Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #27276
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
Hi, guys.

I turned out I was doing the wroing thing! I have to bring in 1K from my story in on Friday.

How the hell am I supposed to pick a scene??
Sherlock Holmes' Apprentice - MG Historical Mystery - On hold
Untitled - YA Paranormal Romance - Writing the first draft

Reading:
"Girlfriend in a Coma" - Douglas Coupland

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 03-07-2012, 06:46 PM   #27277
CharacterInWhite
Kind of a big deal

CharacterInWhite has a spectacular aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalulu09 View Post
Hi, guys.

I turned out I was doing the wroing thing! I have to bring in 1K from my story in on Friday.

How the hell am I supposed to pick a scene??
Print everything. Tack it to a wall. Pick up a dart. Close your eyes. Throw the dart.

Scene chosen.

Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Old 03-07-2012, 06:47 PM   #27278
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
LOL.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 03-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #27279
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Taylor_Writes has a spectacular auraTaylor_Writes has a spectacular aura
That sounds like a good idea

Trying to get at least halfway through The Two Towers today. Hopefully I'll finish by the weekend.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:09 PM   #27280
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Most of my scenes have loads of bad language and/or is crap.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 03-07-2012, 07:18 PM   #27281
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Oh.

Fix them up, then
Old 03-07-2012, 07:19 PM   #27282
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Happy Birthday again Karla! hows it feel to be 21?

I was in Disney World for my 21 last year, but still didnt feel any more special
WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
Old 03-07-2012, 07:22 PM   #27283
amlptj

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
two days ago i figured out how to fix the ending of UZ!!!While in class no doubt. Although i'm trying to get my MC's hands only slightly dirty, and i'm worried there stepping in a little too much. I was intending this to be a domino effects were all the bully's take each other down with Sam and Alex only stepping in a little to push them in the right direction of each other. Anyone want to hear the take down plot and see if there stepping in too much???

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 03-07-2012, 07:24 PM   #27284
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

Kyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admiration
Yesterday I forgot how old I am for a minute. This happened:

Me: "I don't have my ID with me. I mean, I'm 18--"
Friend: "Aren't you 19?"
Me: "...Oh my god you're right."

ETA: Sure, Ally
Old 03-07-2012, 07:25 PM   #27285
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I often forget how old I am.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:28 PM   #27286
amlptj

I actually do that all the time! I'm almost 22 and i keep saying that i'm 20. Guess its just wishful thinking. Doesn't help that every time i go to the movies someone cards me, because they think i'm no older then 16.

When i was up at Will's brothers for the weekend we went to a bar for food, because his brother and friend were getting a beer sampler, we were all carded, he looked at me and Will's cards and was like "Well either you guys look really damn young for your age, or these are be best damn fake ID's I've ever seen." Had to ask his co-worker to look at our ID's because they couldn't believe we were 21. Funny part is we weren't even drinking!!!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 03-07-2012, 07:32 PM   #27287
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

If I gave them the beginning, I could beep every time there is a bad word...

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 03-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #27288
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

Kyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admiration
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalulu09 View Post
If I gave them the beginning, I could beep every time there is a bad word...
...Why? It's just swearing. We read stories with swearing and sex and worse in my creative writing class all the time.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:40 PM   #27289
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I very much doubt you know any words that could shock a class of university students.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #27290
KarlaErikaCal
YA romance writer in love with love

KarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thanks, Ally!

How does it feel to be 21? No different than the day before haha. I never feel older unless I look at old pictures from at least 3 years ago and then I'm like whoa - I definitely aged lol
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

Old 03-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #27291
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Well, I have faggot in there....

Isaac uses it. I wouldn't use it.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 03-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #27292
amlptj

I have that word and much much worst in UZ. Sam pretty much isnt called anything else by his classmates in school.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 03-07-2012, 07:59 PM   #27293
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

It's amazing how fast Kony 2012 is trending. I watched the video this morning, and decided to share it on Facebook because I thought nobody had probably heard about it here, and it turned out a few of my friends had already shared.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:59 PM   #27294
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

I think I already know what I want to do for CampWrimo. O.o. "Sunshine Kisses" -- a contempary romance involving Nick and Hannah who meet on holiday...

That is all I know.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 03-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #27295
Horserider
Ever onward

Horserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I have trouble remembering how old I am, too. For some reason I keep thinking I'm 19 (I won't be for four more months).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parametric View Post
I very much doubt you know any words that could shock a class of university students.
^^ This.

I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right. ~The Book Thief

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:
Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

Old 03-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #27296
Parametric
phoenix blazing

I'll be 24 this year. Scary.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #27297
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

I'll be 20 in June.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 03-07-2012, 08:42 PM   #27298
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

I won't turn 20 until the end of this year. Sometimes I feel young, then I find a bunch of kids who have no idea what a VCR or Gameboy is and say nevermind.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:48 PM   #27299
amlptj

wanna talk about old school. My friend Sean this week brought his Sega game gear, its like an ultra big version of a Game-boy color

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 03-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #27300
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

We used to have a Dreamcast...

Ally, what's the website you go to for surnames?

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Closed Thread