Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #25476
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
I've got the first chapter of MAAH full of notes. Onto Chapter 2! (which I personally consider a much better, because Emil is my FAVORITE forever and ever and also CORWIN ANGST)

ETA: Ely, have you read anymore MAAH? I'm asking in case there's any comments you'd like to put in, and also because I'm kind of insecure about Chapter 3.

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Old 02-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #25477
Elysium
believe

Location: In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvania other times
Elysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Had an idea for a short story. Rihanna's song Only Girl in the World has been harassing for the past couple of weeks and so I started thinking what would be like to be the only girl in the world. Don't know how it's going to turn out/or if I should write it.

UNFAIR
A Dark Retelling of Snow White
Old 02-12-2012, 11:13 PM   #25478
Thalia

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
Sounds cool.

Old 02-12-2012, 11:14 PM   #25479
Allaboutwords13
You Snooze, You Lose!

Allaboutwords13 is well-respected
Sorry.. I guess it bugged me.
No worries.

"You know how it is in the kid's book world; it's just bunny eat bunny."
Old 02-12-2012, 11:16 PM   #25480
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboutwords13 View Post
It's fine that you all don't like Twilight. But I bet if I, or someone else trashed a book you loved, you wouldn't take it. So, you know. Just saying.
I'll take that bet. It's okay if somebody (ahem, Zoom) doesn't like a book I like. The world is big enough for both me and them.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:19 PM   #25481
Elysium
believe

Elysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia View Post
I've got the first chapter of MAAH full of notes. Onto Chapter 2! (which I personally consider a much better, because Emil is my FAVORITE forever and ever and also CORWIN ANGST)

ETA: Ely, have you read anymore MAAH? I'm asking in case there's any comments you'd like to put in, and also because I'm kind of insecure about Chapter 3.
I LOVE Emil. And I think the beginning of Chapter 3 gives more of a glimpse of Corwin's character. I'm in the middle of chapter 3 so I'll get back to you.

ETA: I also love Corwin in this chapter. I love how worried about Emil he was. It was kind of sweet/cute. *goes back to read*

UNFAIR
Old 02-12-2012, 11:20 PM   #25482
MargoWest
the chart is not the sea

MargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputation
Haha this reminds me of Zoom's many lovely rants about The Hunger Games...

(Which I don't personally have much of an opinion on either way, but I'm in the minority there.)
Old 02-12-2012, 11:21 PM   #25483
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
I'm going to listen to Glee on shuffle, because I don't know which album to listen to. Later, I will be using my iPod (headphones at night = need to be able to move with index cards...).

Doing all the important dates first.
Untitled - MG Fantasy - Resting
Sherlock Holmes' Apprentice - MG Historical Mystery - Writing the first draft

Reading:
"Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" - JK Rowling

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 02-12-2012, 11:23 PM   #25484
Thalia

Thanks, Ely! Just let me know what you think as you go, if you can. That'd be awesome. I'd rather know people's immediate reactions than people's comments after turning the story over in their head a few times.

I mean, don't get me wrong. The latter type of comment is also really important. But I've had a number of those, and less in-the-moment ness.

Old 02-12-2012, 11:25 PM   #25485
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by MargoWest View Post
Haha this reminds me of Zoom's many lovely rants about The Hunger Games...

(Which I don't personally have much of an opinion on either way, but I'm in the minority there.)
It is possible that one day Zoom and I may have to duel to the death over THE HUNGER GAMES. But for now, we can peacefully coexist.

(I'm stockpiling ammo. )
Old 02-12-2012, 11:27 PM   #25486
Parametric
phoenix blazing

I'm also braced for incoming CAPSLOCK REPS.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:27 PM   #25487
Elysium
believe

Quote:
Thanks, Ely! Just let me know what you think as you go, if you can. That'd be awesome. I'd rather know people's immediate reactions than people's comments after turning the story over in their head a few times.

I mean, don't get me wrong. The latter type of comment is also really important. But I've had a number of those, and less in-the-moment ness.
No problem.

UNFAIR
Old 02-12-2012, 11:28 PM   #25488
Thalia

Sorry, Para, but I'm on Zoom's side of that battle. it's not personal.

ETA: Aaaaaand... Already have all my chapter 2 annotations done. That was fast. I'll take this as a sign that Chapter 2 is either REALLY good or Chapter 1 is just sucky.

Old 02-12-2012, 11:30 PM   #25489
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Quote:
Sorry, Para, but I'm on Zoom's side of that battle. it's not personal.
My vengeance will be silent, like the ninja.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:32 PM   #25490
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
I've never read the Hunger Games.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 02-12-2012, 11:33 PM   #25491
Thalia

NINJA MONKEY PARA!

I've been at a Hairspray mass rehearsal for three hours, and will be here for at least one more. That's why I'm here for a long period of time then gone for an hour. I think I have to disappear soon.

Old 02-12-2012, 11:34 PM   #25492
Parametric
phoenix blazing

I used up all my self-discipline on my second epic year-long rewrite of the same novel, and now I am flitting from project to project like a butterfly on amphetamines. Somebody hit me.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:35 PM   #25493
Thalia

I would help you except I don't know what amphebatamabababimin-things are...

Old 02-12-2012, 11:35 PM   #25494
dystophil
Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe

dystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
All this talk of epic dueling about book preferences makes me want to take a front row seat and order some popcorn.

Also, I could use some help in the self discipline department as well. Especially since I technically have homework and lesson plans that I should get to at least some time today...

Old 02-12-2012, 11:38 PM   #25495
MargoWest
the chart is not the sea

MargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputation
*smacks Para with a fly swatter* And I believe you owe me an email!

Okay, so now that I've figure out what to do with SFN (sci fi novel), the amount of work this entails is slightly boggling me. I should start... nowish.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:41 PM   #25496
Elysium
believe

Tally - I'll rep you any comments that I have (just repped you).

UNFAIR
Old 02-12-2012, 11:42 PM   #25497
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

My first index card is up on the wall! (It's New Year, so... it has to be up first, the others have to be arranged XD)

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 02-12-2012, 11:42 PM   #25498
Zoealea
Mmmm, caffeine.

Zoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolness
I'm on Para's side of the Hunger Games battle.

Detachable (NaNo novel)-
1.6k/50k

Old 02-12-2012, 11:42 PM   #25499
dystophil
Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe

dystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
On second thought, who needs self discipline when there's chocolate and caffeine. Margo, it should help to decimate mind-boggling workloads as well.

Old 02-12-2012, 11:43 PM   #25500
Elysium
believe

TEAM PARA!

UNFAIR
Closed Thread