Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 10:41 PM   #9201
Allaboutwords13
You Snooze, You Lose!

Allaboutwords13 is well-respected
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoombie View Post
You know, if Harry was using D&D rules, this would be simpler...it's only 1,000 gold pieces to resurrect someone.
lol

"You know how it is in the kid's book world; it's just bunny eat bunny."
Old 08-15-2011, 10:41 PM   #9202
Zoealea
Mmmm, caffeine.

Zoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolness
I want to know why the deaths of all the minor characters effected people so much. I get it, because it happened to me (let's not even get me started on the deaths of Sirius and Lupin). But I wonder if there is some sort of psychological reason.

Detachable (NaNo novel)-
1.6k/50k

Old 08-15-2011, 10:42 PM   #9203
Zoombie
Vengeful Crystaline Hawk 45C
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
People like characters.

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (25k/80k)

Invasion 2071 (With Editors)

Read my blog: Quantum Spin Plates

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 08-15-2011, 10:44 PM   #9204
Kyrie
Queen of Adverbs (unfortunately)

Kyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputation
J. K. Rowling is miraculously good at fleshing out minor characters, that's why.

A Terror of Darkness: v. 4.0 - 67k - waiting for beta comments

And then I met a man called the Doctor. A man who could change his face. And he took me away from home in his magical machine. He showed me the whole of time and space. I thought it would never end.

BLOGGER! YOUTUBE!
Old 08-15-2011, 10:46 PM   #9205
Zoombie
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (25k/80k)

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 08-15-2011, 10:48 PM   #9206
MargoWest
the chart is not the sea

MargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputation
Firefox, chrome, that one whose exact name I can't remember, safari, and Internet explorer!
Old 08-15-2011, 10:48 PM   #9207
Zoealea
Mmmm, caffeine.

Zoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolness
Bahaha. I WONDER WHAT THE LAST ONE IS. 0_0

Detachable (NaNo novel)-
1.6k/50k

Old 08-15-2011, 10:49 PM   #9208
Allaboutwords13
You Snooze, You Lose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoealea View Post
I want to know why the deaths of all the minor characters effected people so much. I get it, because it happened to me (let's not even get me started on the deaths of Sirius and Lupin). But I wonder if there is some sort of psychological reason.
Well i cried when Dumbledore was killed (on screen and in the book) because he reminded me of my grandpa. It's funny, i barely knew my grandpa, yet I cried more for when he actually died, than i did for either my nan (who i knew too well and hated) and my dad. All i remember was he had a beard like Dumbledore, and left me $250 in his will, which my dad then took and spent. lol I was not happy!

Old 08-15-2011, 10:50 PM   #9209
Allaboutwords13
You Snooze, You Lose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargoWest View Post
Firefox, chrome, that one whose exact name I can't remember, safari, and Internet explorer!
Opera?

Old 08-15-2011, 10:52 PM   #9210
MargoWest
the chart is not the sea

MargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputation
Yes! I was thinking crescendo.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:54 PM   #9211
Horserider
Ever onward

Horserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Opera! I couldn't figure that one out because I don't hear about it much.

I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right. ~The Book Thief

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:
Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

Old 08-15-2011, 10:54 PM   #9212
Allaboutwords13
You Snooze, You Lose!

I have Opera, Firefox and Safari. I use Safari more, even though it's shit, because it uses less CPU. :/

Old 08-15-2011, 10:55 PM   #9213
Zoealea
Mmmm, caffeine.

I use Firefox, because it's boss.

Detachable (NaNo novel)-
1.6k/50k

Old 08-15-2011, 10:56 PM   #9214
Zoombie
AW Moderator

Yeah, the internet exploiter one cracked me up.

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 08-15-2011, 10:57 PM   #9215
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Taylor_Writes has a spectacular auraTaylor_Writes has a spectacular aura
...Internet Explorer.

And Google Chrome.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:57 PM   #9216
Horserider
Ever onward

Horserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I use Firefox too. I tried Chrome once. Downloaded it and opened it...and then it crashed within two minutes. Uninstalled it and returned to Firefox.

I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right. ~The Book Thief

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:

Old 08-15-2011, 10:58 PM   #9217
MargoWest
the chart is not the sea

I use chrome right now because I keep a lot of tabs open and safari and firefox kept dying on me.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:59 PM   #9218
Zoealea
Mmmm, caffeine.

I tried Chrome. It freaked me out.

Detachable (NaNo novel)-
1.6k/50k

Old 08-15-2011, 10:59 PM   #9219
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

My school uses Firefox... find it quite crappy. But it's just probably the schools network service thingymabobby.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:03 PM   #9220
Allaboutwords13
You Snooze, You Lose!

Haha, I'm having some real fun with my MC's best friend. He's so loud and funny. Hehe

Old 08-15-2011, 11:07 PM   #9221
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Okay, question: Am I the only one here who likes the Snape/Lily thing that JKR had going on? I'm reading loads of fanfiction about it :P
Old 08-15-2011, 11:07 PM   #9222
Horserider
Ever onward

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargoWest View Post
I use chrome right now because I keep a lot of tabs open and safari and firefox kept dying on me.
Really? I've been known to have thirty tabs open over two windows on Firefox before and never had a problem. At the moment I have 10.

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:

Old 08-15-2011, 11:09 PM   #9223
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
I'm using IE.
Untitled - YA Epic Fantasy - Writing the first draft

Reading:
"The Chronicles of Narnia: The Horse and his Boy" - CS Lewis

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 08-15-2011, 11:09 PM   #9224
Allaboutwords13
You Snooze, You Lose!

I found the Snape/Lily thing a little weird, but then in some ways, I never thought much of it before. So...
But there are so many weird fanfics out there. I mean... the Draco/Harry ships are SO wrong! haha

Old 08-15-2011, 11:11 PM   #9225
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

I thought it was sort of cute, when they were younger. Of course, when I think about it when they were teenagers, I think it's a little bit weird, but hey!
Closed Thread