Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > AW Writing Lab > Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2010, 10:07 PM   #26
Sophia
AW Moderator

Sophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm in, ye scurvy dogs! Arrr!
Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:09 PM   #27
SaraP
Daydreaming of love...
AW Moderator

SaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I think you guys waited until I left to do it ...

*sulks in the corner*

It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate

It takes strength to be gentle and kind

The Smiths

Life getting you down? Come get a pick-me-up.
SaraP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:12 PM   #28
Lauretta
In the fantasy word.

Lauretta is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLauretta is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLauretta is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLauretta is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLauretta is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLauretta is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLauretta is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLauretta is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLauretta is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLauretta is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLauretta is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
You have 2 mins to join us Sara!

My shiny and sparkling blog!
Lauretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:19 PM   #29
Fenika
practical experience, FTW

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I think they waited until I went shopping and was far away from my computer

Visit my blog: A walk-through guide to Eastern European castles.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Fenika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:54 PM   #30
Sophia
AW Moderator

Sophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
We're going again at half past, if anyone would like to join in.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:11 PM   #31
SaraP
Daydreaming of love...
AW Moderator

SaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I need me some action. Who wants to do one? When? For how long?

Uh? Uh?

Anyone?

It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate

The Smiths

Old 05-06-2010, 11:14 PM   #32
Sophia
AW Moderator

Chat room now, anyone who wants to word war!
Old 05-10-2010, 09:18 PM   #33
Pthom

Pthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Met my weekend deadline. Have some time before I have to meet the client. I can Word War for half an hour, I guess.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:13 PM   #34
Sophia
AW Moderator

If anyone would like to word war, I'll be around for the next few hours in the chat room and will join you.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:54 PM   #35
Fenika

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
It's been almost a month! I'll be around part of the morning (it's 9:22am here), and Sara might be around as well. Come join us in chat and do battle!

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 06-18-2010, 06:25 PM   #36
SaraP
Daydreaming of love...
AW Moderator

Laura, Sophia, we're waiting for ya!

It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate

The Smiths

Old 07-04-2010, 10:23 PM   #37
Sophia
AW Moderator

Time for war, all you greasers, squares and mods! Be there, or be a spod!
Old 07-18-2010, 06:55 PM   #38
Sophia
AW Moderator

If anyone would like to word war today, I'll join you!
Old 07-19-2010, 05:36 PM   #39
10trackers
Pollyanna

10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Anyone up for a Word War? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Blog

New Blog Post: How to Avoid Writing Bad Erotica

Short sexy stories: A Spank in Time, published by Blushing Books

Projects:
The Saga of EvilPants: revising

Cobra Ultraviolent Badge Of Honor:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraMisfit View Post
To the characters in your stories, you're a big death-ray of sunshine.
Quote:

10s
10trackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:43 PM   #40
Sophia
AW Moderator

Would anyone like to war during the next 2-3 hours?
Old 07-24-2010, 07:27 PM   #41
Sophia
AW Moderator

Word war in the next 90 minutes, anyone?
Old 07-24-2010, 08:27 PM   #42
SaraP
Daydreaming of love...
AW Moderator

In case anyone does want to join a Word War, we've doing them mostly in the AW Crit Circle room in chat (also used for - duh - the Crit Circles). There is more info on how to get to chat in this thread.

For info on how to get to the Crit Circle room, please look at this post. The link is no longer up at the top of AW, but you can get to it through the thread I mention above.

Remember though that the Crit Circle room is essentially a work place and as such is non-moderated at this time. Please use the main chat for basic writing discussions and non-writing fun.

Hope this helps and hope to see you there!

It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate

The Smiths

Old 07-25-2010, 04:37 PM   #43
Sophia
AW Moderator

I'm warring in the crit room for the next few hours; please jump in if you'd like to.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:39 PM   #44
Fenika

Too early here for creativity But maybe when I get some stuff done...

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 07-29-2010, 10:14 PM   #45
10trackers
Pollyanna

10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I need to get at least 2K done today, so who's with me?

Blog

Projects:

Quote:
Quote:

10s
Old 07-29-2010, 10:22 PM   #46
DeleyanLee
Writing Anarchist

DeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Just saw this thread today and it made me smile.

I remember, way back when in a different chat room (Forward Motion, FWIW), back in 2001 when this "game" first started during a midnight session between a friend of mine and one of the site admins (now site owner). It still happens there regularly to the point they added a chat room specifically for that purpose. Warring is particularly popular during November's NaNoWriMo.

Ah, memories.

Carry on, mights word warriors! Go ye forth and kick word butt!

Flamechild, the first anthology in the Children of the Vortex series, is now available here.
Stonechild is a free intro story to the Children of the Vortex series, now available here
DeleyanLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:35 PM   #47
10trackers
Pollyanna

You made me happy for a split-second there

Any other takers?

Blog

Projects:

Quote:
Quote:

10s
Old 07-29-2010, 10:38 PM   #48
Sophia
AW Moderator

I'll be right there, ducky!
Old 07-29-2010, 11:19 PM   #49
DeleyanLee
Writing Anarchist

DeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sorry, 10T, but I learned at FM that word wars don't do me any good. But do enjoy yourselves.

Flamechild, the first anthology in the Children of the Vortex series, is now available here.
Stonechild is a free intro story to the Children of the Vortex series, now available here
DeleyanLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:28 AM   #50
10trackers
Pollyanna

I finished work for today, so if anybody wants to wipe the floor with me in a word war, I'm in the chat room

Blog

Projects:

Quote:
Quote:

10s