Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 09:46 PM   #25201
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm busy doing a second pass of your work! How are you?
Old 02-09-2012, 09:48 PM   #25202
Zoombie
Vengeful Crystaline Hawk 45C
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm good. I'm alternating between reading my SS draft (needs more Jillian) and playing Armageddon Empires.

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (43k/80k)

Invasion 2071 (With Editors)

Read my blog: Quantum Spin Plates

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 02-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #25203
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh Yay! Thank you again!

I'm good, bored out of my mind at work, but writing a little.. by a little i mean exactly 821 words so far... boo... Matty's getting tortured though, so its kind of exciting.

And Zoom cool! I'm glad you done the first draft!
WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
Old 02-09-2012, 10:15 PM   #25204
amlptj

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
yay made it to 1.2K... God i'm writing slower then a snail. Doesnt make sense how i could write out 3K of CWII last night in an hour, but i cant write any of TAJ today... GRRRR.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 02-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #25205
Zoombie
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I've been rejiggering some background information. I have a bad habit of sometimes pulling ranks out of my ass because they sound cool. So I did some research and found out Colonel was a WAY higher rank than I thought it was.

*changes Colonel to Captain*

This is why research is IMPORTANT.

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (43k/80k)

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 02-09-2012, 10:25 PM   #25206
amlptj

Oh yes i know! i do it daily. For my second book i had to look up all the military ranks and how much they are all paid. Colonel's make good money... both my two characters were Colonels

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 02-09-2012, 10:26 PM   #25207
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Taylor_Writes has a spectacular auraTaylor_Writes has a spectacular aura
As soon as I walk through the front door of my house, my day just gets worse and worse for some reason.

I hope five frigging feet of snow is dumped down on us tomorrow. I don't want to leave the house.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:30 PM   #25208
amlptj

Awwwwww I'm sorry Taylor!!! I hope it gets better!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 02-09-2012, 10:34 PM   #25209
Zoombie
AW Moderator

(((((Taylor))))

This book is terrible and I regret ever asking anyone to beta it in the future. I think I will throw it out the window.

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 02-09-2012, 10:36 PM   #25210
amlptj

Zoom i'm sure it is great! You already got a contract for the first one, this one is probably equally as awesome

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 02-09-2012, 11:03 PM   #25211
amlptj

What is the typical way to spell the last name Allen? Allen or Allan?

Nevermind found the answer!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 02-09-2012, 11:07 PM   #25212
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoombie View Post
This book is terrible and I regret ever asking anyone to beta it in the future. I think I will throw it out the window.
Haha. You sound exactly like me. It will not be terrible, and I insist on reading it. (Shellfishes aside.)
Old 02-09-2012, 11:12 PM   #25213
Horserider
Ever onward

Horserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlptj View Post
What is the typical way to spell the last name Allen? Allen or Allan?

Nevermind found the answer!
I think it's Allen.

I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right. ~The Book Thief

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:
Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

Old 02-09-2012, 11:16 PM   #25214
KarlaErikaCal
YA romance writer in love with love

KarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hello!
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

Old 02-09-2012, 11:21 PM   #25215
amlptj

yes it is! Thank you!

I have a problem, that is easily solvable but I realized the character in my second book who name is Allen should be spelled Allan, because typically that is how the first name is spelled.

This characters son, Seth, the villain of the third book comes back in the 11th, and i just realized i'm going to give him the last name alias of Allen. Hehehehe. His full alias will be Chase Adam Allen. Because he has been chasing the MC's for 8 years, Adam is the name of his uncle who they killed. And Allen is the name of his dad who the MC also killed. If only i could add in his mom's name somewhere... but Tiffany doesnt work and Benson would send off instant red flags.... hummmm....

If only i could find a last name that meant "Son of Alan or Allan" Then that would be EVEN MORE PERFECT!!!!

