Happy Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 11:11 PM   #9176
Zoombie
Vengeful Crystaline Hawk 45C
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I was in hot topic once.

I bought a shirt.

THE END

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (43k/80k)

Invasion 2071 (With Editors)

Read my blog: Quantum Spin Plates

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 08-15-2011, 11:11 PM   #9177
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Taylor_Writes has a spectacular auraTaylor_Writes has a spectacular aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalulu09 View Post
WHY DID THEY HAVE TO DIE???? D':
At first, Rowling said that instead of Tonks and Lupin, she was going to kill of Mr. Weasley. But then she made a last minute decision. Grrr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoombie View Post
Because war sucks?
Yes, totally. :P
Old 08-15-2011, 11:12 PM   #9178
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
well yeah, because i cant join in on the harry potter conversation. And they tend to go on all day... and i still want to talk to people!
WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
Old 08-15-2011, 11:12 PM   #9179
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
The worst deaths for me were them, Fred and Dobby.
Sherlock Holmes' Apprentice - MG Historical Mystery - On hold
Untitled - YA Paranormal Romance - Writing the first draft

Reading:
"Girlfriend in a Coma" - Douglas Coupland

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 08-15-2011, 11:14 PM   #9180
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookgirl2021 View Post
Alan Rickman is probably my favorite actor in the HP movies. Especially in his death scene/memories. *sniffles*
YES! Definitely.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:14 PM   #9181
Elysium
believe

Location: In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvania other times
Elysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Wait...Snape dies?!

UNFAIR
A Dark Retelling of Snow White
Old 08-15-2011, 11:15 PM   #9182
MargoWest
the chart is not the sea

MargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputation
Know who else amazing was in the Harry Potter movies?

Kenneth friggin Branagh!
Old 08-15-2011, 11:15 PM   #9183
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalulu09 View Post
The worst deaths for me were them, Fred and Dobby.
Feeds was pretty... Bad for me. But Tonks and Lupin are definitely top spot.

I was shocked with Snapes, and then his memories made me cry out my eyes.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:15 PM   #9184
Zoombie
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
JKR had a semi-unique opportunity to literally have an audience grow up with her books.

There is a reason why the deaths of Tonks and Lupin and everyone else who bought it will be more effecting than, say, anyone I ever kill in any of my books: Years and years of fandom and enjoyment, most of them in the formative years of the reader's lives.

In other words, JKR got LUCKY...and then USED IT WELL.

Anyone can get lucky, but only a smart and clever person can use it to the full effect.

And JKR did!

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (43k/80k)

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 08-15-2011, 11:17 PM   #9185
Allaboutwords13
You Snooze, You Lose!

Allaboutwords13 is well-respected
I can't believe they died. WHY WHY WHY?! Why couldn't Harry have died? lol jokes. I wonder what would have happened if he had, and Voldymoldy had won and he ran the school? Hmmm... that's like a whole new world someone should invest in writing!

"You know how it is in the kid's book world; it's just bunny eat bunny."
Old 08-15-2011, 11:17 PM   #9186
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Agh. Too many posts to keep up with.

SLOW. DOWN.

Thank you.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:18 PM   #9187
Kyrie
Queen of Adverbs (unfortunately)

Kyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputation
ELY YOU HAVE NOT READ HARRY POTTER YET?!?!?!?

You should, ah, get on that.

Also... shield your eyes from the spoilers!!!

A Terror of Darkness: v. 4.0 - 67k - waiting for beta comments

And then I met a man called the Doctor. A man who could change his face. And he took me away from home in his magical machine. He showed me the whole of time and space. I thought it would never end.

BLOGGER! YOUTUBE!
Old 08-15-2011, 11:18 PM   #9188
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

I had an idea to write something from the bad dudes POV. Or someone like Snape was.

Fun stuff.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:19 PM   #9189
Allaboutwords13
You Snooze, You Lose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookgirl2021 View Post
Alan Rickman is probably my favorite actor in the HP movies. Especially in his death scene/memories. *sniffles*
When i first saw part 2, i actually cried out "NO!" literally a second before voldemort hit that spell on Snape. lol I was like "oops, did i say that out loud?" hahaha
But I cried in the book and I cried to the film. Alan Rickman deserved an Oscar for that performance as well as the memories scene!

Old 08-15-2011, 11:22 PM   #9190
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Yes, about the spoilers We should've put up a warning or something. Haha.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:23 PM   #9191
Zoombie
AW Moderator

I had an idea!

A group of nerdy high schoolers are cosplaying at a local comic con when an alien invasion knocks the world on it's back...and their costumes are so convincing that the aliens take them for other extraterrestrials and try to kill them. But when they realize they're just a bunch of kids in a costume, they suddenly have a brill idea.

See, the invasion wasn't exactly popular in the galaxy - being launched on false pretenses - and so they have the kids dress up again and pose as the "evil dictators" that were running the Earth, which they have now "liberated".

Can our heroes get the truth out on the galactic scene without being vaporized?

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 08-15-2011, 11:24 PM   #9192
Allaboutwords13
You Snooze, You Lose!

Oooh Zoombie, that sounds awesome!

Old 08-15-2011, 11:26 PM   #9193
Zoombie
AW Moderator

I was inspired by Galaxy Quest!

If you even slightly like science fiction - especially Star Trek - then you kind of need to see this movie.

And even if you don't, it has ALAN RICKMAN!

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 08-15-2011, 11:27 PM   #9194
Allaboutwords13
You Snooze, You Lose!

I LOVED Galaxy Quest, but from what I remember, it didn't do that well on the cinema. It's like... the funniest spacey movie ever. IMO.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:29 PM   #9195
Elysium
believe

Location: In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvania other times
Elysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Kyrie - *shields eyes* Haha and yeah I should.

UNFAIR
A Dark Retelling of Snow White
Old 08-15-2011, 11:29 PM   #9196
Zoombie
AW Moderator

Lots of great comedies don't do well.

Like Mystery Men!

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 08-15-2011, 11:30 PM   #9197
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

YAY ALAN RICKMAN!

ETA: Little slow there, Taylor.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:33 PM   #9198
Allaboutwords13
You Snooze, You Lose!

I love Alan Rickman, but in some ways, ever since he started playing Snape, I can't help but relate the role with everything else he's played in since. Either he actually plays them similar, or it's just my ears deceiving me. Then again, he does have that kind of voice, doesn't he? *waits for silence* lol

Old 08-15-2011, 11:34 PM   #9199
Horserider
Ever onward

Horserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*runs to catch up*

Alan Rickman is incredible. I don't think anyone could have done as great a job with Snape as him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
Wait...Snape dies?!
Sorry.

Yes.

I cried. A lot.

GO READ THE BOOKS. RIGHT NOW. NOW. SERIOUSLY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboutwords13 View Post
I can't believe they died. WHY WHY WHY?! Why couldn't Harry have died? lol jokes. I wonder what would have happened if he had, and Voldymoldy had won and he ran the school? Hmmm... that's like a whole new world someone should invest in writing!
Lupin and Tonks are the only deaths that my brain still hasn't accepted. I cried so hard...

I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right. ~The Book Thief

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:
Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

Old 08-15-2011, 11:37 PM   #9200
Zoombie
AW Moderator

You know, if Harry was using D&D rules, this would be simpler...it's only 1,000 gold pieces to resurrect someone.

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Closed Thread