Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > New Members
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2011, 12:03 PM   #1
Eleni
practical experience, FTW

Eleni is on a distinguished road
Just an introduction

Aloha everyone,

I'm new to this forum. My name is Eleni, and I live in Hawaii. I started out as a screenwriter, but after finishing a first draft of my first novel last month, I found my true calling.

I've already started reading through this forum and have found some great advice.

Nice meeting all of you

Eleni
Eleni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:22 PM   #2
CACTUSWENDY
An old, sappy, and happy one.
Requiescat In Pace

CACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Cool

Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

Posted on Amazon.com and Smashwords.com

Don't forget to give a buck or two towards the Number One writing site online.

You are only a shadow standing in your own sunshine.[/SIZE]
CACTUSWENDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:13 PM   #3
seun
Horror Man

seun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

My site My twitter My facebook
seun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:14 PM   #4
regdog
Prowl
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

Don't forget to read the Newbie's Guide and enjoy AW

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to read the stickies, greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

I have passes for the pool on the roof, only $10

My Blog-Updated on 8/22/14 Same Place Different Time

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
regdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:53 PM   #5
thehairymob
If I had a brain I'd still be dumb

thehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudge
thehairymob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:36 PM   #6
Nickie
Not too old to learn

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light
Welcome to the Cooler, Eleni.

Nickie
Nickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:39 PM   #7
Victoria

Victoria is a shiny, shiny jewelVictoria is a shiny, shiny jewel
Talking I'm turning green!

How's the weather over there? Well, where I'm sittin it's cloudy, windy, and the temp is starting to drop quick. Also, I have always wanted to write a screenplay (my novel would make a killer flick!) Alas, I don't have the first clue how to start...wait! This is a writer's forum! Gotta go, oh, nice to meet you!
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:47 PM   #8
Amyre
Hippie Pinup Girl

Amyre is on a distinguished road
and
Amyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:33 PM   #9
AndreF
mmm coffee

AndreF has earned our admirationAndreF has earned our admirationAndreF has earned our admirationAndreF has earned our admiration
:PartySm ilWelcome to the party. Good luck with your novel.
AndreF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:37 PM   #10
whimsical rabbit
Bunned

whimsical rabbit is a candidate for sainthoodwhimsical rabbit is a candidate for sainthoodwhimsical rabbit is a candidate for sainthoodwhimsical rabbit is a candidate for sainthoodwhimsical rabbit is a candidate for sainthoodwhimsical rabbit is a candidate for sainthoodwhimsical rabbit is a candidate for sainthoodwhimsical rabbit is a candidate for sainthood
Welcome, Eleni!

Very interesting. 'Eleni' is one of the most common names in Greek, and it's the Greek equivalent for Helen.

I wish, I wish he'd stay away.

Hughes Mearns

"The personages in a tale shall be alive, except in the case of corpses, and always the reader shall be able to tell the corpses from the others."
Mark Twain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdiotsRUs View Post
As da Wabbity one said, observation is key to it all.
whimsical rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:46 PM   #11
Tifferbugz
Doing Pirate things...

Tifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

Welcome to the boards!

Website & Blog
Twitter
My Books

Tifferbugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:46 PM   #12
Eleni

Eleni is on a distinguished road
Thanks

Much thanks for all the greets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
How's the weather over there? Well, where I'm sittin it's cloudy, windy, and the temp is starting to drop quick. Also, I have always wanted to write a screenplay (my novel would make a killer flick!) Alas, I don't have the first clue how to start...wait! This is a writer's forum! Gotta go, oh, nice to meet you!
Victoria, Looks like we're working in a different direction, LOL. Anytime you need advice about SPs, drop me a message. Tweather here is lovely. Quite a contrast from my birth state of N.J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whimsical rabbit View Post

Very interesting. 'Eleni' is one of the most common names in Greek, and it's the Greek equivalent for Helen.
Whimsical Rabbit: Yes it is, and I happen to be 100% Greek stock, at least as far back as I can trace my roots. LOL.
Eleni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:56 PM   #13
whimsical rabbit
Bunned

whimsical rabbit is a candidate for sainthoodwhimsical rabbit is a candidate for sainthoodwhimsical rabbit is a candidate for sainthoodwhimsical rabbit is a candidate for sainthoodwhimsical rabbit is a candidate for sainthoodwhimsical rabbit is a candidate for sainthoodwhimsical rabbit is a candidate for sainthoodwhimsical rabbit is a candidate for sainthood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleni View Post
Whimsical Rabbit: Yes it is, and I happen to be 100% Greek stock, at least as far back as I can trace my roots. LOL.
Groovy.

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...d.php?t=194859

I wish, I wish he'd stay away.

Hughes Mearns

"The personages in a tale shall be alive, except in the case of corpses, and always the reader shall be able to tell the corpses from the others."
Mark Twain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdiotsRUs View Post
As da Wabbity one said, observation is key to it all.
whimsical rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:57 AM   #14
Mystery1
Make-believe

Mystery1 has a spectacular aura
Welcome, Eleni.

Sharon

Mystery1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:16 AM   #15
Sirenn
Kimberly Spencer

Sirenn is on a distinguished road