Happy Thanksgiving JPG

Happy Thanksgiving!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > New Members
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 01:24 AM   #4501
BigWords
Geekzilla

BigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
It's Happy Hour in the Pub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbielleRose View Post
Dude, I am not that flexible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwood View Post
The SFF Review Educational Supplement is now open. I'll be listing books, podcasts, online courses and anything else that aims to help the SFF writer improve their skills, provided they're free. (the books, podcasts, online courses and anything else, not the writers)

The British Comics Database is growing. Or mutating. I'm not quite sure which, yet.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:30 AM   #4502
zanzjan
99k and still going
AW Moderator

zanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvc View Post
Where izz the sekrit stash gone? Me needz bailey
For you, we bring out the big bottle:

Also, you been officially tuckerized in print now.

2014: Fly Away Home, Interzone #251, March; House Party Blues, Black Static #39, March; Shatterdown, Asimov's, June (podcast here!)
Old 05-13-2012, 05:03 AM   #4503
night-flyer
Roasting cows

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Where izz the sekrit stash gone? Me needz bailey
JED!!! So good to see you!

Forget about the sekrit stash...

*pulls Baileys out from the sekrit, sekrit stash*

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:29 PM   #4504
Kreuse
practical experience, FTW

Kreuse is on a distinguished road
Happy mothers' day to all
Old 05-13-2012, 09:14 PM   #4505
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

jvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraP View Post
*barges through the thread at full speed at the sound of the Dragon's voice and tacklehugs him to the ground*

JED!

I've... um... missed you.
Sara!!! Missed um you too

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWords View Post
It's Happy Hour in the Pub.
I love happy hour, it's so much better than marvelous minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzjan View Post
For you, we bring out the big bottle:

Also, you been officially tuckerized in print now.
That's one big bottle, it should last about twenty minutes
Quote:
Originally Posted by night-flyer View Post
JED!!! So good to see you!

Forget about the sekrit stash...

*pulls Baileys out from the sekrit, sekrit stash*

wow, forgot about the sekrit, sekrit stash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreuse View Post
Happy mothers' day to all
Err, wasn't that in March?

There comes a time in your life when you just have to run outside and shout 'banana' as loud as you can. Are you there yet?

Come follow me on Twitter (@JedCullan) for random stuff, plus regular #OnThisDay with humour.

My Blog: A Few Random Thoughts
Old 05-14-2012, 12:47 AM   #4506
regdog
Happy Thanksgiving
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
DRAGON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Blog-Updated on 10/9/14 An Open Letter To Hasbro

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
Old 05-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #4507
arielky
figuring it all out

arielky is on a distinguished road
Hi Elijoal, I just wandered into the pub. Is it okay if I just drink my Boh Malaysian tea from the Cameron Highlands? I love your photo, the snow, the spratfall... what a great combination. It reminds of snowshoeing down a steep slope in the Sierras with a hiking class on virgin snow. People were falling all over the place as they tried to snowshoe down. That's a good memory. Thank you!
Old 05-16-2012, 02:31 AM   #4508
Diggy
Banned for Trolling

Diggy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So, did you miss not having a pub for twelve hours?

(In fact you can have any drink as long as it isn't orange juice, I really don't like orange juice. Orange juice is nasty, horrible, yucky and a lot of other words I won't use here.)
I happen to love orange juice, and have loved it since I was a kid. I can't drink it but so often, but it's delicious.

But for the sake of your taste buds, I'll have a Capt'n'Coke... oh, and your next glass or bottle is on me.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:20 AM   #4509
tvernon1456
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

tvernon1456 is on a distinguished road
Hey guys. I'm new.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:22 AM   #4510
regdog
Happy Thanksgiving
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Greetings

Why not make an intro post in the Newbie section. We have a great crew waiting to welcome all new members

My Blog-Updated on 10/9/14 An Open Letter To Hasbro

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
Old 05-16-2012, 03:23 AM   #4511
BigWords
Geekzilla

BigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome to the Cooler - you can start a thread to introduce yourself properly.

Quote:
Quote:
The SFF Review Educational Supplement is now open. I'll be listing books, podcasts, online courses and anything else that aims to help the SFF writer improve their skills, provided they're free. (the books, podcasts, online courses and anything else, not the writers)

The British Comics Database is growing. Or mutating. I'm not quite sure which, yet.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #4512
night-flyer
Roasting cows

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome newbies, always good to see new faces in the pub.

*drinks until BW's avie becomes blurred*

That's better. Though the seeing double part was a bit scary.

Quote:
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 05-16-2012, 12:15 PM   #4513
BigWords
Geekzilla

If you keep drinking my avvie will start talking.

Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-16-2012, 12:37 PM   #4514
night-flyer
Roasting cows

Yikes!

Quote:

Old 05-16-2012, 02:31 PM   #4515
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

jvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Well that does call for a drink

There comes a time in your life when you just have to run outside and shout 'banana' as loud as you can. Are you there yet?

Come follow me on Twitter (@JedCullan) for random stuff, plus regular #OnThisDay with humour.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #4516
night-flyer
Roasting cows

I agree with the dragon, because dragons know best.

Quote:

Old 05-16-2012, 02:51 PM   #4517
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

I agree with the above dragon about dragons knowing best, as dragons know best

Old 05-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #4518
night-flyer
Roasting cows

So philosophical! That's deep, Jed.

I'll drink to that...

Quote:

Old 05-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #4519
SaraP
Proud to be a Sparklist
AW Moderator

SaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Of course, SparklePonies know better.

*shares Baileys and chocolate chips with Jed*

It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate

It takes strength to be gentle and kind

The Smiths

Life getting you down? Come get a pick-me-up.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:33 PM   #4520
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by night-flyer View Post
So philosophical! That's deep, Jed.

I'll drink to that...

I get very philosophical after a few drinks
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraP View Post
Of course, SparklePonies know better...
...to think they know better than dragons

(can't believe you missed out a bit of that sentence )
Quote:
*shares Baileys and chocolate chips with Jed*
now that's why sparkleponies knows betters, hic

Old 05-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #4521
SaraP
Proud to be a Sparklist
AW Moderator

SaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
...to think they know better than dragons

(can't believe you missed out a bit of that sentence )
I didn't. What makes you say that?

Quote:
I get very philosophical after a few drinks
Aaah, I see. That would explain it.

It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate

It takes strength to be gentle and kind

The Smiths

Life getting you down? Come get a pick-me-up.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:11 AM   #4522
zanzjan
99k and still going
AW Moderator

zanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Having one of those stretches where I'm reminded just how perfectly suited my life is to me being a heavy drinker, if only I just plain didn't like alcohol.

But please serve me up a virtual one, and keep 'em coming 'til I fall right off the pixel stool.

2014: Fly Away Home, Interzone #251, March; House Party Blues, Black Static #39, March; Shatterdown, Asimov's, June (podcast here!)
Old 05-20-2012, 07:29 AM   #4523
Patrick.K
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Patrick.K is on a distinguished road
Cool

Well I am new and young maybe one of you older pub goers can suggest a good drink and slid it too me on the low low
Old 05-20-2012, 08:21 AM   #4524
zanzjan
99k and still going
AW Moderator

Bailey's it is. *slides across bar*

Old 05-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #4525
night-flyer
Roasting cows

Welcome to the pub, Patrick.

I'm editing. Well actually, at the moment, I'm getting into the sekrit, sekrit stash. But whatever, I need some Baileys.

Quote:

Closed Thread