Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 12:50 AM   #25226
KarlaErikaCal
YA romance writer in love with love

KarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I wasn't a big fan of my creative writing professors. Only because I hated the bias against genre fiction. I wonder if some of you remember when I'd posted what one of them emailed me about a few genres (YA, romance, fantasy) and how they can be "excuses" for this, this and that. Yeah, I was not happy lol. If I take a future creative writing classes, I might go for something genre-specific at this one creative arts college in Chicago that you can take classes from even if you're not a student. But my plans for my future are going to vocational school to be an ultrasound technician.
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

Old 02-10-2012, 12:50 AM   #25227
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yeah my first one ever in college... i love and hate it. Exercise are fun and awesome... reading that we have to read... well to put it mildly they drive me insane and i hate them.
WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
Old 02-10-2012, 12:51 AM   #25228
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
I LOVE my children's fiction class.

I wonder if Blu-tack would work on card, or if glue dots would work on a wall...

ETA: WOW!
Sherlock Holmes' Apprentice - MG Historical Mystery - On hold
Untitled - YA Paranormal Romance - Writing the first draft

Reading:
"Girlfriend in a Coma" - Douglas Coupland

Twitter
Tumblr

Last edited by lisalulu09; 02-10-2012 at 12:58 AM.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:00 AM   #25229
KarlaErikaCal

KarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm having tummy troubles. I can't tell if I'm hungry or nauseous...I think it might be a bit of both...ughh. I'm also exhausted and can't focus on revising. BOO.
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

Old 02-10-2012, 01:01 AM   #25230
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
D:

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 02-10-2012, 01:07 AM   #25231
Elysium
believe

Location: In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvania other times
Elysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Karla - I hope you feel better.

UNFAIR
A Dark Retelling of Snow White
Old 02-10-2012, 01:18 AM   #25232
Elysium
believe

Location: In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvania other times
Elysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I want to co-write something with someone someday. It seems like it would be a lot of fun. *sighs* Speaking of writing, I haven't written anything (other than that poem) in days. I knew my streak wasn't going to last.

UNFAIR
A Dark Retelling of Snow White
Old 02-10-2012, 01:24 AM   #25233
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

I want to outline TMB before I continue it, and I'm hoping to continue Sticks and Stones this weekend.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 02-10-2012, 01:39 AM   #25234
KarlaErikaCal

I'm feeling a bit better. I think it was hunger because I ate and my tummy is fine now. Still exhausted though...

I'll be co-writing a book with my bf one day. It's The Perfect Crime but a bit revamped. It'll be more of a Bonnie and Clyde story. I don't remember if he said he wanted it to be adult or YA. I'd love for it to be YA, though.

I'm gonna see if I can nap for a little while and then work on revisions when I get up.

TTFN!
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

Old 02-10-2012, 01:40 AM   #25235
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

I would love to co-write a book one day.

ETA: I'm going to go to bed soon. 'Night, guys.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr

Last edited by lisalulu09; 02-10-2012 at 01:52 AM.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:04 AM   #25236
amlptj

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
hey everyone. Break during class.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 02-10-2012, 02:21 AM   #25237
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
Had my first psychology class today!

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Old 02-10-2012, 02:49 AM   #25238
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Taylor_Writes has a spectacular auraTaylor_Writes has a spectacular aura
I would love to take a psychology class.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:09 AM   #25239
Thalia

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
ugh.

im so depressed right now i can't even. gah.

sorry guys i just needed to vent a bit.

Old 02-10-2012, 03:46 AM   #25240
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

I wasn't feeling the best this afternoon either. And I don't know why...

Doctor Who is surprisingly really good...
Old 02-10-2012, 04:05 AM   #25241
Thalia

That's what I've been telling you!

Old 02-10-2012, 04:22 AM   #25242
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Yeah, and now I don't know why I haven't listened to you!

Well, I'd watch almost anything with a British accent in it. I love British accents. if I had one, I wouldn't shut up. Even though I can already talk a lot when I want to...
Old 02-10-2012, 07:17 AM   #25243
MysteryRiter
Murder isn't so bad...

MysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Trying to create a book cover for a short story I wrote... Where do you guys get the pics for your covers?
Old 02-10-2012, 07:19 AM   #25244
Zoombie
Vengeful Crystaline Hawk 45C
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I always think making your own cover is...weird.

Like, I think of it this way! A cover is your reward for getting published.

...no, wait, MONEY is your reward for getting published!

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (43k/80k)

Invasion 2071 (With Editors)

Read my blog: Quantum Spin Plates

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 02-10-2012, 07:32 AM   #25245
Bookgirl2021
A place where dreams are born

Location: In your head. I'm the little voice you hear all the time. And you thought that was your conscience!
Bookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoombie View Post

I think a cover is a more accurate description of the reward. Money is only your reward if your book does fairly/really well.

Mirror Effect: 2K/65K On hold

OLS: Editing

My Website/Personal Blog
Old 02-10-2012, 07:37 AM   #25246
Zoombie
Vengeful Crystaline Hawk 45C
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Money AND your cover!

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (43k/80k)

Invasion 2071 (With Editors)

Read my blog: Quantum Spin Plates

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 02-10-2012, 07:52 AM   #25247
Horserider
Ever onward

Horserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia View Post
Had my first psychology class today!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor_Writes View Post
I would love to take a psychology class.
I love psychology classes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor_Writes View Post
I wasn't feeling the best this afternoon either. And I don't know why...

Doctor Who is surprisingly really good...
Yay!

I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right. ~The Book Thief

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:
Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

Old 02-10-2012, 09:06 AM   #25248
amlptj

took a little nap now i'm back! So anyone still on? How is everyone and there writing doing?

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 02-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #25249
Horserider
Ever onward

Horserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm on. I'm pretty good. Haven't really been working on anything writing-wise lately.

I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right. ~The Book Thief

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:
Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

Old 02-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #25250
amlptj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoombie View Post

I was a nieve child and always thought that you got to help pick out the design for your cover. Didn't know you didnt have a say till a few years ago. It broke my heart, because i knew exactly what I wanted. So i make them the way i hope they will end up to satisfy myself. And if i ever do self publish something then looks like i have the covers all ready!

and ETA!!! I got my name in a book!!! hehehehe. Yeah its not my book but a guy a beta read for. He put my name in his book saying thank you! This excites me!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Closed Thread