Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Writing For Kids
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2010, 11:12 PM   #51
timp67
Guinea pig in the laboratory of God

timp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Butter croissants are still available!

But NATURALLY all the snickerdoodles are gone. And I am NOT running around in a cookie-fueled frenzy.

THE BOY WHO HOWLED
from Bloomsbury USA Children's Books

timp67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:44 PM   #52
jilly61
aye aye in search of an agent

jilly61 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjilly61 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjilly61 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjilly61 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjilly61 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjilly61 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjilly61 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjilly61 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjilly61 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjilly61 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjilly61 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Am I the only one that doesn't know what a snickerdoodle is? They sound great. I'll have to try them one day.

Course you could always go straight to Amazon.
jilly61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:41 AM   #53
Ivan_B
of Rassilon

Ivan_B is well-respected
*awakes* Crikey, is this party still going? You guys are ANIMALS! *hauls self up* *sips lemonade*
Old 11-09-2010, 03:21 AM   #54
RuthD
careful...you'll end up in my novel

RuthD has earned our admirationRuthD has earned our admirationRuthD has earned our admirationRuthD has earned our admiration
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smish View Post
There are Trader Joe's stores in the midwest, Sissy. So, you shouldn't have to go all the way to California to shop.
Yep, we've got them in Missouri... definitely midwest.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:51 AM   #55
MsJudy
practical experience, FTW

MsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yay for Trader Joe's! While you're there stocking up on the chocolate croissants (by the way, they come in 4 packs. There's me and my 2 boys. Imagine the negotiations for who gets the last one...) They now have dark-chocolate covered pomegranate seeds. Doesn't sound like they'd be nearly as good as they are...

OMG. I have a handful sitting right next to me. Okay, my third handful so far. *munch, munch, munch*

BTW, back to the whole reason for this pig-out-- I sat up late last night reading the first 2 chapters. Tim, you're just a little bit crazy, you know that?
Old 11-09-2010, 03:54 AM   #56
sissybaby

sissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthood
thanks, guys. They're supposed to open a couple of stores next year in the Kansas City area, which is still several hours from where I live, but I have family there, so when I visit them, I'll stop by.

In the meantime, I found several recipes for chocolate croissants that look easy, but I'm sure they won't be the same. They'll work in a crunch, though.

And jilly - you have to find a recipe and bake some snickerdoodles. They're so yummy! I had some Saturday morning at a ladies group I attended.

Now, let's get back to the party!!!!
sissybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:38 AM   #57
Alanna B.
Um,yeah so... ok then.

Alanna B. is a glorious beacon of lightAlanna B. is a glorious beacon of lightAlanna B. is a glorious beacon of light
Jilly- it is a crime that you haven't tasted a snickerdoodle. If you'd like I can pm you the recipe!

Sissy- your librarian story was awesome

Last edited by Alanna B.; 11-09-2010 at 05:19 AM.
Alanna B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:39 AM   #58
Alanna B.
Um,yeah so... ok then.

Alanna B. is a glorious beacon of lightAlanna B. is a glorious beacon of lightAlanna B. is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudScotKev View Post
Yay for Trader Joe's! While you're there stocking up on the chocolate croissants (by the way, they come in 4 packs. There's me and my 2 boys. Imagine the negotiations for who gets the last one...) They now have dark-chocolate covered pomegranate seeds. Doesn't sound like they'd be nearly as good as they are...

OMG. I have a handful sitting right next to me. Okay, my third handful so far. *munch, munch, munch*

BTW, back to the whole reason for this pig-out-- I sat up late last night reading the first 2 chapters. Tim, you're just a little bit crazy, you know that?
I think its safe to assume we're all a little on the batty side around here.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:02 AM   #59
timp67

timp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Tim, you're just a little bit crazy, you know that?
IT'S A GOOD THING! Mmmm. SUGAR!

THE BOY WHO HOWLED

Old 11-12-2010, 06:57 AM   #60
Alanna B.
Um,yeah so... ok then.

I think we should have held this party in the bouncy house- there's some crazy fun going on in there!
Old 11-12-2010, 07:06 AM   #61
night-flyer
flying about searching for cows

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I saw that there was a party going on in this thread.
Just thought I would peek in.

mmm snickerdoodles, I have a friend that brings me some every Christmas, it's almost snickerdoodle time!

