Happy Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > AW Writing Lab > Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 11:08 AM   #30026
Nymtoc
Benefactor Member

Nymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Haven't you haddock-asion to hear yourself grunt?

"The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it.” ~ Terry Pratchett
Old 04-20-2012, 05:47 PM   #30027
kkbe
Huh.

kkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Mahi-mahi, or should I say, walleye'll be. . .I don't mean to be nit-pickeralin' here, and I certainly don't mean to carp, but don't y'all think these here puns is startin' to smelt jest a little bit?

“Who?”

“A male prostitute.”

No response. I pictured her on the other end of the line, running her fingers through her strawberry blond hair. She used to do that: run her long, slender fingers through her thick, shoulder-length, strawberry blond hair.

Sometimes it smelled like tangerines.
/my little blog/

Last edited by kkbe; 04-20-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:14 PM   #30028
iLion
Why do I say these things?

iLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm listening, but not herring anymore fish puns, so are you all fin-ished yet?

Old 04-20-2012, 10:24 PM   #30029
Drachen Jager
Professor of applied misanthropy

Drachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Isn't that a little out of tuna with prevailing attitudes around here?
Old 04-20-2012, 10:28 PM   #30030
iLion

iLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Don't you know this place shark-an get a mean attitude? Do I need to go get on my cod piece?

Old 04-20-2012, 11:13 PM   #30031
rsiquet
practical experience, FTW

rsiquet is well-respected
I've hoisted the Jolly Roger, are you ready to set sail? Or will your puns play poor Ahab while mine star as the Whale?

Last edited by rsiquet; 04-20-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:38 AM   #30032
iLion

When we get close to land again, will we see cows?

Old 04-21-2012, 01:54 AM   #30033
Drachen Jager

Drachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
If we spot the Hindenburg, will Nymtoc mistake it for a sea-mammal and cry, "Oh! The huge manatee!"
Old 04-21-2012, 02:04 AM   #30034
Nymtoc
Benefactor Member

Nymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
When Drachen Jager is told things he doesn't believe, does he say, "That's a bunch abalone"?

"The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it.” ~ Terry Pratchett
Old 04-21-2012, 02:52 AM   #30035
rsiquet

Do you always trade barbs with urchins? Isn't that against your morays?
Old 04-21-2012, 03:24 AM   #30036
Drachen Jager

With fronds like these, who needs anemones?
Old 04-21-2012, 08:36 PM   #30037
ShannonR.
<insert witty title here>

ShannonR. is on a distinguished road
Is it weird that I now have a craving for sushi?

My Facebook page

My Blog-The Prozac Queen's Court

My AllWomenStalk profile page
Old 04-21-2012, 10:28 PM   #30038
rsiquet

Do you eat Sushi alone, or in front of your piers?
Old 04-22-2012, 05:33 AM   #30039
iLion

Is that breaking a rule, and will you dock his pay?

Old 04-22-2012, 05:50 AM   #30040
Nymtoc
Benefactor Member

Are you attempting to launch an argument?

Old 04-23-2012, 02:32 AM   #30041
kdnxdr
One of the most important people in the world

kdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm feeling a little dinghy, mind if I skiff out of this conversation?

Here is our new website for culinary classes and tours:

http://www.rolandparny.com

Blog: Food For Thought http://www.rolandparny.com/food-for-thought.html
Old 04-23-2012, 05:52 PM   #30042
Komnena
In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah

Komnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Are we going to barque up the wrong tree?

Old 04-23-2012, 09:05 PM   #30043
Drachen Jager

Shouldn't we all just abandon this thread, the schooner the better?
Old 04-23-2012, 10:24 PM   #30044
iLion

Then what would we talk aboat?

Old 04-23-2012, 11:45 PM   #30045
Drachen Jager

Couldn't we just frigate this one, and shore up our other threads?
Old 04-24-2012, 12:21 AM   #30046
Komnena
In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah

Komnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Maybe we could just ketch some Z's?

Old 04-24-2012, 12:57 AM   #30047
Drachen Jager

Given more spare time, wouldn't most of the users here just spend it playing with their dinghies and watching prawn?
Old 04-24-2012, 01:13 PM   #30048
CDSinex
Imagine something clever here.

CDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Wouldn't they just go for a drive if a galleon of gas cost less?
Old 04-24-2012, 10:02 PM   #30049
iLion

You're suggesting they would just bow out of this thread? Isn't that a little stern?

Old 04-24-2012, 10:24 PM   #30050
Drachen Jager

If they did bow out, wouldn't that leave us rudderless?
Closed Thread