Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 10:53 AM   #9351
NoGuessing
Buzz

NoGuessing leaves trails of profuse coolnessNoGuessing leaves trails of profuse coolnessNoGuessing leaves trails of profuse coolnessNoGuessing leaves trails of profuse coolnessNoGuessing leaves trails of profuse coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrie View Post
I think the multiple spellings of Caitlin get top ranking.
Kieran wins hands down. My sister is also called Caitlyn.

My parents first names and our last name also get spelled wrong all the time too. We're really good at choosing names in our family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoombie View Post
My last name is Colby.

The family joke is that we changed it from Cheddar.
Haha.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:02 AM   #9352
Zoombie
Vengeful Crystaline Hawk 45C
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hey NG!

Random snip time!

Quote:
“Star Sergeant Xao,” She said. “You were drafted, is this correct?”

“Yes, I was.”

“During your time in training, did you learn about military tactics?”

“I did.” I shifted slightly. “The entire group did. We had the lectures beamed up from Earth. Professor Yu.”

“Furthermore, is it true that you became the first cadet to lead an actual squad in space? And that you personally are accredited with the formation of tactical groups known as stars?”

“No. I mean, yes, I mean…” I coughed, blushing. Shit. I looked at the judge out of the corner of my eyes. He was frowning slightly at me. I looked back at the lawyer. “I was the first to LEAD a star in combat exercises.”

It had made want to piss my suit…but if I hadn’t done it, what would have happened? Would someone else have stepped up and took charge and shoved an mining pick in the Sandcaster? Or would everyone have sat around gaping and gotten splattered.

“But I didn’t create the formation, that was designed by Dr. Yu and other g-groundside personal…”

“But they did not lead them in battle. You did.” The lawyer said, with a look that clearly said ‘work with me here’.

I sat up a little straighter. “T-That’s right, I did.”

She smiled ever so slightly, even as her opponent lawyer stood up. “Objection! Relevancy. What does this line of questioning have to do with the defendant?”

The judge shot a pointed looked at my lawyer. I felt for her. “Sustained.”

“Sergeant Xao is being called to testify on the actions of Daniel Lau. Her knowledge and skill at leading troops and space tactics are part of her testimony, not just her personal observations.”

“Objection!” Her opponent shot back. “Bias. Sergeant Xao has a personal bias against Daniel Lau.”

The judge frowned. “Do you have evidence for this claim?”

“Evidence B3, Visual recordings of Sergeant Xao verbally assaulting my client.”

I blinked. They’d gotten their hands on the com traffic between the Forge and the Hub? I would have thought that would be locked up tight, like most military communication. Maybe I shouldn’t have been so distracted by the lack of proper breathers in the room when evidence had been submitted.

“Objection, immaterial! Sergeant Xao was under duress at the time. This does not prove long term animosity or continual ill will.”

I was starting to lose track of who had objected to who.

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (43k/80k)

Invasion 2071 (With Editors)

Read my blog: Quantum Spin Plates

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 08-16-2011, 01:13 PM   #9353
Zoealea
Mmmm, caffeine.

Zoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolness
Right as I'm about to go to sleep, I get my Pottermore email. I guess I won't be sleeping tonight...

Detachable (NaNo novel)-
1.6k/50k

Old 08-16-2011, 02:00 PM   #9354
Imbroglio
PERPETUAL EXISTENTIAL CRISIS VICTIM

Imbroglio is a glorious beacon of lightImbroglio is a glorious beacon of lightImbroglio is a glorious beacon of light
Aww, man, that's awesome. Still waiting for mine. Lol.

CURRENTLY READING: Furies of Calderon|Boneshaker
Old 08-16-2011, 02:33 PM   #9355
Zoealea
Mmmm, caffeine.

Zoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolness
I just got sorted. I am so happy! *dances around*

Detachable (NaNo novel)-
1.6k/50k

Old 08-16-2011, 05:53 PM   #9356
Horserider
Ever onward

Horserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I had a dream last night that I got my Pottermore email.

I still haven't gotten it. *sighs*

I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right. ~The Book Thief

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:
Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

Old 08-16-2011, 05:54 PM   #9357
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
morning everyone! Hows your day going?
WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
Old 08-16-2011, 06:08 PM   #9358
amlptj

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
oh no i forgot my headphones!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! i'm not going to make it through the day!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 08-16-2011, 06:15 PM   #9359
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
This beach is gorgeous, man. Although my bed covers are ugly.

YAWN in 15 minutes, anyone?

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Old 08-16-2011, 06:20 PM   #9360
amlptj

SURE!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 08-16-2011, 06:35 PM   #9361
Thalia

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
So, we post at :30?

Old 08-16-2011, 06:39 PM   #9362
amlptj

good to me!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 08-16-2011, 07:07 PM   #9363
Thalia

Posted!

Old 08-16-2011, 07:29 PM   #9364
Zoealea
Mmmm, caffeine.

I got 3 hours of sleep. Agh.

Detachable (NaNo novel)-
1.6k/50k

Old 08-16-2011, 07:31 PM   #9365
Kyrie
Queen of Adverbs (unfortunately)

Kyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputation
Morning.

Is it just me, or is AW taking a very long time to load today?

A Terror of Darkness: v. 4.0 - 67k - waiting for beta comments

And then I met a man called the Doctor. A man who could change his face. And he took me away from home in his magical machine. He showed me the whole of time and space. I thought it would never end.

BLOGGER! YOUTUBE!
Old 08-16-2011, 07:35 PM   #9366
amlptj

want to do another round of YAWN at :30?

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 08-16-2011, 07:38 PM   #9367
Zoealea
Mmmm, caffeine.

It's taking a long time for me too, Ky.

Detachable (NaNo novel)-
1.6k/50k

Old 08-16-2011, 07:39 PM   #9368
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Taylor_Writes has a spectacular auraTaylor_Writes has a spectacular aura
Morning!

It's not taking a while for me...
Old 08-16-2011, 07:40 PM   #9369
amlptj

Hello Ky and Zoe, would you like to join in on the YAWNing?

ETA: Hi Taylor, same question goes to you too!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 08-16-2011, 08:11 PM   #9370
amlptj

Oh boo i think i killed the thread again...

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 08-16-2011, 08:16 PM   #9371
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

I'm leaving soon.. Won't be able to until this evening or so
Old 08-16-2011, 08:21 PM   #9372
amlptj

thats ok, actually now since its 12pm here i have to start doing work... boo...

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 08-16-2011, 08:51 PM   #9373
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Well, it turns out I'm not leaving, so... Yeah. Hah
Old 08-16-2011, 08:54 PM   #9374
amlptj

i hate work... i work at my college and they let all the IT students mess around with the internet for "experience" meainwhile screwing up my job because I NEED THE INTERNET! And my boss is out so i'm doing everything...

*head desk*

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 08-16-2011, 09:04 PM   #9375
Taylor_Writes