Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 11:42 PM   #11576
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
Lisa, you can break the rules, you just have to know them first.

But yes, I would suggest against taking too long to reveal Dulcie's fae-ness, because that gets annoying.

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Old 08-28-2011, 11:43 PM   #11577
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor_Writes View Post
a romance taking place during WW2.
I like the idea of this. The Second World War is one of my favourite eras in history to study.
Sherlock Holmes' Apprentice - MG Historical Mystery - On hold
Untitled - YA Paranormal Romance - Writing the first draft

Reading:
"Girlfriend in a Coma" - Douglas Coupland

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 08-28-2011, 11:44 PM   #11578
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia View Post
Lisa, you can break the rules, you just have to know them first.

But yes, I would suggest against taking too long to reveal Dulcie's fae-ness, because that gets annoying.
That is what I was thinking.

Also, isn't it suggested you don't break the rules until you've written a lot?

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 08-28-2011, 11:45 PM   #11579
Thalia

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
Yes, Lisa, it is.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:45 PM   #11580
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Taylor_Writes has a spectacular auraTaylor_Writes has a spectacular aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalulu09 View Post
I like the idea of this. The Second World War is one of my favourite eras in history to study.
I was reading up about it, and then being inside Lazena (which is quite... Weird) gave me the idea to look up modeling in that time for a twist.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:48 PM   #11581
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

Kyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admiration
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia View Post
I take forever in Weeping to reveal what Meera and Lacrimosa are, but I did it on purpose. My readers thus far have not complained
Old 08-28-2011, 11:49 PM   #11582
Zoombie
Vengeful Crystaline Hawk 45C
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
WW2 was very dramatic.

But...it could have been MORE DRAMATIC!

Damn it, Germany, if you had actually built the Ratte then the war would have been over faster (as it's a useless piece of shit that would have cost more than countless other actually functional tanks combined) AND we'd have a tank so large that it was classified as a naval vessel.

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (43k/80k)

Invasion 2071 (With Editors)

Read my blog: Quantum Spin Plates

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 08-28-2011, 11:50 PM   #11583
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Nice...
Old 08-28-2011, 11:51 PM   #11584
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

Kyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admiration
That's enormous.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:51 PM   #11585
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Extactly Tally.

In version four, it's Chapter Thirteen and Tristan still does not know.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 08-28-2011, 11:52 PM   #11586
Zoombie
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Or how about a mobile piece of artillery that can hit London?

From Normandy.

It's the same tank chassie, but with a BIGGER GUN!

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (43k/80k)

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 08-28-2011, 11:52 PM   #11587
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Nice picture on the side, there, too. X]
Old 08-28-2011, 11:52 PM   #11588
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Goodness. Too many posts. Oi.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:54 PM   #11589
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianna Sterling View Post
I take forever in Weeping to reveal what Meera and Lacrimosa are, but I did it on purpose. My readers thus far have not complained
What are they?

Zoom: That is scary. And besides you were on our side. Tanks to target Germany please, thank you.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 08-28-2011, 11:54 PM   #11590
Thalia

Well, he has to suspect. Does the reader know?

Old 08-29-2011, 12:00 AM   #11591
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Yes, he suspects by... Chapter Eleven. And the reader knows very early on.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 08-29-2011, 12:02 AM   #11592
Zoombie
AW Moderator

Sorry, the Germans were desperate, so they tried to make more wacky stuff.

The Americans did build a flying tank though!

...it didn't work...

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 08-29-2011, 12:02 AM   #11593
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

Lisa, I repped you what they are. I know Tally knows what Meera is from critting my query, but I'm not sure if she knows what Lacrimosa is, and if she doesn't I wish to keep it that way until she reads.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:03 AM   #11594
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Okays.

ETA: Ari, I repped you back.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 08-29-2011, 12:08 AM   #11595
Thalia

I am pretty sure I *know* what Lacrimosa is, because I can remember knowing, but that was before I knew what Weeping was about so I don't remember it.

Old 08-29-2011, 12:09 AM   #11596
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

Well that works too, as far as I'm concerned, lol.

ETA: I always forget how tedious reorganizing my book cases really is.

Last edited by Kyla Laufreyson; 08-29-2011 at 12:23 AM.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:35 AM   #11597
KarlaErikaCal
YA romance writer in love with love

KarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Lisa, I'm giving you an example of the 3 Act Structure for one of my novels. CMRH is my best structured novel. Probably because I have distinct internal (romance) and external conflicts that play off one another.

*snipped*
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

Last edited by KarlaErikaCal; 08-29-2011 at 12:51 AM.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:38 AM   #11598
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Ooh, thanks, Karla, I'm keeping that.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 08-29-2011, 12:51 AM   #11599
KarlaErikaCal
YA romance writer in love with love

KarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
No problem, Lisa!
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

Old 08-29-2011, 12:55 AM   #11600
Thalia

What should I work on? Sweet As Sin or Dawning Glory?

Closed Thread