Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 08:46 PM   #27176
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
My BIG BAD is...

...a fifteen-year-old girl.

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Old 03-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #27177
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
I'm not sure about my original beginning. I like it, but I don't know if it's hooky enough.

I'm keeping the party. It's the rest of it I'm not sure about.
Untitled - YA Epic Fantasy - Writing the first draft

Reading:
"The Chronicles of Narnia: The Horse and his Boy" - CS Lewis

Twitter
Tumblr

Last edited by lisalulu09; 03-05-2012 at 08:48 PM. Reason: ;
Old 03-05-2012, 08:49 PM   #27178
Thalia

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
I need to decide what POV I'm writing in...

I know 3rd person, but whether I'm alternate chapters or just writing omniscient...

I need Sophie's POV, but I need Veronika's for some scenes.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #27179
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
POV is a pain. I kept alternating in close third between Matthew and Carla, but I don't feel... it works.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 03-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #27180
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I feel like blabbering about my BIG BAD but that would ruin the ending of my first book for the 2 people here that are reading it.

You guys really have no idea how excited and proud I am that i figured out this epic ending of my series. Almost every book has some form of a OMG mind screw twist. But this ending gives the whole series and earthshattering OOOOOMMMMMMGGGGG mind screw squared twist!!!!!
WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
Old 03-05-2012, 08:58 PM   #27181
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Taylor_Writes has a spectacular auraTaylor_Writes has a spectacular aura
I don't know how old my BIG BAD is... Young, but older than the MC's, making him probably somewhere in his twenties, or maybe he could be eighteen... Or nineteen...
Old 03-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #27182
Thalia

I LOVE that moment.

I'm still working on the synopsis outline for Sherlockettes, but I can't work on it again until late tonight or tomorrow.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:04 PM   #27183
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Why not, Tally. Hairspray stuff?

I'm keeping this scene. I'm changing the one after it?

I actually don't know the difference between close third and omnicent third that well. I've never written it.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 03-05-2012, 09:08 PM   #27184
amlptj

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
My MC's are 23 in the last two books in the series. Making it a full decade from the beginning to end of the series. With all the challenges they went through they grew up alot, and there abilities transformed and changed making them the people they are when there whole world is ripped and shattered right in front of them. They end up so used to winning against evil forces that be, used to being indestructible that they completely forget what its like to be on the loosing end. To not win in the end.

I'm so evil to my characters!!!!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 03-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #27185
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Mathew and Carla are both eighteen in the first book.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 03-05-2012, 09:24 PM   #27186
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Jamie and Andrew are eighteen. The six books last from August to July the next year, so they're eighteen throughout the whole series. Jamie dies before his nineteenth birthday.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #27187
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

I'm not sure how long the series is.

Could someone explain the different types of third person POV, and how they work, please?

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 03-05-2012, 09:28 PM   #27188
amlptj

Awwwwww that's sad!!!!! I killed off one true MC and could literally never do it again. You would think a real person died how utterly depressed I was after I had to kill him off.

Yeah i dont really follow the YA age rules. First book there 13/14 Last two books there 23/24. But the majority of the series (second- seventh) they are YA range

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 03-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #27189
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

He's the major character of the two, and I figured that's the best way to end the series. I could keep going on and on and on if I didn't.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:53 PM   #27190
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Dinner in a minute.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 03-05-2012, 10:48 PM   #27191
Thalia

Yeah, Hairspray stuff.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:57 PM   #27192
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

I figured out the POV thing!!

ETA: I just crossed out an ENTIRE SCENE.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr

Last edited by lisalulu09; 03-05-2012 at 11:21 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:57 PM   #27193
amlptj

Out of class. I feel like i want to bang my head against the wall till it bleeds.

So what's new with everyone else?

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 03-05-2012, 11:59 PM   #27194
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

SCRIBBLING.

There is a lot of crossing out at the moment.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 03-06-2012, 12:00 AM   #27195
Horserider
Ever onward

Horserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I just watched the last episode of Firefly. I wish the show hadn't ended.

I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right. ~The Book Thief

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:
Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

Old 03-06-2012, 12:01 AM   #27196
amlptj

Cool, i'm fixing up my dialogue tags for chapter 15 of FREAKS. Then in class i'm going to try for the life of me to figure out what the hell to do with Unsung zero's ending. How i hate bullshit classes that are completely irrelevant to life.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 03-06-2012, 12:03 AM   #27197
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

I have decided that I'm going to mention the POV on the cards using highlighters.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 03-06-2012, 12:18 AM   #27198
amlptj

I'm going to have to draw a really large diagram to figure out what UZ's ending should be. I just cant figure out how everything is going to connect and how everyone is either going to end up dead or ruined without my MC's have to get there hands dirtier then I intended.

On another notes I might have to change my title because i found out Unsung Zeros is the name of a small rock band. I'm so pissed off now.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 03-06-2012, 12:21 AM   #27199
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

I changed my mind about the highlighters.

I'm going to need to add all the romance scenes into the outline...

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 03-06-2012, 12:33 AM   #27200
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

3 hours until my episode of Sherlock downloads on iTunes....

Booo.
Closed Thread