Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 05:28 AM   #26376
MysteryRiter
Murder isn't so bad...

MysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudge
As should you be! I really want to get back to the query stage. Remember how suckish my query/writing was before? I think I've improved a lot! Time to redeem myself.

On an unrelated note, I re-self-published (don't ask) one of my short stories to Amazon. Thank gosh the reviews transferred, lol. I'm hoping people will actually buy this.

And now to watch The Office.

ETA: Yes! First sale! I'm now 30 cents richer! Haha.

Last edited by MysteryRiter; 02-24-2012 at 06:18 AM.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:41 AM   #26377
CharacterInWhite
Kind of a big deal

CharacterInWhite has a spectacular aura
Congrats on the full requests, Thalia.

Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Old 02-24-2012, 08:46 AM   #26378
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
Thanks!

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Old 02-24-2012, 01:51 PM   #26379
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Taylor_Writes has a spectacular auraTaylor_Writes has a spectacular aura
Congrats Tally! Even though I'm six hours late in the conversation...
Old 02-24-2012, 05:43 PM   #26380
KarlaErikaCal
YA romance writer in love with love

KarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congrats, Tally!
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

Old 02-24-2012, 08:41 PM   #26381
Bookgirl2021
A place where dreams are born

Location: In your head. I'm the little voice you hear all the time. And you thought that was your conscience!
Bookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Our heater's broken. Again. For the second time in less than a month.

Awaking Melody: FINISHED! (12/26/13)
Mirror Effect: 2/65K

OLS: Editing

My Website/Personal Blog
A BookGirl's Reviews
Old 02-24-2012, 09:38 PM   #26382
Thalia

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
14k left to edit, then I'm ready to send out my fulls and all. Woot!

Old 02-24-2012, 10:07 PM   #26383
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 is a splendid one to beholdlisalulu09 is a splendid one to beholdlisalulu09 is a splendid one to behold
Hi, guys.
The Pages of My Heart - YA Contemporary Romance - On hold

Reading:
"Starcrossed" - Josephine Angelini

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 02-25-2012, 12:05 AM   #26384
Thalia

Hey, Lisa.

I'm less than a chapter and a half away from being done these MAAH edits.

Then I'll send off my full, which is exclusive for a week (it was a contest thing).

Anyone want to read these edits? not looking for a beta, that would be a bit depressing.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:20 AM   #26385
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 is a splendid one to beholdlisalulu09 is a splendid one to beholdlisalulu09 is a splendid one to behold
I'm outlining.

I'm hoping to finish January tonight.

ALSO, GOOD LUCK TALLY.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 02-25-2012, 12:22 AM   #26386
Thalia

Only the epilogue left!

Old 02-25-2012, 12:27 AM   #26387
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Ahhh the chapter where I went, "OH, IT'S FINISHED."

I wish I had time to read more diary format novels (read THE MOTH DIARIES for class) but I don't. I'm curious to know how often entries occur.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 02-25-2012, 12:29 AM   #26388
Thalia

My favorite diary format novel was 'Dear Jo.' entries varied from twice a day to once in three months.

ETA: otherwise known as the chapter where you THINK it's over.

I love me my cliffhangers... when I'm the one who knows what's coming,

Last edited by Thalia; 02-25-2012 at 12:38 AM.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:34 AM   #26389
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

I was thinking: entries at least once a week, at least for this draft.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 02-25-2012, 12:40 AM   #26390
Thalia

Damn, I typed my eta too slowly! Stupid hairdresser chair!

Old 02-25-2012, 12:58 AM   #26391
Elysium
believe

Location: In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvania other times
Elysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hey everyone!

UNFAIR
A Dark Retelling of Snow White
Old 02-25-2012, 12:58 AM   #26392
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Hey, Ely!

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 02-25-2012, 01:03 AM   #26393
Thalia

Hello!

I was literally just using your MAAH notes for reference as I edited. XD

Old 02-25-2012, 01:07 AM   #26394
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

There is going to be an awkward scene with Daniel's mum in a shopping centre. I say no more.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 02-25-2012, 01:09 AM   #26395
Thalia

I'm just sitting here thinking about a possible torture scene in OWHH. I say no more.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:15 AM   #26396
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'll just plain say no more.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:17 AM   #26397
Thalia

THAT IS BECAUSE YOU ARE A SILENT LURKING NINJA.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:21 AM   #26398
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Trying to find a game to play while I try and come up with more scenes. One with the ball knocking the blocks with a paddle.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 02-25-2012, 01:24 AM   #26399
Elysium
believe

Location: In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvania other times
Elysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Tally - I know I'm late but congrats on the full requests!

UNFAIR
A Dark Retelling of Snow White
Old 02-25-2012, 01:41 AM   #26400
Thalia

Thanks!

OKAY, WHO SHOULD I KILL (or NOT kill) NEXT?

Closed Thread