ETA: I feel like an idiot.. there is a last name Called Allanson. No duh. Ok Now its going to be Chase A. Allanson. And the last name is fairly popular its 88618 on a list of US last names.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Last edited by amlptj; 02-09-2012 at 11:35 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:37 PM   #25216
Zoombie
AW Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parametric View Post
Haha. You sound exactly like me. It will not be terrible, and I insist on reading it. (Shellfishes aside.)
Well...

If you insist.

*works on SS*

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 02-09-2012, 11:38 PM   #25217
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
XD at you having a villain named Seth, Ally. My best friend's novel (which I'm in love with) features a villain named Seth.

Who is complicated indeed.

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Old 02-09-2012, 11:40 PM   #25218
amlptj

Interesting fact i just discovered! the name Allison, (my name) came from the last name Allison, (which i knew) Interesting part the last name Allison was originally a devation of Allanson, spelled Allinson, then during history somehow the "n" got dropped creating Allison.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 02-09-2012, 11:48 PM   #25219
amlptj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia View Post
XD at you having a villain named Seth, Ally. My best friend's novel (which I'm in love with) features a villain named Seth.

Who is complicated indeed.
yes. Seth has a very messed up history with his name. Let me explain. (kind of complicated) he was born of two druggies Allan Thompson and Tiffany Benson. He was born with the name Adam, after Allan's older psychotic brother Adam Thompson the villain in the second book.

Seth was taken away from his parents at the age of two by his grandparents on his mothers side. They legally got his name changed to Seth Benson to protect him from his parents trying to find him. years later when his mother got sober for a while her parents allowed for visitation. Once a month till he was 15 he visited his parents. Until my MC's... well killed them. He held a grudge. he went after my characters in the third book, turning all my MC's against each other cleverly. He dated Jul to get close to everyone and then manipulated the shit out of them. While undercover as a ghost his name was Nathan.

But in the end after kidnapping Laura (who he ended up having a crush on) he was caught, and he almost killed Ally after a huge epic fight. he went to jail, but caused a fire. They found remains who they believed were that of Seth's but... no he cleverly escaped. At 16 he got he developed the identity Chase A. Allanson.

So yes his name is Seth, but he goes by ALOT of names.

ETA: sorry my posts are all so long... had a lot of caffeine today and i'm like a squirrel on crack right now.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 02-10-2012, 12:35 AM   #25220
Elysium
believe

Location: In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvania other times
Elysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hey everyone!

I got an honorable mention in my school's poetry slam. Wasn't expecting to win anything considering the fact that I didn't even know there was a poetry slam and that I wrote the poem ten minutes before the actual slam.

How is everyone?

UNFAIR
A Dark Retelling of Snow White
Old 02-10-2012, 12:36 AM   #25221
amlptj

YAY!!! Congrats!

I'm good... in writing class now. How are you?

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 02-10-2012, 12:40 AM   #25222
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
Hi, guys. I was at my friend's house. XD

We were talking about visual plotting, and she took stuff down off a wall that is now dedicated to plotting.

*huggles writer friends*

I put a post it note up on a wall in my room last night -- I'm going to see if it's still up when I go up later. If not, Plan B which is index cards.
Untitled - MG Fantasy - Resting
Sherlock Holmes' Apprentice - MG Historical Mystery - Writing the first draft

Reading:
"Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" - JK Rowling

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 02-10-2012, 12:43 AM   #25223
amlptj

Hey Lisa. I was wondering where you were all day!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 02-10-2012, 12:44 AM   #25224
Elysium
believe

Location: In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvania other times
Elysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlptj View Post
YAY!!! Congrats!

I'm good... in writing class now. How are you?
I'm great, thanks!

You have a writing class? That's awesome! I really want to take a creative writing class when I go to college. It seems like it would be so much fun.

UNFAIR
A Dark Retelling of Snow White
Old 02-10-2012, 12:49 AM   #25225
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
I have writing classes!

HELLO ALLY.
Untitled - MG Fantasy - Resting
Sherlock Holmes' Apprentice - MG Historical Mystery - Writing the first draft

Reading:
"Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" - JK Rowling

Twitter
Tumblr
Closed Thread