Happy Thanksgiving JPG

Happy Thanksgiving!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 03:10 AM   #3326
The Kidd
Not an actual kid...or goat.

The Kidd has a golden reputationThe Kidd has a golden reputationThe Kidd has a golden reputationThe Kidd has a golden reputationThe Kidd has a golden reputationThe Kidd has a golden reputation
When I was growing up I always wanted a mail box because we got our mail at the post office and now that I have one I hate going to the road to get the mail XD I'm so freakin strange.

WIP:
Miraculous Mr. D: MG Fantasy>: 36k/45k

(Untitled Kelpie story) Paranormal Romance>: 3.5k/50k

Old 06-29-2011, 03:12 AM   #3327
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
Okay, I'll be in bed by then, so can you PM me it or something please?

I want my first dance to be 'God Only Knows' by The Beach Boys or 'Just Like Heaven' by The Cure - two of my favourite love songs of ALL TIME.
Sherlock Holmes' Apprentice - MG Historical Mystery - On hold
Untitled - YA Paranormal Romance - Writing the first draft

Reading:
"Girlfriend in a Coma" - Douglas Coupland

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 06-29-2011, 03:12 AM   #3328
KarlaErikaCal
YA romance writer in love with love

KarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
WOOT WOOT. I has written 868 words so far today. That's like 12x more than I wrote yesterday lol. I need to do a 15 minute WoD sprint now
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

Old 06-29-2011, 03:13 AM   #3329
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
Yay! Karla!

I think Glee would be good for NaNo if I ever do it again. It helped SO much earlier!

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 06-29-2011, 03:14 AM   #3330
The Kidd

The Kidd has a golden reputationThe Kidd has a golden reputationThe Kidd has a golden reputationThe Kidd has a golden reputationThe Kidd has a golden reputationThe Kidd has a golden reputation
Another bill that I really can't pay right now. Le' sigh.

WIP:

Old 06-29-2011, 03:15 AM   #3331
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Watching Will dancing to The Thong Song is making me go, WTF??? I think I may be scarred for life.

ETA: Rachael/Puck? What the hell???

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr

Last edited by lisalulu09; 06-29-2011 at 03:19 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:45 AM   #3332
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
Rachel/Puck (not Rachael, remember~! Rachel), otherwise known as Puckleberry, is my OTP. I mean, I love Finchel like a fish loves water, but Puckleberry is just... I can't even. They're a couple of hot Jews, it's natural!

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Old 06-29-2011, 03:59 AM   #3333
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

Kyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admiration
Hiya guys

Realized earlier I forgot a piece of lore that applies to Weeping, so now I get to go through every single word of it thus far and make sure I didn't actually disregard it in-text. Fuuuuuuun times.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:00 AM   #3334
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

I am going to bed. PM me that banner.

Onto Disc Three tomorrow.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 06-29-2011, 04:05 AM   #3335
Thalia

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
Oh, Ari, that's the whole point of first drafts. Just keep writing, and during revisions, keep a notebook to record any inconsistencies and then change them.

Old 06-29-2011, 04:08 AM   #3336
The Kidd

Ok. I'm done spiffing up the house and stressing over the bills. I can get back to editing.

WIP:

Old 06-29-2011, 04:08 AM   #3337
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

Kyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admiration
It's just a tiny thing, so I don't mind checking. Have to make sure he didn't do one specific thing. Then I will write more--finally managed the first kiss last night, so I get to move on to the exciting things that come next. I've been sooooo impatient to get to this part.

How are things on your end?
Old 06-29-2011, 04:17 AM   #3338
The Kidd

Going back to first dances ours was : As the World Falls Down by David Bowie

WIP:

Old 06-29-2011, 04:20 AM   #3339
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

David Bowie <3
Old 06-29-2011, 04:26 AM   #3340
The Kidd

I remember practicing the dance for hours. That day was the craziest of my life.

WIP:

Old 06-29-2011, 04:30 AM   #3341
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

I can imagine
Old 06-29-2011, 04:38 AM   #3342
KarlaErikaCal
YA romance writer in love with love

KarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
So close to 2K! like 146 words away

I am on a rollllll!
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

Old 06-29-2011, 04:42 AM   #3343
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

Woo! GO, KARLA, GO!
Old 06-29-2011, 04:43 AM   #3344
Ivi942
practical experience, FTW

Ivi942 is on a distinguished road
What is a first dance exactly?
Old 06-29-2011, 04:55 AM   #3345
The Kidd

Your first dance with your husband/wife is what I was referring* to

Blah. I really need a crit partner/beta reader but I'm so ashamed at my punctuation mistakes.

WIP:

Old 06-29-2011, 04:58 AM   #3346
Thalia

This article at WSJ online has me angrier than I've been in months. If I hadn't had YA novels, my ED might have landed me in the hospital-- or worse. Because of YA, I had something to reassure me that it was okay to feel the way I felt, and that it gets better.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:01 AM   #3347
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

Oh, that thing about how dark and evil it is, you mean? That article already made me rage.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:01 AM   #3348
The Kidd

Calm down hun. Can you give us a link to the article? I want to take a look. Or are you talking about the one that has been going around. There was a pretty long thread about it here in the YA section I think?

WIP:

Old 06-29-2011, 05:07 AM   #3349
Thalia

Yeah, she wrote a follow-up to defend her point. http://online.wsj.com/article_email/...DEyNDgyWj.html

Old 06-29-2011, 05:08 AM   #3350
parumpdragon
chicken, well its cousin that is

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
So lost!

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!

Last edited by parumpdragon; 06-29-2011 at 05:17 AM.
Closed Thread