Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > New Members
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 06:31 PM   #3901
DMac
practical experience, FTW

DMac is on a distinguished road
Well Night that is my actual eye, photoshopped naturaly. That is my true eye color, kind of a steel grey. I decided to do the pupil to mimic my MC who is a mutated human. I always did want to get contacts and fangs though. My wife says she will divorce me after the excorsim.
Hey! Thanks all for the rain. We have had about 24 hours of a slow drizzle, good for the crops. DRINKS ARE ON ME! Um well not ON me literaly. I, um, well, how bout I just pour?
*sets up house*
Old 12-14-2011, 08:13 PM   #3902
Butterbean
This boy just ain't right

Butterbean is a shiny, shiny jewelButterbean is a shiny, shiny jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzanneSeese View Post
I read a couple pages back before I barged in here for alcohol.

I call my husband Snuffelufagus. < spell check doesn't know what to do with that.
But seriously, can I get a Margarita here? The slushy kind with salt around the rim of my glass and a pitcher within arms length?

I've found myself at a lose for words lately so I thought a drink or five would turn off my left brain and let my right brain stretch out a bit. There's enough room up there in my head I don't know why they have to fight so much.

Sue
Thanks Sue, I missed my appointment the other night and am waiting to return for my second visit and first visit with the mask, I guess. Not something I'm looking foward to.

My wife is sending me because I snore too much. We have a English bulldog that snores too loud and she wants to send her too.

The Adventures of Butterbean and the King &
Butterbean and the King, The Tale of the Crown Jewels
Old 12-14-2011, 09:11 PM   #3903
SuzanneSeese
Comfortably numb by rejections

SuzanneSeese is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thanks Sue, I missed my appointment the other night and am waiting to return for my second visit and first visit with the mask, I guess. Not something I'm looking foward to.

My wife is sending me because I snore too much. We have a English bulldog that snores too loud and she wants to send her too.
My husband actually loves his mask. His sleep was interrupted, he'd stop breathing for a few seconds - he gets a good nights rest with the mask now. You might like yours.

I need some more alcohol over here!

Writer's Blog: View of Sue
Humor Blog: Farvel Cargo

"Take car. Go to Mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?" -Simon Pegg, Shaun of the Dead
"You must never hesitate." - Sean Connery, The Rock

Old 12-15-2011, 06:34 AM   #3904
Spiral
looking at the stars

Spiral has a golden reputationSpiral has a golden reputationSpiral has a golden reputationSpiral has a golden reputationSpiral has a golden reputationSpiral has a golden reputation
*joins in the drinking*

Man oh man. *headdesk*

That is all.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:54 AM   #3905
zanzjan
Eating French Toast
AW Moderator

zanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral View Post
Man oh man. *headdesk*

That is all.
It's been that kind of a day, hasn't it? *passes the Bailey's*

Podcast! StarShipSofa 346

"It's always wrong of course to say that you can't do this or you can't do that in fiction. You can do anything you can get away with, but nobody has ever gotten away with much." -- Flannery O'Connor
Old 12-15-2011, 05:08 PM   #3906
Spiral
looking at the stars

Spiral has a golden reputationSpiral has a golden reputationSpiral has a golden reputationSpiral has a golden reputationSpiral has a golden reputationSpiral has a golden reputation
Thanks! It's been a rough week at work. First we had a pipe burst in the back room, so lost all of our water to the front (I work at a tea shop, do we kind of need the water!) and after that was fixed we discovered that the steamer had turned itself off (as a protective measure since it lost its water). So finally yesterday the steamer guy comes out to fix it, and it works again...for about three hours. Suddenly it starts leaking water out of the bottom and stops working again. Except, water continues to pour out the bottom. So we spend the evening periodically mopping up huge puddles of water. I'm currently getting ready to go in and (most likely) find a swimming pool.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:10 PM   #3907
Spiral
looking at the stars

But on the bright side, after work today I'm going to get my hair done. So, at least I'll look hot, right?
Old 12-15-2011, 05:23 PM   #3908
Butterbean
This boy just ain't right

Butterbean is a shiny, shiny jewelButterbean is a shiny, shiny jewel
Good Mornin' Spiral.

Hey on a brighter side, at least it's fresh water. It could have been a sewer leak.

I hope you have a great hair day today. I'm sure you'll look hot!

The Adventures of Butterbean and the King &
Butterbean and the King, The Tale of the Crown Jewels
Old 12-17-2011, 08:13 PM   #3909
Honeybug
Working my way up!

Honeybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*welcome to all newbies* I pop in here and there to relieve the stresses that haunt me. If ya see me in the corner by the fire you're welcome to join me. Don't be skarid!!

New stress?? A move is in my future. Uuugghhh---it's the holidays and I really don't want to think about moving right now. *grabs special mug* *fills it with coffee & baileys* *heads over to fireplace*

Ahhh! Hey! Who put that neon sign over the sekrit stash??
*must remember to go to the sekrit sekrit stash*

Miss y'all bunches!!

http://honeyboudreaux.weebly.com/

There are people who live in a dream world,
There are people who live in reality,
Then, there are those who turn one into the other.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:50 PM   #3910
night-flyer
flying about searching for cows

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*grabs Baileys from the sekrit sekrit stash and goes to sit by Honeybug*

The neon sekrit stash is just a decoy. No worries, my friend, they'll never find the sekrit, sekrit stash.

