Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > New Members
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 03:37 AM   #3776
Spiral
looking at the stars

Spiral has a golden reputationSpiral has a golden reputationSpiral has a golden reputationSpiral has a golden reputationSpiral has a golden reputationSpiral has a golden reputation
...need...coffee...or alcohol...or both, stat.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:27 PM   #3777
swachski
ripply

swachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Got a fresh pot of coffee brewing, as well as a fresh pot of alcohol.

This pub is too quiet. *dusts off the piano and starts to bang out a tune.*
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. — Mark Twain
Old 11-13-2011, 11:40 PM   #3778
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

jvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Coffee and alcohol, sounds good to me

There comes a time in your life when you just have to run outside and shout 'banana' as loud as you can. Are you there yet?

My Blog: A Few Random Thoughts -- you won't believe how random this is gonna get.

I am now tweeting at @JedCullan
Old 11-14-2011, 02:22 AM   #3779
Spiral
looking at the stars

Spiral has a golden reputationSpiral has a golden reputationSpiral has a golden reputationSpiral has a golden reputationSpiral has a golden reputationSpiral has a golden reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by swachski View Post
Got a fresh pot of coffee brewing, as well as a fresh pot of alcohol.

This pub is too quiet. *dusts off the piano and starts to bang out a tune.*
Thanks! I'm lovin' the entertainment too

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvc View Post
Coffee and alcohol, sounds good to me
Yay! Drinking alone is no fun.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:57 AM   #3780
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

jvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Next new member who stops by the pub gets a great big dragon rep

There comes a time in your life when you just have to run outside and shout 'banana' as loud as you can. Are you there yet?

My Blog: A Few Random Thoughts -- you won't believe how random this is gonna get.

Old 11-14-2011, 04:04 AM   #3781
Spiral
looking at the stars

*misses getting great big dragon reps*
Old 11-14-2011, 04:06 AM   #3782
Spiral
looking at the stars

...but seriously now, what is everyone up to tonight?

I'm drinking some nice red, thinking I should be writing. I'll probably end up just reading tonight though. Feeling pretty drained lately.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:19 AM   #3783
swachski
ripply

swachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm going sober tonight. Too much wine on Friday and Saturday night.

I did some writing today, some critting, some raking, I'm ready to just goof off the rest of the night.

I wonder if that nice red has anything to do with you feeling drained.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. — Mark Twain
Old 11-14-2011, 04:25 AM   #3784
Spiral
looking at the stars

Nah, It's my first glass...the feeling drained was what prompted the pouring of it

I've just been working too much and not sleeping enough and letting stress get to me. I'm hitting up my first yoga class in waaay too long on Tuesday, to see if I can remedy some of it. Can't wait!
Old 11-14-2011, 04:53 AM   #3785
swachski
ripply

I'm with you on the lack of sleep problem. I have a teen who stays up until all hours, a husband who wakes before dawn, and cats that are roaming half the night, so what is a light sleeper like me to do? *pours a glass of wine*
Old 11-14-2011, 06:29 AM   #3786
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

I've just been kicking back and reading. Boring I izz.

Old 11-14-2011, 10:23 AM   #3787
night-flyer
One cow, two cows, three...

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Dragons are never boring.

*sneaks into pub, leaves lights off*

*grabs Baileys from ever replenishing sekrit stash*

*curls up under table, hugging Baileys*

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 11-14-2011, 04:00 PM   #3788
DMac
practical experience, FTW

DMac is on a distinguished road
*quietly slips into the bar*
*notices sleeping dragon under the table*
*notices bottle of Baileys and mouth starts to water*
Nope, better to let sleeping dragons lay. Better stick to water, for now.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:46 PM   #3789
night-flyer
One cow, two cows, three...

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*opens eyes*

*looks around and spots a newbie at the bar torturing himself with water*

*sets what's left of the Bailey's on the bar and slips out the door*

Welcome to the pub, DMac.

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Last edited by night-flyer; 11-14-2011 at 11:47 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:28 AM   #3790
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

Welcome to the pub Dmac. If a certain flyer by night hasn't drunk it all, you can pour yourself a Baileys. Self service here at the moment. All the staff are either drunk or writering. Or both. Probably both.

