Happy Thanksgiving JPG

Happy Thanksgiving!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 08:40 PM   #27576
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
And now I'm deciding whether to shower or start writing.

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Old 03-11-2012, 09:53 PM   #27577
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Taylor_Writes has a spectacular auraTaylor_Writes has a spectacular aura
I guess I should start to study now... Seeing how the test IS tomorrow.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:13 PM   #27578
Thalia

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
Done the prologue/preface of Sherlockettes~ I love it! It will need work, of course, but my villain is such a little sociopath while not being one at the same time.

Final paragraph of prologue:

Quote:
She turned to the two bodyguards behind her. “Deal with that,” she said, gesturing vaguely toward the corpse as she walked down the street. “I have a summer reading assignment to finish.”

Old 03-11-2012, 10:20 PM   #27579
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Taylor_Writes has a spectacular auraTaylor_Writes has a spectacular aura
Hahaha I love it
Old 03-11-2012, 10:29 PM   #27580
Thalia

Thanks! I'm going to work on Chapter 1 now.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:55 PM   #27581
CharacterInWhite
Kind of a big deal

CharacterInWhite has a spectacular aura
You're getting me all excited for Sherlockettes. :P

Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Old 03-11-2012, 11:00 PM   #27582
Thalia

Awesome! I'm very excited too. Now I introduce my main cast of characters by name.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:06 AM   #27583
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
Hi, guys.
Sherlock Holmes' Apprentice - MG Historical Mystery - On hold
Untitled - YA Paranormal Romance - Writing the first draft

Reading:
"Girlfriend in a Coma" - Douglas Coupland

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 03-12-2012, 02:14 AM   #27584
e.l
figuring it all out

e.l is on a distinguished road
Hi, I'm new here... is this just a general chat thread? *noob*
Old 03-12-2012, 02:15 AM   #27585
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
Yes.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 03-12-2012, 02:19 AM   #27586
Thalia

Hey there! Yup, it's basically a general chat thread, but it centers on writing a lot, especially teen writers- hence the title!

I'm Tally! I'm fifteen. I'm about to go onstage for a show, so I won't reply, but here are the three traditional TWFT questions for newbies!

1. What's your name/what do you want to be called?
2. How old are you?
3. What genre(s) do you write?

Old 03-12-2012, 02:20 AM   #27587
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

TALLY, IS THAT AMANA BRYNES IN HAIRSPRAY?

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 03-12-2012, 02:21 AM   #27588
MysteryRiter
Murder isn't so bad...

MysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudge
That's a killer opening. Just make that section your query letter and nothing else. You'll get tons of requests for that alone!
Old 03-12-2012, 02:23 AM   #27589
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
You're in Bristol? My favourite place!
Old 03-12-2012, 02:24 AM   #27590
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

I'm going to plot in a minute.

I had a crisis this morning.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 03-12-2012, 02:26 AM   #27591
e.l
figuring it all out

Haha, awesome! I'm Eleanor, or El, I'm 18 and I write fantasy. Usually urban fantasy, but I'm not sure if my current project is one or not.

Um, so how is everyone?

EDIT: Yep, I live just outside Bristol. Going into the city tomorrow; apparently it's mother's day soon...
Old 03-12-2012, 02:28 AM   #27592
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Hi! I'm Lisa, 19, and I write contempary and fantasy YA.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 03-12-2012, 02:29 AM   #27593
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good to meet you! I lived in Bristol for three happy years - graduated the summer before last. My urban fantasy is set there.

And yes, Mother's Day is this Sunday. I'd better get something for my mum.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:31 AM   #27594
Zoombie
Vengeful Crystaline Hawk 45C
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome, good meetings, salutations!

Para is smart, you should listen to everything she says EXCEPT for when she's talking about her own work, because she never says how good it is.

(Para writes REALLY really really...really really...really...good.)

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (43k/80k)

Invasion 2071 (With Editors)

Read my blog: Quantum Spin Plates

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 03-12-2012, 02:32 AM   #27595
e.l
figuring it all out

Hi! I've had a few plot crises recently, what happened with yours?

And I've had two MCs living in Bristol, although both are rather nomadic in the way they move around the country, so in both occasions it was brief.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:38 AM   #27596
Zoombie
Vengeful Crystaline Hawk 45C
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm working on my Mother's day present...it's a polished WIP!

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (43k/80k)

Invasion 2071 (With Editors)

Read my blog: Quantum Spin Plates

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 03-12-2012, 02:50 AM   #27597
e.l
figuring it all out

Awesome! My mum wants red things for the kitchen, for some reason.

I'm watching Supernatural, are any of you fans?
Old 03-12-2012, 02:51 AM   #27598
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

I am supposed to be plotting...

But I don't want to. I'm scared I'll have another crisis.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 03-12-2012, 02:56 AM   #27599
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoombie View Post
Para is smart, you should listen to everything she says EXCEPT for when she's talking about her own work, because she never says how good it is.

(Para writes REALLY really really...really really...really...good.)
You're very kind.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:58 AM   #27600
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

I was freaking out about plotting and how many scenes I need and how long they should be... stuff like that.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Closed Thread