Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > AW Writing Lab > Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 02:22 PM   #9451
akiwiguy
AW Inmate #90976

akiwiguy has a double-platinum reputationakiwiguy has a double-platinum reputationakiwiguy has a double-platinum reputationakiwiguy has a double-platinum reputationakiwiguy has a double-platinum reputationakiwiguy has a double-platinum reputationakiwiguy has a double-platinum reputation
But you're aware of those counterfeit questions that have been circulating lately?
Old 06-11-2007, 02:53 PM   #9452
Inky
A waltz in the woods...

Inky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Are you not in possession of one of those nifty conterfeit markers? Have you not been keenly interested in swiping one of those across someone, just to verify if they're human or not?

I know quite a few that qualify as pods

.99 Kindle/Amazon
EPIC FANTASY ROMANCE
No matter how many lifetimes she's born into, he finds her . . .
Old 06-11-2007, 03:49 PM   #9453
Woof
Outward Hound
Requiescat In Pace

Woof is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWoof is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWoof is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWoof is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWoof is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWoof is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWoof is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWoof is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWoof is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWoof is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWoof is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Did you know that you can buy question marks on the black market?

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.

Old 06-11-2007, 03:58 PM   #9454
akiwiguy
AW Inmate #90976

akiwiguy has a double-platinum reputationakiwiguy has a double-platinum reputationakiwiguy has a double-platinum reputationakiwiguy has a double-platinum reputationakiwiguy has a double-platinum reputationakiwiguy has a double-platinum reputationakiwiguy has a double-platinum reputation
Well, I hate to get back onto the counterfeit theme again, but aren't they usually just exclamation marks bent to look like the real thing? Do you think Inked would lend us one of those gizmos she's talking about?
Old 06-11-2007, 06:06 PM   #9455
MissAimee
I'm just a girl.

MissAimee has a spectacular aura
Should we ask her?
Old 06-11-2007, 06:12 PM   #9456
Jersey Chick
Up all night to get Loki

Jersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
What could be the harm in asking?

My books... Go ahead. You know you want to...

My Blog Facebook Twitter and last, but not least, my Website
Old 06-11-2007, 08:17 PM   #9457
Inky
A waltz in the woods...

Inky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I...um...they were taken away from me. I kinda went on a pod-people tangent. See, my boss, the one I USE to work for, he was such a putz that I just KNEW he couldn't be from here--I wasn't hip to Corporate America yet; therefore, didn't realize it's the stupid people that are in charge, you know?

.99 Kindle/Amazon
EPIC FANTASY ROMANCE
Old 06-11-2007, 08:36 PM   #9458
The Lady
Critical Member

The Lady is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsThe Lady is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsThe Lady is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsThe Lady is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsThe Lady is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsThe Lady is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsThe Lady is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsThe Lady is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsThe Lady is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsThe Lady is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I want one of those markers. Inked, I think you've still got some. It's ok. We'll keep your secret. Can you get us all a marker?

Some of them don't jump as high as others.

LW
Old 06-11-2007, 08:39 PM   #9459
Inky
A waltz in the woods...

Going once...going twice..

.99 Kindle/Amazon
EPIC FANTASY ROMANCE
Old 06-11-2007, 08:46 PM   #9460
The Lady
Critical Member

The Lady is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsThe Lady is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsThe Lady is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsThe Lady is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsThe Lady is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsThe Lady is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsThe Lady is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsThe Lady is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsThe Lady is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsThe Lady is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ooh, can I get one in each colour?

Some of them don't jump as high as others.

LW
Old 06-11-2007, 08:49 PM   #9461
Jersey Chick
Up all night to get Loki

Jersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Do they work on any surface?

My books... Go ahead. You know you want to...

My Blog Facebook Twitter and last, but not least, my Website
Old 06-11-2007, 08:50 PM   #9462
Inky
A waltz in the woods...

'Cause ye' got ta have freiiinnds, beedup beedup, bup bup bup bup, freeeeinds...can you hear me singing Bette Midler's medley?

