Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 06:41 PM   #9476
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Awwwww why arent you doing good?!

And i just started watching Torch wood... not that bad
WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
Old 08-17-2011, 06:44 PM   #9477
Allaboutwords13
You Snooze, You Lose!

Allaboutwords13 is well-respected
I'm about 3 episodes behind and so far it's hella confusing. Apparently, according to my mum who's been watching every week, it's in danger of becoming flat. Of not wrapping itself up properly. I miss the old TorchWood where it wasn't taken over by Americans (no offence) and was only filmed in Britain. *sigh*

"You know how it is in the kid's book world; it's just bunny eat bunny."
Old 08-17-2011, 06:54 PM   #9478
amlptj

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
no offence taken, us american usually just take over everything and turn it to crap... my prime example the american "being human" is nothing and horrible utter crap compared to the original british "being human"

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 08-17-2011, 07:00 PM   #9479
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Taylor_Writes has a spectacular auraTaylor_Writes has a spectacular aura
Yes... You do you're taking Heartland (it's starting to show down there now), and now you're remaking Being Erica... Gah. CBC needs to keep their own shows.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:01 PM   #9480
amlptj

i agree... we also took skins and turned it into crap

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 08-17-2011, 07:02 PM   #9481
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

IF THEY TAKE REPUBLIC OF DOYLE(which is shot less then an hour away from where I live) IM GOING TO FREAK. OUT.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:03 PM   #9482
Kyrie
Queen of Adverbs (unfortunately)

Kyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputation
Morning.

A Terror of Darkness: v. 4.0 - 67k - waiting for beta comments

And then I met a man called the Doctor. A man who could change his face. And he took me away from home in his magical machine. He showed me the whole of time and space. I thought it would never end.

BLOGGER! YOUTUBE!
Old 08-17-2011, 07:03 PM   #9483
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Goooooood morning!
Old 08-17-2011, 07:04 PM   #9484
amlptj

I havent ever heard of the show, so I think your safe.

Hi Ky! Hows it going?

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 08-17-2011, 07:05 PM   #9485
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

GOOD!
Old 08-17-2011, 07:06 PM   #9486
amlptj

hahahahah if we take the Inbetweeners, i'm seriously going to start a riot because i KNOW america would distroy that show and i just love it!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 08-17-2011, 07:17 PM   #9487
KarlaErikaCal
YA romance writer in love with love

KarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good morning!
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

Old 08-17-2011, 07:18 PM   #9488
amlptj

Hey Karla! Hows it going?

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 08-17-2011, 07:21 PM   #9489
Horserider
Ever onward

Horserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboutwords13 View Post
I'm about 3 episodes behind and so far it's hella confusing. Apparently, according to my mum who's been watching every week, it's in danger of becoming flat. Of not wrapping itself up properly. I miss the old TorchWood where it wasn't taken over by Americans (no offence) and was only filmed in Britain. *sigh*
No offense taken. I knew they were going to ruin it the moment I heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~Taylor~* View Post
Yes... You do you're taking Heartland (it's starting to show down there now), and now you're remaking Being Erica... Gah. CBC needs to keep their own shows.
We're taking Heartland? I haven't watched the old show yet because I read some of the episode summaries and it sounded like I'm way too loyal to the books to be able to watch it.

I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right. ~The Book Thief

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:
Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

Old 08-17-2011, 07:26 PM   #9490
Allaboutwords13
You Snooze, You Lose!

The other one you took was Shameless and Life on Mars. Not seen Shameless yet, but Life On Mars was total....crap. The actors were weird. lol. It's like... can your tv writers not come up with any ORIGINAL ideas? -.-

And OUCH! I was hoovering and banged one of my toenails. They're already growing backwards as it is! lol

Old 08-17-2011, 07:27 PM   #9491
amlptj

Oh i really love Shameless!!!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 08-17-2011, 07:32 PM   #9492
Allaboutwords13
You Snooze, You Lose!

I heard Skins got canned because there was trouble with all the sex scenes. HAHA.
Seriously? People need to research UK Skins before watching it. I used to watch the first season, (after Nicolas Hoult left, it wasn't the same) and it wouldn't be Skins without sex, drugs and... rock and roll! lol

Old 08-17-2011, 07:36 PM   #9493
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
I'm back.
Sherlock Holmes' Apprentice - MG Historical Mystery - On hold
Untitled - YA Paranormal Romance - Writing the first draft

Reading:
"Girlfriend in a Coma" - Douglas Coupland

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 08-17-2011, 07:37 PM   #9494
amlptj

Which is the reason that most american spin offs of british shows suck, America is very against sex, and cursing in shows.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 08-17-2011, 07:39 PM   #9495
Allaboutwords13
You Snooze, You Lose!

Ahh you need to live a little :P haha.
I'm surprised you guys created True Blood then, in that case! Very riske :P

And hey Lisa!

Old 08-17-2011, 07:39 PM   #9496
Horserider
Ever onward

Horserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboutwords13 View Post
It's like... can your tv writers not come up with any ORIGINAL ideas? -.-
Hahahahahaha you should see our movies. I wouldn't be surprised if 99% of the movies in production right now are either book adaptations, remakes, or sequels. I mean, they're remaking Dirty Dancin' and Footloose. It's ridiculous.

I honestly think they're scared to make original movies. Book adaptations, remakes, and sequels all come with built-in audiences. No one wants to create a movie that flops, so they're playing it safe instead of taking a risk.

I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right. ~The Book Thief

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:

Old 08-17-2011, 07:42 PM   #9497
amlptj

very true, HR!

Yeah see shows like True Blood, Weeds, Dexter, ect... they are all amazing because they break all the traditional TV rules because they are on Premium channels, that you have to pay to watch.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 08-17-2011, 07:42 PM   #9498
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
What about the rom-coms?

Though of lot of them lately don't seem very good.
Sherlock Holmes' Apprentice - MG Historical Mystery - On hold
Untitled - YA Paranormal Romance - Writing the first draft

Reading:
"Girlfriend in a Coma" - Douglas Coupland

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 08-17-2011, 07:46 PM   #9499
Allaboutwords13
You Snooze, You Lose!

Weeds was...weird. I never could watch it. Yeah, they make crappy remakes of tv shows, and then cancel good, original stuff. Like Gossip Girl. Sure, it's "based" on the books, but that's a good series. And they take SOOOO long between seasons, it's unreal! I'm seriously having withdrawal symptoms!
As my mum always says "they come up with crappy shows, and get rid of the good stuff!" Then again, we're sort of the same. Except we keep the crappy stuff, and keep making crappy stuff. Our soaps are the worst. It's like...I can't believe East-never-enders, Coronation Shit and Emmerdull are still going! haha like my adapted names? :P teehee

Old 08-17-2011, 07:47 PM   #9500
Horserider
Ever onward

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalulu09 View Post
What about the rom-coms?

Though of lot of them lately don't seem very good.
Rom-coms are excluded from that because they have a built-in audience. Also, they're formulaic so the majority are already lacking originality.

I know! It's very rare for me to watch a rom-com that I don't like, but I hated How Do You Know and No Strings Attached (there was one awesome line in that whole movie).

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:

Closed Thread