Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Blogging and Social Networking
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 03:39 AM   #126
Lady Cat
Cat slave extraordinaire!

Lady Cat is a glorious beacon of lightLady Cat is a glorious beacon of light
Okay BigWords, you've talked me into it. I just can resist a man who begs on Twitter.

I normally write in 3rd person and my blog is: http://carolsrandomness.blogpsot.com

This is going to be very interesting!

My Blog: http://randomwriterlythoughts.blogspot.ca
Find my books here: http://randomwriterlythoughts.blogsp.../my-books.html
Old 02-10-2011, 06:33 PM   #127
BigWords
Geekzilla

BigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thus far the entrants seem to be as follows, though as there are less players we may just run two weeks - which also gives a little more room for late entries and new people to sign up. Everyone should have their private messages by now as well...

WEEK ONE

BigWords http://bigwords88.wordpress.com/ (Omni)
Jamiekswriter http://jamiekswriter.livejournal.com/ (3rd)
Ralph Pines http://ralfast.wordpress.com (2nd)

WEEK TWO

Regan Leigh http://www.reganleigh.com/ (Omni)
Lady Cat http://carolsrandomness.blogpsot.com (1st)
Orion mk3 http://nonexistentbooks.wordpress.com/ (1st)

You may begin cursing and gnashing your teeth at the challenge... NOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbielleRose View Post
Dude, I am not that flexible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwood View Post
The SFF Review Educational Supplement is now open. I'll be listing books, podcasts, online courses and anything else that aims to help the SFF writer improve their skills, provided they're free. (the books, podcasts, online courses and anything else, not the writers)

The British Comics Database is growing. Or mutating. I'm not quite sure which, yet.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:42 PM   #128
LadyMage
Coffee habit ahoy

LadyMage is on a distinguished road
Know what - toss me aboard again.

Link is the first one in sig. I write urban fantasy heavily dosed with adventure. Always up for a challenge. Last time it was horror, this time it would be....?
Book 3: Lineage
Book 4: Revival (coming 2012)
Old 02-10-2011, 07:49 PM   #129
BigWords
Geekzilla

BigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
We're writing outside of our usual POV.

And it is MUCH harder than I imagined it would be, FWIW.

Quote:
Quote:
The SFF Review Educational Supplement is now open. I'll be listing books, podcasts, online courses and anything else that aims to help the SFF writer improve their skills, provided they're free. (the books, podcasts, online courses and anything else, not the writers)

The British Comics Database is growing. Or mutating. I'm not quite sure which, yet.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:49 PM   #130
xcomplex
Fantastic Fantasy!

xcomplex is on a distinguished road
toss me in please! I write YA Fantasy in third person close. I am up for the challange! My blog is in my siggy.

"Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder"
Old 02-10-2011, 08:12 PM   #131
BigWords
Geekzilla

WEEK THREE:

AbielleRose http://stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com (tbc)
LadyMage http://www.katherinegilraine.com/ (tbc)
xcomplex http://arielemerald.blogspot.com/ (2nd)

Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-10-2011, 08:19 PM   #132
AbielleRose
Crazy Cat Lady

AbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I usually write YA, romance and historical fiction. This should be a good challenge.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:29 PM   #133
BigWords
Geekzilla

*cough* POV, not genre this month. What's your usual POV?

(I'll try and wing it so that the actual genre part comes back into play next month)

Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-10-2011, 08:36 PM   #134
Jamiekswriter
The 1st Rule of Write Club: Write!

Jamiekswriter has earned our admirationJamiekswriter has earned our admirationJamiekswriter has earned our admirationJamiekswriter has earned our admiration
Mine's up!
http://jamiekswriter.livejournal.com/151482.html
http://www.amazon.com/Longing-Infern...1063872&sr=1-1
Fever: Club Inferno book 3 -- Coming March 2015 from Loveswept
Shifting Currents by Lissa Trevor
Triad by Lissa Trevor -- Coming October 28, 2014 from LooseId
Old 02-10-2011, 08:47 PM   #135
AbielleRose
Crazy Cat Lady

AbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWords View Post
*cough* POV, not genre this month. What's your usual POV?

(I'll try and wing it so that the actual genre part comes back into play next month)
Whoops! Most of the time I write in third person.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:09 PM   #136
Ralph Pines
In Search of the Throne of Stars

Ralph Pines has a spectacular auraRalph Pines has a spectacular aura
I'll post mine tonight, so I don't have to postpone my Friday post.
Neither Here nor There....

