Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 03:21 AM   #5976
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! I really really want adobe illustrator but its freaking $600!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!???? No way!
WiP Re-write of first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
Old 07-22-2011, 03:23 AM   #5977
Kyrie
Queen of Adverbs (unfortunately)

Kyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parametric View Post
Well, if you really need something to make fun of, I do seem to have some gibberish to send you ...
Oh pish tosh.

A Terror of Darkness: v. 4.0 - 67k - waiting for beta comments

And then I met a man called the Doctor. A man who could change his face. And he took me away from home in his magical machine. He showed me the whole of time and space. I thought it would never end.

BLOGGER! YOUTUBE!
Old 07-22-2011, 03:25 AM   #5978
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
*has adobe illustrator cs3*

what do you need it for, Ally?

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Old 07-22-2011, 03:27 AM   #5979
amlptj

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
That's how I made my book covers but it was on a free trial....

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 07-22-2011, 03:28 AM   #5980
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
Oh, I use Photoshop.

Hmm... you could download Gimp, it's free.

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Old 07-22-2011, 03:29 AM   #5981
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

Kyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admiration
More motivation to finish this scene: there is cake in my kitchen. I can eat a piece post-completion.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:31 AM   #5982
amlptj

I tried Gimp, it cant handle vectors either can photoshop which i have. I need something that can minipulate and use vectors, as in silhouette vectors

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 07-22-2011, 03:33 AM   #5983
Keagerz
He Who Plays With Dolls

Keagerz is a shiny, shiny jewelKeagerz is a shiny, shiny jewel
Ally, you can try this http://inkscape.org/index.php?lang=en

I've never used it as I don't work with vectors, but it seems pretty decent, and it's free.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:33 AM   #5984
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrie View Post
Oh pish tosh.
Awesome! What shall I send over? You can have a stabbing at 2500 words, a car crash at 4500 words, ninjas arrive shortly thereafter ...
Old 07-22-2011, 03:35 AM   #5985
amlptj

hahahaha tried that one too but thank you!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 07-22-2011, 03:35 AM   #5986
Kyrie

Kyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputation
Quote:
Awesome! What shall I send over? You can have a stabbing at 2500 words, a car crash at 4500 words, ninjas arrive shortly thereafter ...
Haha, sounds fun. Howsabout up to the car crash?

And then I met a man called the Doctor. A man who could change his face. And he took me away from home in his magical machine. He showed me the whole of time and space. I thought it would never end.

BLOGGER! YOUTUBE!
Old 07-22-2011, 03:37 AM   #5987
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrie View Post
Haha, sounds fun. Howsabout up to the car crash?
An excellent choice, sir. I shall send it along forthwith!
Old 07-22-2011, 03:41 AM   #5988
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

Kyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admiration
The scene is complete. I am going to eat cake.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:46 AM   #5989
Keagerz
He Who Plays With Dolls

Hooray for cake!

Grr. I can't figure out how to open my novel. I know how I want the beginning to go, just can't figure out a good opening spot. >.<;
Old 07-22-2011, 03:47 AM   #5990
Kyrie

Quote:
An excellent choice, sir. I shall send it along forthwith!
Lol. Can't wait to read it!

BLOGGER! YOUTUBE!
Old 07-22-2011, 03:49 AM   #5991
Bookgirl2021
A place where dreams are born

Location: In your head. I'm the little voice you hear all the time. And you thought that was your conscience!
Bookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Enjoy your cake, Ari!

And now I'm going to a potluck open house. I'll be back in a couple of hours, probably.

Awaking Melody: FINISHED! (12/26/13)
Mirror Effect: 2/65K

OLS: Editing

My Website/Personal Blog
A BookGirl's Reviews
Old 07-22-2011, 03:52 AM   #5992
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

I believe you'll figure it out, Keag
Old 07-22-2011, 03:52 AM   #5993
amlptj

Ah whatever i'm just going to download the trial then see if later my boyfriend can download me a copy

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 07-22-2011, 03:54 AM   #5994
Keagerz
He Who Plays With Dolls

Thanks Ari! How is cake?!

I think I'm going to start with a humorous opening, instead of going straight into conflict like the original opening was.

And have fun, BG!
Old 07-22-2011, 03:57 AM   #5995
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

Cake is delicious and I totally approve of funny openings

ETA: Took everything but my current projects out of my siggy. It may be smaller, but I think I like it better.

Last edited by Kyla Laufreyson; 07-22-2011 at 04:08 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:35 AM   #5996
Keagerz
He Who Plays With Dolls

Ari, the colors you chose remind me of Macaroni and Cheese.

Or maybe I'm that hungry...
Old 07-22-2011, 05:37 AM   #5997
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

Macaroni and cheese is delicious.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:55 AM   #5998
Keagerz
He Who Plays With Dolls

AGREED. <3

Now is is my food. D:< I haven't eaten anything all day.

ETA: LOL THE PIZZA GUY IS IN MY HOUSE. FOOD IS HERE.

Last edited by Keagerz; 07-22-2011 at 05:58 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:59 AM   #5999
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

Hooray for food!
Old 07-22-2011, 06:06 AM   #6000
OTWOV
is Learning to Fly: solo

OTWOV is on a distinguished road
hey guys, and girls