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

night-flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:19 AM   #62
Alanna B.
Um,yeah so... ok then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by night-flyer View Post
I saw that there was a party going on in this thread.
Just thought I would peek in.

mmm snickerdoodles, I have a friend that brings me some every Christmas, it's almost snickerdoodle time!
BEST COOKIE EVER
Old 11-12-2010, 07:32 AM   #63
night-flyer

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanna B. View Post
BEST COOKIE EVER
True, I'm just too busy to bake so I only get 'em at Christmas.
Still warm...

and homemade fudge, chocolate covered pretzels, sugar cookies, and some things that I don't even know what they're called. She goes crazy during the Christmas season with baking.

Okay, I'm making myself hungry for sweets now...and Christmas is still a month away.

Lucky for me, I have leftover Halloween candy.

Quote:
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:30 AM   #64
timp67

night-flyer, you have just written my FAVORITE POST EVER.

THE BOY WHO HOWLED

Old 11-13-2010, 10:35 AM   #65
night-flyer

Kids were building snowmen today!! Hard to believe, it was in the seventies the day before yesterday, and then yesterday it rained, hailed, and then snowed. I guess winter is here, now. First snow.

Quote:

Old 11-13-2010, 07:26 PM   #66
Smish
Reads more than she writes.
AW Moderator

Smish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

Kids were building snowmen today!! Hard to believe, it was in the seventies the day before yesterday, and then yesterday it rained, hailed, and then snowed. I guess winter is here, now. First snow.
Are you in Texas? I realize it's a HUGE state and that it does snow in parts of Texas, but the kids-building-snowmen-in-November is shocking me.

One of my friends in law school was from Houston, and I was with her when she witnessed her first snow. She wasn't pleased by the snow AT ALL.

It's nice today in Kentucky. I'm going to go spend far too much money in a minute... it's good shopping weather.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:43 AM   #67
night-flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smish View Post
Are you in Texas? I realize it's a HUGE state and that it does snow in parts of Texas, but the kids-building-snowmen-in-November is shocking me.

One of my friends in law school was from Houston, and I was with her when she witnessed her first snow. She wasn't pleased by the snow AT ALL.

It's nice today in Kentucky. I'm going to go spend far too much money in a minute... it's good shopping weather.
This isn't our first snow, just the first one for the season. I have relatives who live in California, and they had never seen snow until they visited here.

Yes, Texas it is. It usually starts snowing in October here, but this year Halloween was actually nice. We get some pretty bad winters, I'm hoping since the cold started a month late that maybe it won't be so bad this year. Keeping fingers crossed, I hate driving in the ice and snow.

Houston is further south, and east of where I live, I'm closer to Oklahoma.

Quote:

Old 11-30-2010, 08:02 PM   #68
MsJudy

MsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Time to break out more cookies!

The Boy Who Howled now has its official RenLearn/Accelerated Reader quiz!

It is considered a 5.9 grade level and is worth 9 points. Way to go, timp!
Old 11-30-2010, 09:58 PM   #69
Smish
Reads more than she writes.
AW Moderator

Smish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

Woo hoo!!
Old 12-01-2010, 12:08 AM   #70
night-flyer

Quote:

Snickerdoodles for Timp,

Quote:

Old 12-01-2010, 02:09 AM   #71
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

jvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

There comes a time in your life when you just have to run outside and shout 'banana' as loud as you can. Are you there yet?

Come follow me on Twitter (@JedCullan) for random stuff, plus regular #OnThisDay with humour.

My Blog: A Few Random Thoughts
jvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:09 AM   #72
Alanna B.
Um,yeah so... ok then.

Quote:
Snickerdoodles for Timp,

I...am...um...speechless... NOM NOM NOM
Old 12-04-2010, 04:14 AM   #73
MsJudy

I want to dive into my computer nekkid and not come out until I'm covered in crumbs.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:03 AM   #74
night-flyer

I think I'll just grab me a cookie, before that happens.

*tries to get image of that out of head*

"Dashing through the snow"...uh, nope.

"Oh, come all ye faithful"...no, now I picture several nekked people in the cookies.

ugh

*exits thread*

Quote:

Old 12-04-2010, 05:10 AM   #75
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

jvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
And I didn't think cookies could get any better

There comes a time in your life when you just have to run outside and shout 'banana' as loud as you can. Are you there yet?

Come follow me on Twitter (@JedCullan) for random stuff, plus regular #OnThisDay with humour.

My Blog: A Few Random Thoughts
jvc is offline   Reply With Quote