.99 Kindle/Amazon
EPIC FANTASY ROMANCE
Old 06-11-2007, 09:03 PM   #9463
Rainy Night
INFJ

Rainy Night has a spectacular auraRainy Night has a spectacular aura
Were they developed by NASA? Will they work in outer space? Can you write with them while upside down?
Old 06-11-2007, 10:05 PM   #9464
Inky
A waltz in the woods...

Actually, what you do--because I used to handle ooooooodles of money--eez, vu simply swipe a mark across the bill you suspect and if it turns black, it's counterfeit...I think that's how it works...now I can't remember if it stays black, turns black, turns clear...hmmm...too many years away from money...I'll have to check references.
Hey, I started a thread that will force you to stretch your imagination. Interested? It's called: I KNOW what I saw. The object is to add up to 7 sentences and continue where the previous writer left off. So, in between all the other things taking up every free second of your life, I've added one more. Gee, makes you all warm & fuzzy inside, huh?

ducks & runs...fast...arms flailing...ignores commentary she resembles one running while wearing flippers....

.99 Kindle/Amazon
EPIC FANTASY ROMANCE
Old 06-11-2007, 10:18 PM   #9465
Woof
Outward Hound
Requiescat In Pace

Woof is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWoof is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWoof is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWoof is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWoof is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWoof is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWoof is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWoof is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWoof is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWoof is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWoof is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
inked, are you peddling your lipstick again?

Old 06-11-2007, 10:20 PM   #9466
Inky
A waltz in the woods...

You hopin' I'll pucker up & blow?
Darn you, Woof! I was making the attempt to go clean today....were you impressed?

.99 Kindle/Amazon
EPIC FANTASY ROMANCE
Old 06-11-2007, 10:42 PM   #9467
Woof
Outward Hound
Requiescat In Pace

Quote:
Originally Posted by inked09012 View Post
You hopin' I'll pucker up & blow?
Darn you, Woof! I was making the attempt to go clean today....were you impressed?
Was I impressed? Tell me, did your "go clean" attempt surpass your previous record of 43.7 seconds?

Old 06-11-2007, 11:43 PM   #9468
Inky
A waltz in the woods...

Um...er...weeel...you were timing me?

.99 Kindle/Amazon
EPIC FANTASY ROMANCE
Old 06-11-2007, 11:45 PM   #9469
Inky
A waltz in the woods...

I try to behave. Really, I do. But then, someone will say something, and...and..well...first it's a grin. Then a quiver. And then, the longer I remain silent, it's like this internal festering...but I gain control, and mum's the word.
But...because my warped mind wasn't able to release itself, I begin these accidental puns. Any suggestions on how to help myself?

.99 Kindle/Amazon
EPIC FANTASY ROMANCE
Old 06-12-2007, 12:09 AM   #9470
Woof
Outward Hound
Requiescat In Pace

How to help yourself? Hmmm...eating fresh baked goods? Have you tried bread made from fresh dill called dill dough?

Old 06-12-2007, 04:29 AM   #9471
Rainy Night
INFJ

Rainy Night has a spectacular auraRainy Night has a spectacular aura
Has this thread died?
Old 06-12-2007, 04:34 AM   #9472
akiwiguy
AW Inmate #90976

Shall we have a funeral service?
Old 06-12-2007, 09:18 AM   #9473
Inky
A waltz in the woods...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
How to help yourself? Hmmm...eating fresh baked goods? Have you tried bread made from fresh dill called dill dough?
Well. That WAS a nice mouthful of espresso!!!! Woof, I'm sending you an invoice for a new keyboard....and lips...mine are now burned...do you know how expensive this coffee is? You can't have me spewing it like that! I can't feel my yips...can you see 'em?

.99 Kindle/Amazon
EPIC FANTASY ROMANCE
Old 06-12-2007, 04:46 PM   #9474
Woof
Outward Hound
Requiescat In Pace

And since when are burning lips a handicap?

Old 06-12-2007, 06:13 PM   #9475
MissAimee
I'm just a girl.

MissAimee has a spectacular aura
Was it when people started drinking lighter fluid?
Closed Thread