Old 11-15-2011, 04:45 AM   #3791
Spiral
looking at the stars

Quote:
Welcome to the pub Dmac. If a certain flyer by night hasn't drunk it all, you can pour yourself a Baileys. Self service here at the moment. All the staff are either drunk or writering. Or both. Probably both.
I wrote two whole sentances tonight--one for each glass of wine...

joking

honest!

to the pub DMac!
Old 11-15-2011, 08:31 AM   #3792
Ovid9
Professional Procrastinator

Ovid9 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral View Post
...need...coffee...or alcohol...or both, stat.
Sounds like a coffee stout is just what you need!

Or, Irish coffee. Or both!

Mmm, coffee and alcohol, two of nature's most perfect creations.

And hello to you dmac! Sleeping dragons are the best kind of dragon!

*counting the days until it becomes a monthly badge...*
Old 11-15-2011, 07:38 PM   #3793
Greenify13
Fair Maiden of War.

Greenify13 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGreenify13 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGreenify13 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGreenify13 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGreenify13 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGreenify13 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGreenify13 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGreenify13 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGreenify13 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGreenify13 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGreenify13 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*slips in, grabs bottle, locates a booth*

*attempts to do too many things at one time*

Welcome to AW and the pub dmac! Hope you enjoy your time spent in both.

I'm a Good Egg~Just a little cracked and scrambled.

Complex Descriptions Come play, new game!
Old 11-15-2011, 11:15 PM   #3794
DMac
practical experience, FTW

DMac is on a distinguished road
Thanks all for the welcome.
*sipps water*
Thanks for the offer but this and coffee are about it for me. Past history. If memory serves though that should taste really good. *wipes lips* But do I smell something with *smiles* chocolate? Warm chocolate, and sugar, and *inhales deeply* cookie dough! You guys ROCK! Um and girls of course.
Don’t be too concerned with the timing of most of my posts. I do live in the western hemisphere. It’s just most of the time I live like a vampire with only occasional daywalking trips.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:44 AM   #3795
Honeybug
Working my way up!

Honeybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

Ahhh, that's better! This place is lonely without my favorite peeps. I need to bring these little bugs in more often.

http://honeyboudreaux.weebly.com/

There are people who live in a dream world,
There are people who live in reality,
Then, there are those who turn one into the other.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:49 AM   #3796
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

It's a better place with all your friends around you. You, me friends, you izz

Last night I did some writering for the first time in a while. I found the spark I was looking for in an old draft. Wondered for a long time what was missing from the newer ones, and it was found. Sometimes editing the crap out of something destroys the heart of it.

Old 11-16-2011, 04:54 AM   #3797
Honeybug
Working my way up!

Honeybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh---my apologies DMac---welcome to the home of the saints and sinners. I, of course, am a the only saint in this place. I cannot speak for these sinners!! I turn a blind eye to their goings on. (and if ya believe that I got some swamp property I inherited from that dragon I'll sell ya!)

Old 11-16-2011, 04:58 AM   #3798
Honeybug
Working my way up!

Quote:
It's a better place with all your friends around you. You, me friends, you izz

Last night I did some writering for the first time in a while. I found the spark I was looking for in an old draft. Wondered for a long time what was missing from the newer ones, and it was found. Sometimes editing the crap out of something destroys the heart of it.
We izz!! We izz!!

You got it in ya dragon---I know you will find the heart of it again. Stick with what you feel and the heart will come through!

Old 11-16-2011, 05:16 PM   #3799
Spiral
looking at the stars

Morning all!

*starts coffee brewing, sets basket of fresh-baked muffins on bar*
Old 11-16-2011, 07:14 PM   #3800
Greenify13
Fair Maiden of War.

Greenify13 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGreenify13 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGreenify13 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGreenify13 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGreenify13 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGreenify13 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGreenify13 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGreenify13 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGreenify13 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGreenify13 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGreenify13 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hey all!

If someone could spread some of that writerly goodness over here...it'd be greatly appreciated. Seriously, I feel so stuck.
It's getting to the point that I'm so bad at this part of the writing I feel I should kill another character to continue on...Alas, this is no tale of a serial killeh...or is it?
*cries out "Woe is me. Woe is me."*

I'm a Good Egg~Just a little cracked and scrambled.

Complex Descriptions Come play, new game!
Closed Thread