice - MG Historical Mystery - On hold
Untitled - YA Paranormal Romance - Writing the first draft

Reading:
"Girlfriend in a Coma" - Douglas Coupland

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 05-28-2011, 11:28 PM   #119
Elusive
kick-ass extra something special!

Elusive has a golden reputationElusive has a golden reputationElusive has a golden reputationElusive has a golden reputationElusive has a golden reputationElusive has a golden reputation
*loves Clockwork Angel*
Old 05-29-2011, 01:24 AM   #120
Bookgirl2021
A place where dreams are born

Location: In your head. I'm the little voice you hear all the time. And you thought that was your conscience!
Bookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

I slept forever today. And I'm still sleepy. But whatever. Not much writing happening, since I have family here.

How's everybody else doing?

Mirror Effect: 2K/65K On hold

OLS: Editing

My Website/Personal Blog
Old 05-29-2011, 01:25 AM   #121
Because.
the winter soldier

Because. has a spectacular aura
The last two weeks were killer guys, but I'm free.

As of last night, I am officially done with high school.

Choco! Choco! Last time I tried to message you, your inbox was full, lovely!
Old 05-29-2011, 01:30 AM   #122
chocowrites
scaredy cat

chocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Because. View Post
The last two weeks were killer guys, but I'm free.

As of last night, I am officially done with high school.

Choco! Choco! Last time I tried to message you, your inbox was full, lovely!
ME TOO. I'mDONEI'mDONE (as of thursday). FREEEEDOM!

And sorry about that! Here, I'll rep you the conclusion of my decision haha.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:34 AM   #123
Because.
the winter soldier

Because. has a spectacular aura
*huggles* YAY! We did it. We actually did it!

It really didn't feel like what happened last night happened to me. It feels unreal.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:37 AM   #124
chocowrites
scaredy cat

I keep walking around in a daze and thinking, "holy crap, I never have to do that again. What?"

We survived high school! And are headed off to awesome colleges to boot. YAY.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:49 AM   #125
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Congratulations! Welcome to adulthood! It's scary, but also awesome.
Closed Thread