Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Novels
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 04:34 PM   #51
Debbie
conducting hijinks

Debbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
January BOC Ratings.

This is my suggestion.

Read and crit as usual then pick 1 favorite.
There will be NO 2nd or 3rd place winners.

If this is not acceptable, please post your opinion and include a voting alternative.

Reminder: There are 3 days left till deadline.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:35 PM   #52
Ehab.Ahmed
Drifting Silently

Ehab.Ahmed is a glorious beacon of lightEhab.Ahmed is a glorious beacon of lightEhab.Ahmed is a glorious beacon of light
Sounds like the best course of action.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:25 PM   #53
Debbie
conducting hijinks

Debbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hello All,
There are roughly 36hrs left to crit the BOC for this month.
Choose your winner!

Is going to be the naked Sara waking up from a one-nighter?

A reporter who jumps out of moving vehicles?

Or the troubled Witt, a man resurrected?

The crits are tough, choices hard. There can be only 1.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:09 PM   #54
dpaterso
No one of consequence!
SuperModerator

dpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ah canny take the pressure!

-Derek
Old 01-19-2011, 12:02 AM   #55
Ms Hollands
Cow lover

Ms Hollands is a glorious beacon of lightMs Hollands is a glorious beacon of lightMs Hollands is a glorious beacon of light
Gah! The crit day keeps falling on my week off. That's great, you'd think, but it's my first day off after 7 days of work, so I'm normally busy catching up on personal stuff and a bit scatty. Will do my best to de-scatt for the next one since I've missed a few in a row.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:48 AM   #56
Ehab.Ahmed
Drifting Silently

Ehab.Ahmed is a glorious beacon of lightEhab.Ahmed is a glorious beacon of lightEhab.Ahmed is a glorious beacon of light
April, we all have lives too, so we understand. I hope you can make time this month, we miss you here
Old 01-21-2011, 02:32 PM   #57
Debbie
conducting hijinks

January BOC Winner

DEREK

Congratulations!!
Old 01-21-2011, 02:36 PM   #58
Sophia
AW Moderator

Sophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congratulations, Derek!

And go, Deb, for doing a great job organising the BOC!
Old 01-21-2011, 03:06 PM   #59
Ehab.Ahmed
Drifting Silently

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
Congratulations, Derek!

And go, Deb, for doing a great job organising the BOC!
Ditto
Old 01-21-2011, 03:14 PM   #60
Debbie
conducting hijinks

Aww, thanks. I appreciate that.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:17 PM   #61
dpaterso
No one of consequence!
SuperModerator

dpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thanks everybody. I'm not worthy, etc.

I kinda sucked when it came to writing comments! Neither of the other 2 entries dinged my bell, I just couldn't get into 'em. Sorry 'bout that but sometimes that's just how it is.

Yeah Witt is watching the door, waiting for a visitor to arrive. His year is up...

-Derek
Old 01-21-2011, 04:20 PM   #62
Debbie
conducting hijinks

Bye Bye, Witt. you creep me out anyway.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:39 PM   #63
Ms Hollands
Cow lover

Ms Hollands is a glorious beacon of lightMs Hollands is a glorious beacon of lightMs Hollands is a glorious beacon of light
Sorry I missed it again. Eight of the last 12 days have been hampered by migraines. I've been underground (and still have a migraine now but there's only so much sleeping you can do).
Old 01-22-2011, 08:12 PM   #64
Ehab.Ahmed
Drifting Silently

I hope you get better soon, April.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:42 PM   #65
Debbie
conducting hijinks

Do we have any submissions for this month?
Old 01-25-2011, 08:55 PM   #66
Ehab.Ahmed
Drifting Silently

I think Ten is supposed to submit.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:55 PM   #67
Lauretta
In the fantasy word.

Lauretta is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLauretta is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLauretta is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLauretta is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLauretta is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLauretta is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLauretta is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLauretta is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLauretta is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLauretta is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLauretta is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm baaaack! Where's 10's submission?????

My shiny and sparkling blog!
Old 01-26-2011, 09:04 PM   #68
dpaterso
No one of consequence!
SuperModerator

It's a-comin', it's just that with the crit group not actually meeting till the 7th, there's no real hurry. As long as critters have it for a full week before chat.

-Derek
Old 01-26-2011, 09:10 PM   #69
xcomplex
Fantastic Fantasy!

xcomplex is on a distinguished road
How does this work exactly? I am interested to join you guys. I write YA fantasy and I am a teen, so I can crit with teen eyes lolz.

"Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder"
Old 01-26-2011, 10:20 PM   #70
dpaterso
No one of consequence!
SuperModerator

Heya,

The group meets in the AW critique chat room once each month, usually on the first Monday. As the thread title suggests, the next meet will be on Monday 7th Feb at 3pm GMT.

A week or more before the meeting, the person whose turn it is to be critiqued sends their writing sample (up to 5K words) to the nominated group admin, who distrubutes it via email to group members.

In the chat room, we each post comments on the sample, taking turns, usually over two rounds so everyone gets a chance to have their say, and the author gets to ask for extra clarification and discuss comments. Critique comments take the form of 2 or 3 boiled-down paragraphs focusing on the most relevant points. These chat sessions usually last between 1 and 2 hours.

Afterwards, the admin emails a transcript of the chat session to group members. Members may also email their critiques, containing fuller comments than were raised in chat, to the author, copying everyone else for info.

You're more than welcome to join the group. I guess the first question is, are you available on that date at that time?

-Derek
Old 01-27-2011, 08:14 AM   #71
xcomplex
Fantastic Fantasy!

xcomplex is on a distinguished road
Gosh, I am silly, but I am in Canada and I wonder what time it would be here...I may be available, but I am not 100% sure. What if I won't? Is there any way for me to miss the chat and send in my comments and read the others? This is probably unlikely, just wondering... Thanks!

"Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder"
Old 01-27-2011, 09:37 AM   #72
Raphee
In debt to AW

Raphee is a shiny, shiny jewelRaphee is a shiny, shiny jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcomplex View Post
I may be available, but I am not 100% sure. What if I won't? Is there any way for me to miss the chat and send in my comments and read the others? This is probably unlikely, just wondering... Thanks!
xcomplex, welcome to the group.
If you don't we'll send grizzlies over to set an example. Kidding.
We all know that life intervenes in the way if you can't make it.
As to missing the chat and sending comments, sometimes we do that. Though not on a regular basis.
The mods might want to correct me.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:05 PM   #73
SaraP
Daydreaming of love...
AW Moderator

SaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
xcomplex, if you're in Canada, the Crit Circle #1 might be better suited for you. More details here.

It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate

It takes strength to be gentle and kind

The Smiths

Life getting you down? Come get a pick-me-up.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:53 PM   #74
10trackers
Pollyanna

10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm FINALLY done editing Real life has been kicking my ass

But now I'm confused. Who do I send it to?

Blog

New Blog Post: How to Avoid Writing Bad Erotica

Short sexy stories: A Spank in Time, published by Blushing Books

Projects:
The Saga of EvilPants: "writing" a "query"

Cobra Ultraviolent Badge Of Honor:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraMisfit View Post
To the characters in your stories, you're a big death-ray of sunshine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraMisfit View Post

10s
Old 01-27-2011, 09:18 PM   #75
Ehab.Ahmed
Drifting Silently

To Boss obviously, lol.
Closed Thread