Short Story Collections Online:

Changing of the Seasons
U/F: Wizards' World War
Sci-Fi:The Gate

Contributor to NERD TREK (user name Rafael):

http://nerdtrek.com

And on Twitter:

RafaWriter (original it ain't, but it works for me!)
Old 02-11-2011, 04:44 AM   #137
Ralph Pines
In Search of the Throne of Stars

Ralph Pines has a spectacular auraRalph Pines has a spectacular aura
Here is my post: All About You
Neither Here nor There....

Short Story Collections Online:

Changing of the Seasons
U/F: Wizards' World War
Sci-Fi:The Gate

Contributor to NERD TREK (user name Rafael):

http://nerdtrek.com

And on Twitter:

RafaWriter (original it ain't, but it works for me!)
Old 02-11-2011, 07:14 AM   #138
xcomplex
Fantastic Fantasy!

xcomplex is on a distinguished road
I have never, NEVER written in second, lols! This will be a challange. So do I go the third week of February?

"Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder"
Old 02-12-2011, 05:11 AM   #139
BigWords
Geekzilla

I have failed miserably. Editing in links to the other participants in my post as soon as I have read the stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcomplex View Post
I have never, NEVER written in second, lols! This will be a challange. So do I go the third week of February?
Your target is to have it up by the 26th.

Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-12-2011, 06:00 AM   #140
Mr Flibble
They've been very bad, Mr Flibble

Location: We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the mess?
Mr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Can I join using the story I started last time? Only I want to write the next instalment...

"Fade to Black is a dynamic and original introduction to a world and character that promise further exciting stories". British Fantasy Society

The series has grown in complexity since the beginning, reaches a profoundly moving conclusion that is both unexpected and entirely satisfying - Publisher's Weekly

Twitter
Old 02-14-2011, 12:56 AM   #141
orion_mk3
Ne Cede Malis

orion_mk3 is a glorious beacon of lightorion_mk3 is a glorious beacon of light
What week are we on right now again? I have my prompt but am not sure when it needs to be done.
Excerpts from Nonexistent Books - my literary blog and daily writing exercise all rolled up into one! Short sections of books that don't (and perhaps shouldn't) exist. Like what you see? Purchase a print or ebook version!
Old 02-19-2011, 09:44 PM   #142
Lady Cat
Cat slave extraordinaire!

Lady Cat is a glorious beacon of lightLady Cat is a glorious beacon of light
It's been a crazy couple of weeks but I've finally got mine up: http://carolsrandomness.blogspot.com...-blogfest.html

My Blog: http://randomwriterlythoughts.blogspot.ca
Find my books here: http://randomwriterlythoughts.blogsp.../my-books.html
Old 02-24-2011, 07:23 AM   #143
AbielleRose
Crazy Cat Lady

Here is my piece for this month. I'm not too happy with it, but ah well.

http://stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com/
Old 02-24-2011, 11:48 AM   #144
BigWords
Geekzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion_mk3 View Post
What week are we on right now again?
I barely know what month it is. Don't worry, I'm sure the next chain will be better handled seeing as I am not going to be mismanaging it.

Everyone who has managed to complete something despite the absence of... - Well, any real guiding hand, I suppose - gets cookies and kudos points.

Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-25-2011, 02:07 AM   #145
LadyMage
Coffee habit ahoy

My usual POV is 3rd person. I don't often write in the first, but I'll give it a shot. Any genre? Stick with usual? Or I pick?
Old 02-25-2011, 05:53 PM   #146
BigWords
Geekzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMage View Post
My usual POV is 3rd person. I don't often write in the first, but I'll give it a shot. Any genre? Stick with usual? Or I pick?
POV: Second.

I'll DM you in a moment.

Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-28-2011, 12:22 AM   #147
Regan Leigh
Insomniac Writer

Regan Leigh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRegan Leigh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRegan Leigh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRegan Leigh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRegan Leigh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRegan Leigh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRegan Leigh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRegan Leigh is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Btw - I have to totally bail. I knew this month would be hard (part of why I nagged Gary to take over ) but... yeah. The pressure to do too much in too little time has eaten at me. Sorry!
Old 02-28-2011, 04:09 AM   #148
LadyMage
Coffee habit ahoy

Hoo boy. My shot at 2nd person is up!!
Closed Thread