Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #25001
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkspatters View Post
Oh! I totally thought it was Legend of a Freak, same as her blog, haha. But that's pretty cool
Legend of the Freaks, is the series title. I though my blog name was a cute play on words! hehehe.

The F.R.E.A.K.s is the name of the first book, although I'm not sure if i can keep that... because i know agents are kind of against series.
WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
Old 02-06-2012, 02:35 PM   #25002
inkspatters
The coordinates keep changing...

inkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I don't think they're against series, per se! They just want a first novel that can stand alone. If you have series potential, that's really a bonus. Although writing all the books in a series before the first has sold can be risky, I think often you just have to do it for your own sake as a writer.

Also, yay for editing!

And I tweet, too!

~ FALL TO PIECES, YA thriller, Marshall Cavendish
Old 02-06-2012, 02:36 PM   #25003
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Taylor_Writes has a spectacular auraTaylor_Writes has a spectacular aura
We're still on the 5th...

Anyways, I dropped in to say good morning (and check if we had gotten a new thread XD), and now I gotta go to school :/

Bah bye.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:38 PM   #25004
amlptj

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Well it can completely stand alone. All can actually. The only real information you need to know for each book are the individual abilities of the characters but it doesn't take long to get new readers informed every book. Only the 4th, and 11th-13th need for the reader to have more background.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 02-06-2012, 02:39 PM   #25005
inkspatters
The coordinates keep changing...

inkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsinkspatters is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Well, then you're all sweet. Series are awesome, imo. Although there are a few too many trilogies in YA.

And I tweet, too!

~ FALL TO PIECES, YA thriller, Marshall Cavendish
Old 02-06-2012, 02:50 PM   #25006
amlptj

Yeah i love series too. That's why i have a hard time ending mine. Finally decided on only 13. Really there could be 12 but i'm debating if I should just have one really really really long last one or split it into two books.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 02-06-2012, 02:57 PM   #25007
dystophil
Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe

dystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Morning everyone!

Um, remember me?

Old 02-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #25008
Elysium
believe

Location: In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvania other times
Elysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good morning everyone!

I'm finally up and ready for school for once. So glad I only have less than four months left of school...

*waves at Dys*

UNFAIR
A Dark Retelling of Snow White
Old 02-06-2012, 03:22 PM   #25009
dystophil

dystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*waves back at Ely*

And yay! Four months will pass in no time. Of course, then there's college and while late morning classes are the best thing ever, there are semesters like my current one where I have to be in junior high to teach by 7:30 in the morning. Who needs sleep?

Old 02-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #25010
Elysium
believe

Location: In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvania other times
Elysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*shudders* That's the same time I have to be in school.

Well hopefully the kids you're teaching aren't too bad early in the morning.

UNFAIR
A Dark Retelling of Snow White
Old 02-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #25011
dystophil

I'm only there during first and second period. While they're either still asleep or just waking up.

Old 02-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #25012
amlptj

Hi Dys, how are you?

Yeah my first class isnt till 1:30. After I finish this last chapter revision I'm going to sleep for a few hours and then drive up to school

Ok... anyone ever watch "You Again"? Well i've seen it several times and every single time I HATE the ending. ABSOLUTELY HATE IT! Why? Because its soooo unrealistic. I was bullied just as much if not worst then Marny and if my bully were marrying my brother (i dont have one but still) I'd NEVER let that happen. I'd tell him the first moment i saw her, and if he still agreed to marry her, I'd cut him out of my life.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 02-06-2012, 04:06 PM   #25013
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
People can change, though. I firmly believe that people can change for the better as they grow up.

I'm not saying it would be right for your imaginary brother to do that to you, but still.

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Old 02-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #25014
amlptj

Yeah people can change, its possible, but from my experience its rare.

Even in the movie, the bully started going back to her old evil bullying tactics in the movie when she was called out for what she was. In my opinion that shows her evilness was just laying dormant for a while. It just really bothers me about that movie, that in the end they were all awesome friends. NO! NO! that would never happen!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 02-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #25015
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
Hi, guys.

Still not got a new thread, then...
Sherlock Holmes' Apprentice - MG Historical Mystery - On hold
Untitled - YA Paranormal Romance - Writing the first draft

Reading:
"Girlfriend in a Coma" - Douglas Coupland

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 02-06-2012, 04:23 PM   #25016
amlptj

is early in the morning, the mods are probably still asleep.

Hello Lisa!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 02-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #25017
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
MAYBE THIS WILL BE THE FIRST TIME I WILL BE AWAKE WHEN WE GET A NEW THREAD.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 02-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #25018
dystophil

Hi Ally and Lisa!

I've been pretty shiny. Busy with work and school (I'll be done by next year, eep!) and getting this stupid little book ready to go agent stalking.

And wow, this thread is about to break into its sixth volume? I remember when it was vol. two.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #25019
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

I'm still not 100%, but I'm hoping to do some work for class and write some of TMB, and maybe Sticks and Stones, today.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 02-06-2012, 04:40 PM   #25020
amlptj

Off to take a nap before class! Talk to you all later!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 02-06-2012, 04:43 PM   #25021
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
Hmm... I disagree. I think almost everybody changes UNLESS their life doesn't change. So if, when you graduate high school, you go away to university alone, meet new people and live new experiences, you'll change. But if you just stay in the same town with the same reputation and the same friends, you won't change. You know?

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Old 02-06-2012, 04:48 PM   #25022
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

A programme on the telly has made me want to write Highway Hearts, a pretty old WIP about two best friends who travel round Europe in a VW campervan.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 02-06-2012, 05:18 PM   #25023
amlptj

Sorry I dont believe the same. Why? Because I've been the same person my who life. I've never changed, but in my life I've changed schools 4 times, and have moved. My surrounding, and friends might have changed, but I never did.

Then take my friends as a young child. I'd lost real contact with them up until recently with facebook, just yesterday over dinner me and my mom were talking about how none of them changed. They all grew up into people we always thought they would.

I feel that peoples personalities are rather set from a very young age. You might change in style, taste, beliefs, or mold yourself into a frame that fits in with certain groups, but in the end your always that same person inside. I feel it take alot, an extreme amount of will, or trauma to change that true inner person.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 02-06-2012, 05:33 PM   #25024
MargoWest
the chart is not the sea

MargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputation
I'm gonna have to agree with Ally here. Obviously people change slightly as they grow and mature, but true fundamental change to character or behavior is rare and takes either extraordinary power of will or serious trauma.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #25025
amlptj

Morning Margo! How are you today?

Ok had a large cup of tea with three tea bags... still no effect, so it looks like i'm going for a second cup. Pretty soon i'm going to need an IV of pure caffeine to keep me awake... That or i can just start taking coke.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Closed Thread