*raises glass*

To you and the Baileys.

*drinks self into a coma to relieve the stress*

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:36 AM   #3911
Honeybug
Working my way up!

Honeybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ahhh, night!! Ain't nothin better than sittin by the fire with a dear friend and sharing a bottle of Baileys!! (You didn't tell them about the sekrit staircase did ya??)

*Leaves up neon sign as decoy*

Old 12-18-2011, 03:40 AM   #3912
night-flyer

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
of course not. or the sekrit pantry. or the sekrit stash under the bar.

good to see you Honeybug, you've been missed.

I gotta run. Hope you're back on real soon.

*leaves the rest of the Baileys for Honeybug*

Quote:
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 12-18-2011, 07:54 PM   #3913
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

jvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Going to sit by the fire with Honeybug and night-flyer.

p.s. note to self. find new hiding place for sekrit stash. All of them. Even the one under Honeybugs chair

There comes a time in your life when you just have to run outside and shout 'banana' as loud as you can. Are you there yet?

Come follow me on Twitter (@JedCullan) for random stuff, plus regular #OnThisDay with humour.

My Blog: A Few Random Thoughts
Old 12-18-2011, 08:09 PM   #3914
Honeybug
Working my way up!

Hey there O' Wonderous One! Keep those claws offfa that one!! Ya know I'll sniff out the rest right!? Night has a great power and together the sekrit sekrit stash will be found. We always find it!!

We've never told anyone about the sekrit staircase under the bar where the sekrit stash is. It's the sekrit sekrit stash that's sekrit!!!

Good to have another friend to share with! How's things?

Old 12-18-2011, 08:14 PM   #3915
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

jvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ahh, but you'll never find the sekrit sekrit sekrit super-sekrit stash

Hmm, where'd I put that sekrit map to the sekrit sekrit sekrit super-sekrit stash?

Me doing okay at the moment. But that seems to change from day to day. I'm hoping 2012 will be a better year. But who knows

There comes a time in your life when you just have to run outside and shout 'banana' as loud as you can. Are you there yet?

Come follow me on Twitter (@JedCullan) for random stuff, plus regular #OnThisDay with humour.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:35 PM   #3916
Honeybug
Working my way up!

Have no fear---you're not alone on your roller coaster ride!! Just make sure the security latch is secured!!

*Runs to hide sekrit map to the sekrit sekrit sekrit super sekrit stash*

Old 12-18-2011, 11:13 PM   #3917
night-flyer

*watches Jed and Honeybug run around the bar hiding sekrit stash maps*

*pulls bottles of Baileys out of bag*

um...guys, I've raided most of the sekrit and sekrit, sekrit stashes already. It'll be a while before I'll have to search for the sekrit sekrit sekritsuper sekrit stash.

All your running around is making me thirsty. Join me in a bottle or two?

*kicks feet up, leans back on chair*

good thing this chair is made of iron...

*raises bottle*

Here's to a better year...we must meet in here on New Years. Here's to friends.

Quote:

Last edited by night-flyer; 12-18-2011 at 11:16 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:17 AM   #3918
Honeybug
Working my way up!

I knew I could count on you night!!

*settles on sofa next to night*

*grabs glass & fills with baileys*

*raises glass with night*

To the best peeps in any pub--anywhere!!

Will definitely be here for the big party!!

Old 12-19-2011, 11:33 AM   #3919
night-flyer

Last year I had bought a bottle of wine for New Years, but when it was almost 12, I couldn't get the d*mn cork out of it. So, I got my dagger and stabbed the uncooperative piece of crap. Finally got it open and it was nasty. :/

Think I'll have Baileys this year just to be on the safe side. Or maybe a Bud light.

Quote:

Old 12-19-2011, 07:34 PM   #3920
Honeybug
Working my way up!

That would be my kinda luck!

No worries here though, we'll hire servers so we can kick back and enjoy the end of the year party!!

Old 12-20-2011, 02:12 AM   #3921
Honeybug
Working my way up!

Y'all would be so proud of me!! I've just commandeered a fine bottle of scotch for our New Year's Party from the Cabaret!!

*Hides bottle in sekrit stash*

Must remember to save the best for last!

Old 12-20-2011, 03:00 AM   #3922
night-flyer

yay, Honeybug. Can we drink it now?

snowing here. for two days, it'll snow.

*curls up by the fire with a bottle of Baileys*

Quote:

Old 12-20-2011, 03:54 AM   #3923
Honeybug
Working my way up!

Most certainly---I can run in there for another bottle anytime!

*Opens bottle, grabs glasses*

May as well get comfy since you're gonna be snowed in for a couple of days.

Old 12-20-2011, 03:56 AM   #3924
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

I'll join you for a bottle. I mean glass

Snow. Love it. We got none so far, although it's pretty cold. Have you constructed any snowpeople yet?

Old 12-20-2011, 04:00 AM   #3925
night-flyer

No snow people unless you count me. brrrrr....

You can have the snow, Jed, I don't want it. I'll be lucky to get to work and back alive tomorrow, I'll be driving home at one in the morning. :/ Grandtots may build snow people, though. I think we'll get plenty enough for it.

Hey, Honeybug, we're here at the same time, is that amazing or what?

Quote:

Last edited by night-flyer; 12-20-2011 at 04:01 AM.
Closed Thread