Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 08:23 AM   #7651
chocowrites
scaredy cat

chocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrie View Post
Ours used to have epic cinnamon buns. But no longer.
How sad ): We still have them...

And I don't have AIM so no word warring for me...
Old 08-08-2011, 08:27 AM   #7652
KarlaErikaCal
YA romance writer in love with love

KarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
We can always word war on here. FWS maybe? But it doesn't have to be FWS
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

Old 08-08-2011, 08:28 AM   #7653
Zoealea
Mmmm, caffeine.

Zoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolness
It doesn't *have* to be AIM. It's just easier to keep track of word scores if it's over some sort of IM program like AIM or Skype.

ETA-I know I'm possibly one of the last people on here to know what it is, but what's FWS?

Detachable (NaNo novel)-
1.6k/50k

Old 08-08-2011, 08:29 AM   #7654
Zoombie
Vengeful Crystaline Hawk 45C
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
If you play Starcraft 2, this will be hilarious.

If not, then not.

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (43k/80k)

Invasion 2071 (With Editors)

Read my blog: Quantum Spin Plates

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 08-08-2011, 08:33 AM   #7655
KarlaErikaCal

KarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I should keep track of a description that I copy/paste every time someone asks lol.

FWS = Fun Writing Session

We set a time frame to write. Then we come back here to post how many words we wrote and up to five sentences of your favorite part of what you just wrote.
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

Old 08-08-2011, 08:37 AM   #7656
chocowrites
scaredy cat

chocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentschocowrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm up for FWS!
Old 08-08-2011, 08:38 AM   #7657
Zoealea
Mmmm, caffeine.

Zoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolness
Ooo. I'm game for doing that.

Detachable (NaNo novel)-
1.6k/50k

Old 08-08-2011, 08:38 AM   #7658
Imbroglio
PERPETUAL EXISTENTIAL CRISIS VICTIM

Imbroglio is a glorious beacon of lightImbroglio is a glorious beacon of lightImbroglio is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
She bumped into a drunk-looking man with a mug of beer in his hand; Alesca side-stepped the stream of golden-brown liquid that spilled down toward her as a result.
I just got called Meyer-esque because of my usage of the phrase/color "golden-brown."

CURRENTLY READING: Furies of Calderon|Boneshaker
Old 08-08-2011, 08:42 AM   #7659
KarlaErikaCal

What? Really, Glo? That makes no sense at all...

And how about we start FWS at :15 and go to :45 or all the way to :00?
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

Old 08-08-2011, 08:44 AM   #7660
chocowrites
scaredy cat

That's kind of ridiculous, glo.

I'm up for :00
Old 08-08-2011, 08:46 AM   #7661
KarlaErikaCal

Okay! Let's start!
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

Old 08-08-2011, 08:46 AM   #7662
Imbroglio

Imbroglio is a glorious beacon of lightImbroglio is a glorious beacon of lightImbroglio is a glorious beacon of light
Aight! I'm in too!

Old 08-08-2011, 08:48 AM   #7663
Zoealea
Mmmm, caffeine.

gaaaaaah. *runs with a spear towards LL*

Detachable (NaNo novel)-
1.6k/50k

Old 08-08-2011, 08:50 AM   #7664
Zoombie
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Am I in?

I don't know...maybe. Yes, sure!

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (43k/80k)

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 08-08-2011, 09:29 AM   #7665
KarlaErikaCal

I had to stop because I remembered I was supposed to be doing hw tonight. Meep.

I got 400ish words in 30 minutes. I ended up copy/pasting something in, and I didn't keep track of the specifics.

This is my fave part:

Quote:
I mean, he gave me no signs, so I doubted he remembered I was the seven-year-old girl he met at Millennium Park so many years ago.

"Do you want to go for a walk? Millennium Park, maybe?" he asked.

Oh wow. Could he actually know me from before?

"Let's go."

GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

Old 08-08-2011, 09:34 AM   #7666
Zoealea
Mmmm, caffeine.

I only got 287 because I only wrote for the last 5 minutes. None of the lines really stand out to me as ones that I like.

Anybody up for going again?

Detachable (NaNo novel)-
1.6k/50k

Old 08-08-2011, 09:34 AM   #7667
Zoombie
AW Moderator

876 on Junkyard Knights, a book I've wanted to write for a while.

The opening!

Quote:
The sound of a battering ram shattering a door, screams, gunshots and sirens woke me up three hours before my alarm clock was supposed to. I rolled out of bed, then under it and put my hands over my head.

Great. This was the fifth OS raid this month.

Corp-cops were thudding around a floor overhead, shooting and throwing flashbangs in rooms. They weren’t aiming for anyone in particular, but someone started shirking with pain as they caught a bullet. Computers and darkcasters were getting smashed to bits and I kept my head down until an officer stepped into my room.

He looked like everyone backed by a corp: Fat and tall. His uniform was buglike, and his gun was an old MP5. He didn’t have night vision, but he was a corp-cop, and that meant there was enough magic in his helmet to heat my apartment for a week. He saw me.

He twitched the gun in the direction of my bed.

“Out, hands first or I’ll blow you full of holes.”

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 08-08-2011, 09:41 AM   #7668
chocowrites
scaredy cat

821, woot woot. So much of it is interior monologue, though.

Quote:
“But I do love motorcycles. I love the vroom vroom sound they make. I wish I could just go around making that sound all the time.”
Old 08-08-2011, 09:41 AM   #7669
Imbroglio

I got about 514 words, a little distracted by some of my surroundings.

Fave part.
Quote:
“Fine!” Callie said, wanting desperately to physically harm the woman in front of her. She couldn't shake the image of her own fingernails sinking into Nina's face and ripping fresh flesh onto the blood red floor below. The pulsing was relentless.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:45 AM   #7670
KarlaErikaCal

Okay, I'm adding to the description that we'll rep our comments. I realized that it's different than YAWN because our snips are shorter, so it's easier to rep everyone, which was the point of FWS - reading short snips.
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

Old 08-08-2011, 09:48 AM   #7671
Zoombie
AW Moderator

It's a good thing I rep by reflex!

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 08-08-2011, 09:49 AM   #7672
KarlaErikaCal

I got the idea since you repped me Zoom lol
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

Old 08-08-2011, 09:52 AM   #7673
chocowrites
scaredy cat

And thanks to FWS, I've just hit 20k. Longest I've gotten into a novel for a year.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:53 AM   #7674
KarlaErikaCal

WOOT WOOT! Gratz choco!

ETA: I'm off to bed. Nice playing FWS with you guys! G'night!

ETA 2: P.S. I ended up not doing hw...oh well lol
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

Old 08-08-2011, 09:55 AM   #7675
Zoealea
Mmmm, caffeine.

So for those who're staying up, do you want to go again from :30 to :00?

And, G'night Karla!

Detachable (NaNo novel)-
1.6k/50k

Closed Thread