Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 09:33 PM   #26976
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hey Para! Hows it going?
WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
Old 03-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #26977
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Not so good. Sick of rejections. How are you doing?
Old 03-03-2012, 10:05 PM   #26978
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
I have a hair and makeup workshop today.

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Old 03-03-2012, 10:42 PM   #26979
Missus Akasha
practical experience, FTW

Missus Akasha has a spectacular aura
Hi, everyone!
Set the World on Fire: Magic, witches, demons, angels, New Adult
Cross to Bear: Steampunk, demons, witches, religion

Pandora: Sci-fi, Firefly meets Greek Mythology
A Slow Burn: pyrokinesis, burn victims, war, mystery

Tabula Rasa: Kill Bill meets Count of Monte Cristo
Old 03-03-2012, 10:56 PM   #26980
MysteryRiter
Murder isn't so bad...

MysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Trying to edit... I cannot believe how awful my first draft was!
Old 03-03-2012, 11:03 PM   #26981
amlptj

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parametric View Post
Not so good. Sick of rejections. How are you doing?
I'm sorry, keep your head up, you will find an agent who loves it soon enough!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 03-03-2012, 11:09 PM   #26982
MargoWest
the chart is not the sea

MargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputation
Heya folkses. I'm settled into the best spot in the coffeeshop... time to write.

Or procrastinate.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:16 PM   #26983
Missus Akasha
practical experience, FTW

Missus Akasha has a spectacular aura
I second Ally. Don't give up, Para.
Set the World on Fire: Magic, witches, demons, angels, New Adult
Cross to Bear: Steampunk, demons, witches, religion

Pandora: Sci-fi, Firefly meets Greek Mythology
A Slow Burn: pyrokinesis, burn victims, war, mystery

Tabula Rasa: Kill Bill meets Count of Monte Cristo
Old 03-03-2012, 11:19 PM   #26984
amlptj

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargoWest View Post
Heya folkses. I'm settled into the best spot in the coffeeshop... time to write.

Or procrastinate.
I'm waiting for Will, his brother, and his friend to finally decide to do something!!!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 03-04-2012, 12:40 AM   #26985
Bookgirl2021
A place where dreams are born

Location: In your head. I'm the little voice you hear all the time. And you thought that was your conscience!
Bookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*pokes head in* I made Turkish delight last night, and it probably needed to cook just a little longer, but it still tastes good.

I have five mini-papers and an annotated bibliography to do by Friday, and my room *SERIOUSLY* needs to be cleaned, and i need to go practice basket ball, but instead I'm plotting.

Awaking Melody: FINISHED! (12/26/13)
Mirror Effect: 2/65K

OLS: Editing

My Website/Personal Blog
A BookGirl's Reviews
Old 03-04-2012, 12:43 AM   #26986
MargoWest
the chart is not the sea

MargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputation
Is Turkish Delight hard to make? I'd be curious to try that. I love the stuff.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:46 AM   #26987
amlptj

I made it once, but i was 9 at the time so i dont really remember. It tasted goo though!!!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 03-04-2012, 12:50 AM   #26988
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Since we are talking delicious things, I make an amazing mint chocolate pudding. It's all melted inside. Mmmm. I'm going to make it for Dys when we go on holiday.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:54 AM   #26989
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Taylor_Writes has a spectacular auraTaylor_Writes has a spectacular aura
Phew. Finally finished a basic outline of the crime thriller series that has been floating around in my head. It's six books long, and though it will probably be challenge with my slow writing, I can't wait to start it.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:59 AM   #26990
amlptj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parametric View Post
Since we are talking delicious things, I make an amazing mint chocolate pudding. It's all melted inside. Mmmm. I'm going to make it for Dys when we go on holiday.
That sounds really good!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 03-04-2012, 01:11 AM   #26991
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 is a splendid one to beholdlisalulu09 is a splendid one to beholdlisalulu09 is a splendid one to behold
Hi, guys.
The Pages of My Heart - YA Contemporary Romance - On hold

Reading:
"Starcrossed" - Josephine Angelini

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 03-04-2012, 01:25 AM   #26992
Bookgirl2021

Location: In your head. I'm the little voice you hear all the time. And you thought that was your conscience!
Bookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by MargoWest View Post
Is Turkish Delight hard to make? I'd be curious to try that. I love the stuff.
Yes and no. It's one that's not *too* difficult, but it's also easy(ish) to mess up. The kind I make uses the juice from an orange and a lemon, 1 1/4 cup of water, 2 cups of sugar, 4 tbsp of unflavored gelatin, and the peels from the lemon and orange cut into strips. Dissolve the sugar in 1/2-3/4 cup of the water over medium heat, add the juice and the peels, bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes, add the gelatin to the rest of the water to let it "soften" for about 5-10 minutes (I normally do about seven), and then add it to the rest. Boil for another 15 minutes, or until it reaches the thread stage. Strain it into a dampened (fairly shallow) dish, and let it set for at least 8-12 hours (24 is preferable, but I hardly ever have the patience to wait that long ). Then you cut it into squares/cubes, and roll (or shake, if you use a plastic bag) it in a mixture of powdered sugar and cornstarch (1 tbsp cornstarch to 2 tbsp powdered sugar). ...don't throw the peels out. They're candied at that point, and they taste pretty good.

The reason it's easy to mess up is because if you don't cook it long enough it won't set right, and if you cook it too long, it sets too well and gets all chewy and weird.

My Website/Personal Blog
A BookGirl's Reviews
Old 03-04-2012, 01:48 AM   #26993
amlptj

My specialty for desserts, are 1) amazing chocolate chip cookies! 2) GOD COOKIES! Me and Will developed them from another recipe we found. They are dark chocolate cookies, with a gooey dark chocolate peanut butter cream in the middle. THERE AWESOME!!!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 03-04-2012, 02:05 AM   #26994
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Finally going to sit down and watch The Fellowship of the Ring... A month after reading the book. Dad finally found the extended edition.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:06 AM   #26995
amlptj

the extended is amazing!!! I dont care if its like a 4 hour movie its soooooo worth it!!!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 03-04-2012, 02:50 AM   #26996
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

I had watched the first forty for minutes in science class, but I'm still rewatching it.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:54 AM   #26997
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 is a splendid one to beholdlisalulu09 is a splendid one to beholdlisalulu09 is a splendid one to behold
I have finished the scene of Sticks and Stones I'm on, so now I'm going to bed. 'Night, guys.
The Pages of My Heart - YA Contemporary Romance - On hold

Reading:
"Starcrossed" - Josephine Angelini

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 03-04-2012, 04:03 AM   #26998
Bookgirl2021

This made me giggle....

My Website/Personal Blog
A BookGirl's Reviews
Old 03-04-2012, 04:56 AM   #26999
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Hahaha ! Cute

Hello there, Orlando Bloom I'm sorry it took so long
Old 03-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #27000
goddessofthehunt
Queen of inane tangents.

goddessofthehunt has a spectacular auragoddessofthehunt has a spectacular aura
I've lost an 1000-word scene. Apparently, my computer ate it. The important part of it was preserved on my blog, but I'm still not happy

Coldfire NaNo 2012: Screwed up massively, now redrafting. NaNo wordcount: 32k
Deathwitch (NaNo 2011): 84k, editing.

Last edited by goddessofthehunt; 03-04-2012 at 09:22 AM. Reason: I fail at emoticons
Closed Thread