Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 12:59 AM   #27326
Bookgirl2021
A place where dreams are born

Location: In your head. I'm the little voice you hear all the time. And you thought that was your conscience!
Bookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
They say things come in threes, right? So I wonder what my last bit of bad luck is going to be... 1) I fall off a horse. 2) I kill my knee during a cha cha test this morning, and can't put weight on it at all. What next? *knocks on wood*

Mirror Effect: 2K/65K On hold

OLS: Editing

My Website/Personal Blog
Old 03-08-2012, 01:35 AM   #27327
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
Playing Angry Birds on FB.

I could be plotting.
Sherlock Holmes' Apprentice - MG Historical Mystery - On hold
Untitled - YA Paranormal Romance - Writing the first draft

Reading:
"Girlfriend in a Coma" - Douglas Coupland

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 03-08-2012, 01:53 AM   #27328
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

Kyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admiration
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalulu09 View Post
Playing Angry Birds on FB.

I could should be plotting.
There, I fixed that for you
Old 03-08-2012, 02:14 AM   #27329
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
Lol. I'm going to go do some.

ETA: Actually, I'm going to go to bed.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 03-08-2012, 04:55 AM   #27330
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
so i'm back from tutoring and spending a few hours at the restaurant Will works at. As i was sitting there contemplating life, i realized a few things. 1) this week i'm going to hard core work out. 2) I'm going to see if I can write 50K in a week. That's 7,140 words a day. I'm going to attempt to finish UZ in a week.

Challenge accepted.
WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
Old 03-08-2012, 05:03 AM   #27331
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

Kyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admiration
You can do it!
Old 03-08-2012, 05:09 AM   #27332
amlptj

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I hope I can! I doubt it, but I can try. This would leave me with the rest of the school year and summer to work on LotF books and finding beta readers for various books I'm looking to finally FINALLY get submitted somewhere.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 03-08-2012, 05:12 AM   #27333
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Wow. That's hardcore.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:15 AM   #27334
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

I think I'm going to try spending the fall of my junior year in England.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:19 AM   #27335
amlptj

Well next week is spring break, the one change i have at relaxation and writing time before school work goes in overload squared. So I'm hoping since i already wrote this book once, (now just a slightly different modified ending and different POV's) that this second time will be faster and easier. Then once i finish this book i'm taking a break from writing till something actually comes of one of my books. So by the time summer hits my goal is to be completely free of writing UZ so i can focus fully on query writing, agent hunting, edits, beta hunting, and such, for FREAKS, TAJ and UZ

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 03-08-2012, 05:28 AM   #27336
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm feeling the need to go hide from your productivity.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:33 AM   #27337
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
The Lion King was tonight! Was good.

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Old 03-08-2012, 05:42 AM   #27338
amlptj

No need to hide.

I say this every summer though.... and 4-5 years later... nothings happened and I've given up to drown my sorrows in writing more books that wont be seen by another souls eyes for years and year to come. So it sounds all nice and productive but it probably actually wont be.

And its officially been 10 years since i started my series. I remember being caught writing in class on March 11th 2002 in 7th grade, And i'd started the week before. I remember because like it was some sort of school paper i put the date up at the top. Still have it on the opening of chapter 4 in the original version. Sadly this really depresses me.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 03-08-2012, 06:06 AM   #27339
MysteryRiter
Murder isn't so bad...

MysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudge
'Grats , Tally!

I can do this. Two more days until spring break. Just two more days. I can survive.

I hope.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:52 AM   #27340
Bookgirl2021
A place where dreams are born

Location: In your head. I'm the little voice you hear all the time. And you thought that was your conscience!
Bookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Dancing With the Stars + the couple I wanted to win winning =
Having to use crutches for the next little while =
Having to sit out of dance and horsemanship until I have the okay from my doctor = (...until it = )

Mirror Effect: 2K/65K On hold

OLS: Editing

My Website/Personal Blog
Old 03-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #27341
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Morning team.

It's been ten years for me too, Ally. I know exactly how depressing that is.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:27 PM   #27342
KarlaErikaCal
YA romance writer in love with love

KarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Gooood morning!!!

I did not sleep a wink last night. Tried to, but it didn't work out. Now I'm gonna see if I can make some writing progress while I'm pretty alert before I turn sluggish as the day goes on lol.
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

Old 03-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #27343
amlptj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parametric View Post
Morning team.

It's been ten years for me too, Ally. I know exactly how depressing that is.
We should start a club! Or a Decade or more of Writing thread hehehe.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 03-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #27344
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Hi, guys. I'm ill.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 03-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #27345
amlptj

sorry Lisa

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 03-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #27346
amlptj

So what's new with everyone?

Right now i'm in work but i have nothing to do so i'm updating my outline for UZ. Can you put outlines in Share your Work? Kind of want some opinion's on some aspects of the plot itself.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 03-08-2012, 08:55 PM   #27347
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

I'm about to get back to revising Weeping. I let myself relax and play some Skyrim for awhile today...now for more work.

I think you can post outlines as long as you say that that's what it is. Pretty sure I've seen people do it before.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:02 PM   #27348
amlptj

My paranoia is getting the best of me now. Don't know if i trust putting up my entire plot for pretty much everyone on AW to see. Now i don't know what to do...

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 03-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #27349
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

Why?
Old 03-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #27350
amlptj

Still kind of want opinions on some aspects of the plot. Don't know how to get them now. Hummm... I'll figure out something.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Closed Thread