Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 12:18 AM   #5726
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

Kyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admiration
Thanks, Lisa

Oh god...Captain Planet, why.

I never watched Star Trek. Stargate, sure, but no Star Trek.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:18 AM   #5727
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 is a splendid one to beholdlisalulu09 is a splendid one to beholdlisalulu09 is a splendid one to behold
I used to have a weird thing about watching Star Trek when I was a kid. I can't remember any of it, though.
The Pages of My Heart - YA Contemporary Romance - On hold

Reading:
"Starcrossed" - Josephine Angelini

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 07-21-2011, 12:18 AM   #5728
Kyrie
Queen of Adverbs (unfortunately)

Kyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputationKyrie has a double-platinum reputation
Whichever is the old Star Trek movie with the whales, I like that one. Especially the bit where Scotty is trying to use an old fashioned computer. "Oh, a keyboard. How quaint."

Quote:
Apart from the evil woman villain tempting the heroic men with her evil womanly wiles.
There always seems to be one of those.

ETA: How about Starship, Ari?

A Terror of Darkness: v. 4.0 - 67k - waiting for beta comments

And then I met a man called the Doctor. A man who could change his face. And he took me away from home in his magical machine. He showed me the whole of time and space. I thought it would never end.

BLOGGER! YOUTUBE!
Old 07-21-2011, 12:20 AM   #5729
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 is a splendid one to beholdlisalulu09 is a splendid one to beholdlisalulu09 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianna Sterling View Post
Thanks, Lisa

Oh god...Captain Planet, why.

I never watched Star Trek. Stargate, sure, but no Star Trek.
I envy your productiveness.

There is no way I'm going to write just over 20K in two weeks, even with all nighters.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 07-21-2011, 12:31 AM   #5730
Zoombie
Vengeful Crystaline Hawk 45C
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parametric View Post
Yeah, the Star Trek movie was fun. We also watched the 1996 Star Trek movie First Contact recently and that was pretty good too. Apart from the evil woman villain tempting the heroic men with her evil womanly wiles.

ARTHRARG

Don't get me STARTED on First Contact's fucking of the Borg.

So, we have this eerie race. They're a collective of cyborgs that seek only expand...they have no central person to reason with, no one to assassinate, no ONE place to-

Oh wait, we'll just give them a queen that makes them all die.

...what?

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (being planned)

Invasion 2071 (With Editors)

Read my blog: Quantum Spin Plates

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 07-21-2011, 12:40 AM   #5731
KarlaErikaCal
YA romance writer in love with love

KarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Just dropping by super quickly. Para, if you're around, I've figured out my problem, so you don't have to reply. Sorry for bugging ya!
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

Old 07-21-2011, 12:41 AM   #5732
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

Kyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admiration
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrie View Post
ETA: How about Starship, Ari?

I...am totally lost on how to respond to this

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalulu09 View Post
I envy your productiveness.

There is no way I'm going to write just over 20K in two weeks, even with all nighters.
Honestly, I wouldn't be nearly this productive if I didn't have two people who are absolutely in love with Weeping who keep ordering me to write more.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:44 AM   #5733
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Hmm.. how are these two people. I may need to go find people that will fall in love with Suns and Stars.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 07-21-2011, 12:44 AM   #5734
Bookgirl2021
A place where dreams are born

Location: In your head. I'm the little voice you hear all the time. And you thought that was your conscience!
Bookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrie View Post
Whichever is the old Star Trek movie with the whales, I like that one. Especially the bit where Scotty is trying to use an old fashioned computer. "Oh, a keyboard. How quaint."
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home. ... Okay, maybe I am just a *little* bit of a Trekkie, but not really.

Awaking Melody: FINISHED! (12/26/13)
Mirror Effect: 2/65K

OLS: Editing

My Website/Personal Blog
A BookGirl's Reviews
Old 07-21-2011, 12:53 AM   #5735
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Only Tristan and Dulcie could turn buying skinny jeans into a challange...

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 07-21-2011, 12:53 AM   #5736
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

Lisa, they're just two friends of mine that I knew were into the sort of fiction I write, so I threw it at them one day and they've been demanding ever since. Go find a few buddies to do that for you--it can seriously help!
Old 07-21-2011, 12:54 AM   #5737
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Okay, I'll see how I go, Ari.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 07-21-2011, 12:56 AM   #5738
Bookgirl2021

Location: In your head. I'm the little voice you hear all the time. And you thought that was your conscience!
Bookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sometimes you can find them right here on TWFT. ... I did.

My Website/Personal Blog
A BookGirl's Reviews
Old 07-21-2011, 01:00 AM   #5739
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
I love Star Trek. The original series, though. Spock.

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Old 07-21-2011, 01:00 AM   #5740
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Okay, I'll see what happens when I post the query letter in QLH and on here with future projects.

ETA: I think Wrock is helping with motivation, though.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 07-21-2011, 01:03 AM   #5741
Thalia

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
I think TRL's the kind of book that has to be written over months or even years. It's really tough to write all of a sudden. I think I'm going to get some work done on a different project.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:07 AM   #5742
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Oh, dear, Tally.

Headbanging to wrock is too much fun. Suriusly.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 07-21-2011, 01:18 AM   #5743
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

Instead of writing (gotta get over that nausea) I am now organizing my 38 gigs of music to figure out how many songs I have. Do I want to know? The answer is probably not.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:24 AM   #5744
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

At the moment, I have 2105 songs on my iTunes. And I have films, a TV show and podcasts.

I still want new music. *loves music and iTunes*

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 07-21-2011, 01:26 AM   #5745
Bookgirl2021

My s key is sticking and it's driving me crazy!

My Website/Personal Blog
A BookGirl's Reviews
Old 07-21-2011, 01:28 AM   #5746
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

I'm pretty sure I've got at least 9,000 songs. But we'll see when I'm finished with all the organization--granted, that could take a few days.

ETA: I hate it when keys stick :/
Old 07-21-2011, 01:39 AM   #5747
Thalia

There is a tiny, baby, hint of a possibility of an SNI crawling up to me. It's a totally superficial plot, too, unless...

Damn. No, I think I'll just go with the superficial plot.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:41 AM   #5748
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

Superficial plot? How so?
Old 07-21-2011, 01:51 AM   #5749
Thalia

Well, I don't know.

It's like... The Clique meets Artemis Fowl.

Man, that's even weirder than I thought it would be.

ETA: Hey, have you read anymore MAAH?

Old 07-21-2011, 01:55 AM   #5750
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

That sounds....strangely compelling.

And I haven't. Why haven't I? I don't even know. I keep thinking about it, too, and meaning to get to it, and then just not. I should really do that. Especially since I was enjoying what I'd read of it.