Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Freelance & Work for Hire > Greeting Cards, Bumper Stickers, and Fun Stuff
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2011, 05:50 AM   #1
lovesdesign80
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

lovesdesign80 is on a distinguished road
Licensing Art Work - Please Advise!

Four years ago, I developed a hobby with acrylic paints and I have a collection of work that I want to send out and see where it can take me.

I am interested in the possibility of creating a line with my work, consisting of greeting cards and various novelty items.

Someone told me about http://www.mosaiclicensing.com/
Does anyone have any experience with them? How does this process work? What exactly will they tell me and how will they evaluate my work? Do they sell artists' ideas to companies?
lovesdesign80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:15 AM   #2
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Gee, loves, wish I had some info for you, but hopefully the others here will. to the cooler.
Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:22 PM   #3
Cabria
AW Moderator

Cabria is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCabria is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCabria is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCabria is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCabria is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCabria is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCabria is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCabria is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCabria is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCabria is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCabria is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I don't think anyone here on this forum is familiar with mosaic licensing. I can check with one of our members who is an artist to see.

The key to happiness is to compare yourself to none.

Absolute Poetry, Volume 1
by the Poets of Absolute Write
Cabria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:48 PM   #4
truelyana
Set yourself free

truelyana is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstruelyana is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstruelyana is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstruelyana is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstruelyana is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstruelyana is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstruelyana is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstruelyana is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstruelyana is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstruelyana is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstruelyana is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome to the forum,
I am an Artist myself distributing my art work into printed greeting cards. I have not heard of this company before.
Good Luck in your career!
I hope someone here can help you.

truelyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:54 PM   #5
Medievalist
Cultus Gopherus MacAllister
SuperModerator

Medievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
They're not one of the standard companies; nor have they been in business long enough to make someone who licensed content (which I used to do) want to use them. Their terms are a little unusual.

Were I you, I'd think about a small do-it-yourself business using Cafe Press, Zazzle, Etsy, and similar service companies, and local venues. Post cards and greeting cards, and calendars have buyers. You might also look at what a local printer can do with and for you.

If you're not a skilled Photoshop user, you might want to hire a graphic artists to work with you in terms of transforming your photographs of artworks to effectively work with digital color printing.

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
My opinions are my own. | Who else would want them?
Medievalist is offline   Reply With Quote